Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:22:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cameron Romero's Origins

Started by VegaLA, October 16, 2014, 07:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegaLA

Anyone else think this won't get off the ground?

http://www.fangoria.com/new/first-details-posterart-g-cameron-romero-continues-night-of-the-living-dead-with-origins/

I sincerely hope it does though. Yeah, an origins story for 'Night of the living Dead' is going to upset more than a few people but someone WAS going to do it sooner or later and I believe if anyone will do it with passion for the source material its going to be George's own Son. My one issue is setting it in the 60s. Although Romero has never committed a timespan for the series (He managed to confuse me when I asked him that question directly) I do believe there was just 12 hours between the start of 'Night' and start of 'Dawn', Steven's Chopper flying over the redneck party at the end of the film 'Night'.

I know, you all hate Zombies.

James Christopher

You really can't underestimate Romero's influence on cinema. He pretty much invented a genre (some credit has to go to Richard Matheson's I Am Legend novel). But Romero's zombie creation caught the imagination, and spread like some kind of deadly virus from space.

But as for his latter career... I actually really enjoyed Land, despite some particularly unsubtle and heavy-handed satire element. I tried with all my will to find things to enjoy in Diary, but it felt like Romero was out of touch with the issues he was tackling (social media, found footage etc). And his characters had become a bit two dimensional (the living ones, I mean).

Survival Of The Dead was the real low point though, a really sad end to a career. Truly awful. So I don't hold out much hope for this. I'm sure there's enough good will and publicity to get it made though. And all due respects to what old Georgie created. And when he does finally pop his clogs, if they don't use robotics to somehow reanimate his corpse during the funeral, then there really is no magic left in the world. Now there's an Indiegogo project I would contribute to...