Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:47:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Let's go on another Vacation

Started by VegaLA, October 19, 2014, 09:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegaLA

This is for real. At first I thought this was a 5TH Vacation movie, then I saw a post by Chevy of that old banger they rented in the original movie which made me think it was a reboot, but reading this (spoiler in case you want to go in not knowing)...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1524930/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

..rather looks like a 5TH movie with elements of the original worked in. Should hit the cinemas this time next year and I'd like to see this on the big screen so I'm optimistically excited.

Probably have the whole studio to myself too!

Shaky

Ignatius_S

They were first touting this 4-5 years ago and it was meant to be release in 2013 (and looking at the imdb link, that date is referred to in the title). Although it's a sequel to a degree, it's been continually referred to a reboot and they obviously want to restart the series again using this a springboard so personally see this as more of a reboot.

great_badir

No no no no, just no.

Stop at Christmas Vacation.  Chevy's far too old - have a watch of the short they did a few years ago.  It just won't work.

Shaky

Quote from: great_badir on October 20, 2014, 12:37:43 PM
Stop at Christmas Vacation. 

Not being a dick, but you know there was a fourth one, right? It was watchable, but... not great.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120434/

great_badir

Quote from: Shaky on October 20, 2014, 01:54:18 PM
Not being a dick, but you know there was a fourth one, right? It was watchable, but... not great.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120434/

Yeah - I actually have quite a soft spot for Vegas if I'm honest, but more for the odd key moment as opposed to the wall to wall greatness of Christmas.  They really should have stopped with Christmas.

...and definitely not made a sequel to it focusing on Cousin Eddie...

El Unicornio, mang

El Unicornio, mang

Sorry, I replied to the one post before reading the next one

great_badir

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on October 20, 2014, 02:31:03 PM
Sorry, I replied to the one post before reading the next one

Ahh, no need to apologise - it was more to highlight just how bad Chrimbo 2 is, than anything.

Christ, it's bad.

checkoutgirl

I quite like Beverly D'Angelo, not sure if I like her enough to watch this. I watched the Eurpean Vacation one a few months ago and was surprised at how rude it was. They had the young boy going to a stripping establishment and bare nude girls chests and things like that. Bare boobs were kind of the done thing in 1980s screwball comedies so it's understandable. I echo the stopping at Christmas Vacation sentiments. That was pretty good. Chevington Chase must be well proper desperate for fame/money/pay a tax bill/pay alimony or whatever the fuck he needs to do this for. Probably saw Sly Stallone making a billion dollars by reviving his 1980s career and thought "Fuck it, it's worth a shot". He does look well old and bloated though but looking on the bright side, at least he's alive.

Bad Ambassador

Apparently Chase and D'Angelo only have supporting roles. Helms is the lead as grown-up Rusty. Leslie Mann plays Audrey, with Chris Hemsworth as her husband.

Shaky

Quote from: great_badir on October 20, 2014, 01:59:44 PM
Yeah - I actually have quite a soft spot for Vegas if I'm honest, but more for the odd key moment as opposed to the wall to wall greatness of Christmas.  They really should have stopped with Christmas.

...and definitely not made a sequel to it focusing on Cousin Eddie...

Doh - totally forgot there was a fifth one! Never been game enough to watch it so that's probably why.

VV is not particularly funny but it's very amiable. Definitely not a disgrace to the series or anything.