Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:39:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Developer threatens to kill gaben, is surprised by fuss

Started by Larry Two-Feet, October 21, 2014, 08:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This silly fucker saw his game was still labelled as "Early Access" an hour after its full release on Steam and decided that tweeting "I am going to kill gabe newell. He is going to die." was the best solution. Obviously it was just top bantz so he deleted it.

Quote from: Daftie http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/20/7024585/gabe-newell-death-threat-paranautical-activity-steam-valve"I have since obviously replied to them saying that I didn't mean what I said and pleaded that they consider the monopoly they have on the PC market before totally writing us off," Maulbeck said in an email to Polygon

Steam pulled the game immediately and this guy is now fucked, along with his wee company, which he "resigned" from straight away. His continuing tweets show a delightful lack of self-awareness:

Quote from: Why is ev'rybody always pickin' on me https://twitter.com/SpooderW/status/524334892989956098It makes me happy that there are people out there who, on this life shattering career ending day, want nothing but to call me a fucker.

So I think I've established that he is a bit of a tumpshie-heid. Here's a tweet from his ex-business partner:
Quotewatching my wife cry over this is killing me. For once in my life, i dont have a clue how to fix something. I have to figure this out.

Twitter, ladies and gentlemen.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Twitter is really just an experiment to see how society would be run if everyone just said what they thought/immediately vocalised their kneejerk reactions to everything.

Rape threats, death threats, and conversely the ridiculous conceited exaggeration of innocent comments. Surely we now have enough evidence to support closing it down for good.

Horrible bastard shite for cunts.

All tools are ruined by their users. Murderous, schizophrenic truck divers: hammers. Anonymous fuckheads: Twitter. Me: A really good boning knife, perforating Sainsbury's meals for one.