Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:26:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I NEED GORE AND PLENNY OF IT

Started by alan nagsworth, October 21, 2014, 10:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nobody Soup

Quote from: clingfilm portent on October 22, 2014, 12:52:41 PM
Braindead for fucks sake

yes. and not just because it's fantastically messy, but it's silly violence, if I came to a party and someone had last house on the left playing or something like that I'd leave.

dead snow
the loved ones?

Quote from: Nobody Soup on October 22, 2014, 11:29:20 PM
yes. and not just because it's fantastically messy, but it's silly violence, if I came to a party and someone had last house on the left playing or something like that I'd leave.

Precisely. I can't stand these relentless grim fests...

Also: Evil Dead > Evil Dead 2. The nudging and winking of the sequel gets old on repeated viewings I've found.

Shaky

Quote from: Nobody Soup on October 22, 2014, 11:29:20 PM

dead snow
the loved ones?

Many years ago I went to a party that had "Braindead" on in the background. At the point where shit really kicks off I still remember one girl's drunken screams of, "Why are we watching this?!? WHAT'S GOING ON?!?!?". So job done.

For additional Aussie fun you could also chuck in "Body Melt". Some Troma stuff is also a safe bet eg."Class of Nuke' em High". Street Trash, too. All pretty mucky and cartoony.

prwc

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on October 22, 2014, 10:23:24 AM
What's with that tag line for 'Splatter Farm'? "EI-EI-Ouch"? That's what you say when you're getting quite graphically dismembered all over the place, is it? 'Ouch"? "OUCH"?

If I ever meet the person who wrote that tag line, they'll be saying "Ouch", right enough. Stupid tag-line. "Ouch", indeed. Hmmmmph.

I like the tag line, it's just as nicely idiotic as the film itself is. I think the directors were only 16 or so when they made it and it's full of an enthusiasm anyone who was ever a dumb teenage gorehound should be able to relate to. It's ideal mindless party viewing. Though if the tag line itself ruffles your feathers that much you'd probably be better off staying away from it.

Mister Six

thenoise

Re: Troma Movies, they have uploaded a fuckload of free ones to youtube for free so that could be a cheapskate option.  I've been having them on in the background while donig the washing up or whatever and so far they have all been absolutely dreadful.  Recommended!

prwc

I like a lot of the films Troma has distributed (Combat Shock, Cannibal! The Musical, Bloodsucking Freaks, Mad Dog Morgan, Nightbeast, a lot of Guiseppe Andrews films) but the ones they make themselves are too self conscious to be enjoyably crap. At least from what I've seen, I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Hangthebuggers

Yep defo Braindead. Or bad taste.

Not so sure about body melt as mentioned above, that made me feel really sick. Not sure what it was about that film, but everything felt really 'off'.

dctprime

How about anything from the Hellraiser movies? That has to be a smorgasbord of gore.