Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:12:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Two Stanshall events at next year’s Slapstick Festival

Started by Ignatius_S, October 23, 2014, 01:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignatius_S

QuoteStanshall Onscreen Featuring Sir Henry at Rawlinson End
With Neil Innes and Denise Coffey
SAT 24 JAN 2200hrs
A rare chance to see this film classic on the big screen with a live audience. Described by Time Out magazine as the "missing link between Monty Python and Withnail & I,"Sir Henry has become a huge cult classic with a passionate following. Introduced by actress /director Denise Coffey ("Mrs E"). Plus on opportunity to see the first onscreen film of Viv Stanshall's invisible 'strip tease'act and other sequences in an experiment silent pre -Bonzo film shot by Neil Innes. Introduced by Neil Innes

Ginger Geezer: Celebrating the Life and Art of Vivian Stanshall
SUN 25 JAN 2000hrs
A remarkable comic tour de force of Stanshall-created genius featuring Mike Livesley's rave-reviewed adaptation of Viv's cult 1978 LP'Sir Henry at Rawlinson End'accompanied by the six piece Stanshallian orchestra "Brainwashing House." Followed by live music from Neil Innes, Rodney Slater, Mike Livesley and host of special guest performers (to be announced). This promises to be a fitting tribute, twenty years on, proving that Viv lives on through his extraordinary work
http://www.bristololdvic.org.uk/index.php?id=1723

Very pleased to see that Coffey will be introducing Sir Henry at Rawlinson End .