Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:03:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Started by BPFHAY, October 24, 2014, 03:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brat-sampson

Got the p
Spoiler alert
olaroid and the D6!!!
[close]
, still working on the n
Spoiler alert
egative
[close]
. I enjoyed a nice breezy S
Spoiler alert
atan
[close]
kill this morning with Azazel, some damage ups, Mom's knife and dark bum, which let me pimp-slap the b
Spoiler alert
oss
[close]
r
Spoiler alert
ush
[close]
too. So much more pleasant than struggling for ages with BB, which is apparently my hard mode.

Up to 28 hours in just under two weeks, not including Vita time or watching YT videos and not remotely bored yet.

madhair60

BPFHAY

I think you could have got out of that if you pushed against the machine really hard diagonally. It's attached to its spot by an invisible spring.

Benjaminos

Man, I wish there were no-damage achievements for the
Spoiler alert
boss rush
[close]
and the
Spoiler alert
cathedral
[close]
, 'cause I'd have them.

Gnawed leaf, daddy long-legs and the leech. Just stood still for a few minutes in every room and watched as enemies BROKE THEMSELVES UPON MY BODY.

BPFHAY

Try
Spoiler alert
unlocking The Lost. He is a no damage achievement in himself.
[close]

Obel

Finally broke my losing streak! Did a run through to the Cathedral as Judas, though not sure where the Negative disappeared to as I don't remember swapping it out. Killed Isaac in one hit. Lovely stuff. Easy when you know how!

brat-sampson

The Polaroid and the Negative both pop up as soon as you blow up Mom, so whichever you don't bump into vanishes immediately.

Obel

Yeah I know, I just remember picking up the negative, but not sure why I didn't go to the dark room. Must have swapped it for another trinket without realizing it.

Anyway. Been reading about The Lost. I understand the idea of putting in a ridiculously hard joke character, but attaching unlocks and achievements to it as well? Not sure about that. My OCD is going to be pissed off having unlocked everything but that shit...

BPFHAY

Quote from: Obel on November 19, 2014, 10:37:59 AM
Yeah I know, I just remember picking up the negative, but not sure why I didn't go to the dark room. Must have swapped it for another trinket without realizing it.
It's not a trinket like The Polaroid used to be. You just have it after you collect it.

Obel

How's everybody getting on with this, then?
I splashed out a bunch of cash for a PS4 and got four games for it last week, however still found myself spending more time on this, addictive as it is.

I've completed all endings (Sheol, Cathedral, Chest and Dark Room) with Isaac, Maggy and Cain. Managed to clear the boss rush room with Azazel yesterday, only to find that there's an unlock attributed to each character who does this room!
Spoiler alert
To access this room apparently you need to kill Mom within 20 minutes. I wondered what that timer meant on the stage transitions!
[close]

Also finally accidentally discovered how to get into the giant golden gate in the Chest and the Dark Room.
Spoiler alert
Found out by accidentally blowing up the Angel statue in the angel room. It turns into a miniboss that drops half a key, do this a second time and you'll get the second half of the key!
[close]
Haven't yet had the chance to access the room yet. Love that there are still things to discover! Including figuring out how to unlock about three of the challenges.

brat-sampson

I have Golden God (Chest w/ Eden, Dark room w/ Isaac) but am still thoroughly shit unless carried.

Still the most played game of the year though, and keeping pace w/ Dragon Age pretty much so will likely come out on top.

I'm still waiting on the 3DS version. That's the only way I can fall into obsessively playing this. Just let me play it on the train and in bed, please.

Obel

Yep, it's my in bed game too. Got it on my work laptop, every morning I do a run through it before my shower. Great start to the day!

Penfold

I got lots of HP Up, then Tammy's Head, then some laser thing and AWESOME!

Accidentally picked up Dead Cat for the second time, and for the second time it screwed me again.

Got a Satan fight.

Died 9 times.

Anger.

BPFHAY

brat-sampson

Ludicrous run yesterday w/ Azazel. Became guppy, had Dark Bum, full HP all blue/black hearts, Lump of coal, a large mushroom, Holy Mantle and some other stuff, carrying Guppy's Head just for good measure. Now, a Brimstone shot as Guppy (assuming it all hits an enemy) also produces a stream of about 10 flies, each of which do the damage of 2 brimstone shots. Long story short I full cleared the chest without taking any damage, One shotted pretty much anything in the Boss Rush, cleared a boss mob trap room w/o moving and took out BB with one brimstone and moving towards him a bit. Great fun, but pretty dumb. I just wish they'd show you the run seed at the end, be it from death or completion. I'd've written that one down.

madhair60

brat-sampson

If you have Dark Bum, Guppy's paw or just a ton of non-red health, then it's potentially a valuable 1/3 Guppy. But I'd probably never take it unless I already had one or two guppy items.

BPFHAY

It's entirely free if you only have one red heart container anyway. Unlike original Isaac, you get to keep your covering spirit hearts.

BPFHAY

Finally completed every challenge. It's been a while since I played in the regular mode.

BPFHAY

garbed_attic

Woah. How many hours did that take?

Obel

Fuck me... that includes completing it with The Lost?

BPFHAY

Quote from: gout_pony on January 20, 2015, 10:58:50 AM
Woah. How many hours did that take?
221. It's a great game to play in downtime, watching TV etc.

Quote from: Obel on January 20, 2015, 11:50:25 AM
Fuck me... that includes completing it with The Lost?
Yep. Beat The Chest + ??? pretty early on, and then managed to do boss rush and The Dark Room + The Lamb in one run.

The most time consuming thing was getting Meat Boy and Bandage girl, which are nearly impossible to find due to bugs.

Obel

A lot of people struggle with meat boy, I got him really early on. It's just a case of using the book that gives you a soul heart on each floor, that invokes the horsemen. Bandage girl is a whole different thing though, I've never gotten more than two bandages per run.

BPFHAY

Quote from: Obel on January 20, 2015, 02:37:56 PM
A lot of people struggle with meat boy, I got him really early on. It's just a case of using the book that gives you a soul heart on each floor, that invokes the horsemen. Bandage girl is a whole different thing though, I've never gotten more than two bandages per run.
Same deal for Bandage Girl, it's just 50/50 on what you get. I found Bandage Girl first.

You were lucky, though. Book of Revalations can also invoke alternative horsemen that drop the shitty hobby horse items, which is what happened the first five times. That's five times of actually finding the book on the first floor...

The item that pushed me into 100% was... Guardian Angel.

Junglist

Sheol. Boss. About 5% health left. One hits me. Dead. 45 minutes gone. Rage Quit. Cunt.

This is coming to different consoles as well as the New 3DS, which makes me so happy as a New 3DS owner who held off on Rebirth on the hopes that this would happen.

It's not even a 3DS anymore. It is a Binding of Isaac Machine. I'm going to be missing all sorts of train stations.

buntyman

Coming out on Wii u as well apparently, will definitely get that

Quote from: Bored of Canada on April 04, 2015, 05:57:48 AM
This is coming to different consoles as well as the New 3DS, which makes me so happy as a New 3DS owner who held off on Rebirth on the hopes that this would happen.

It's not even a 3DS anymore. It is a Binding of Isaac Machine. I'm going to be missing all sorts of train stations.

FUCKING YESSSSSSSSS.