Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:19:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Started by BPFHAY, October 24, 2014, 03:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Region Legion on April 08, 2015, 01:03:37 PM
FUCKING YESSSSSSSSS.

Only the NEW 3DS though. Apparently the old ones couldn't hack it at the full frame rate.

Quote from: Bored of Canada on April 08, 2015, 01:18:26 PM
Only the NEW 3DS though. Apparently the old ones couldn't hack it at the full frame rate.

Not a problem, I upgraded because I'm a fanboy of epic proportions.

The head-tracking is a revelation.

Quote from: The Region Legion on April 08, 2015, 10:09:59 PM
Not a problem, I upgraded because I'm a fanboy of epic proportions.

The head-tracking is a revelation.

It is, isn't it! I always played with the 3D on all the time with my regular 3DS XL but it's night and day with the new one. The C-Stick is also really helpful when you get used to it, which took me a while. I'm generally using it non stop for Majoras Mask and such.

Benjaminos

My last Eden run. I love it when the stars align and you just become ludicrously overpowered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n3mr0SDVQk

Benjaminos

So, Afterbirth is released tonight: http://store.steampowered.com/app/401920/ (40% off if you own the base game and pre-order before 5pm)

On the PC only for now though, so all my unlocks on the PS4 are pointless :( Still bought it, mind.

brat-sampson

Yeah, I was just watching a stream of this but have closed it to avoid too many spoilers. I'd imagine it'll drop on PSN eventually, but as I've played it mostly on PC this is fine for me :p You can import your old save, or use it as a good excuse to start a new one and have tiers of items unlock as standard.

Rough contents (might be old):

Greed Mode: A whole new game mode with a heavy focus on risk/reward that is a completely new way to play featuring new endings and a final boss
Expanded main game: A new final area has been added to the main game along with another new final boss and ending.
Daily Runs: Compete for highscores / best times on the leaderboards in these daily seeded runs.
10 new challenges
1000+ new rooms, as well as new tiny rooms, closets and giant arching hallways.
A new playable character, Lilith, mother of demons
120 new items along with new pickups, chests, pills, bombs, cards etc.
4 new alternate chapters
A new seed code combo page
A greatly expanded soundtrack.
New room types
A greatly expanded and updated HUD system
New secret transformations
8 new bosses
25+ new enemies
Updated item combo system
New achievements
New co-op babies

Time to lose another 50+ hours...

buntyman

Rebirth has just come out on the Wii U here but £13 is dearer than I was expecting for it, especially when you can get it plus Afterbirth on the PC for cheaper. I'm planning on getting a new laptop soon so maybe I'll hold out and get it on that instead.

madhair60

Quote from: brat-sampson on October 30, 2015, 09:31:49 AM
Yeah, I was just watching a stream of this but have closed it to avoid too many spoilers. I'd imagine it'll drop on PSN eventually, but as I've played it mostly on PC this is fine for me :p You can import your old save, or use it as a good excuse to start a new one and have tiers of items unlock as standard.

Rough contents (might be old):

Greed Mode: A whole new game mode with a heavy focus on risk/reward that is a completely new way to play featuring new endings and a final boss
Expanded main game: A new final area has been added to the main game along with another new final boss and ending.
Daily Runs: Compete for highscores / best times on the leaderboards in these daily seeded runs.
10 new challenges
1000+ new rooms, as well as new tiny rooms, closets and giant arching hallways.
A new playable character, Lilith, mother of demons
120 new items along with new pickups, chests, pills, bombs, cards etc.
4 new alternate chapters
A new seed code combo page
A greatly expanded soundtrack.
New room types
A greatly expanded and updated HUD system
New secret transformations
8 new bosses
25+ new enemies
Updated item combo system
New achievements
New co-op babies

Time to lose another 50+ hours...

CAN'T SHAGGIN WAIT

brat-sampson

New steam achievements are available to browse but only give names of items/challenges etc. All the images for locked achievements are now '?'s too so spoilers reduced.

ziggy starbucks

the original is 50p on steam right now

Junglist

Afterbirth is out! Gonna have to wait a week and a half as I can't afford £5 (lol), but it looks superb going off streams so far.

Benjaminos

I've played it, it's pretty good.

Some things wot I have seen:

L-shaped rooms
Cool voiceover when you activate pills/cards
Whole bunch of new challenges unlocked when you kill mom for the first time
Burning basement/flooded cellar
Doesn't appear to import your BoI:Rebirth save by default? I'm choosing to start with a clean slate, so I can keep track of what's unlocked anyway.

Junglist

I've got the filthy yarred version til pay day. Yeah its an option to import save, may go clean slate myself. New room layouts are great, upped the challenge quite a bit.

Benjaminos

Well, looks like I'm just playing greed mode for the rest of my life, pretty much. It's really everything I wanted - survive waves of enemies, buy the most powerful items on offer, get crazy overpowered. Far less reliance on the RNG, and
Spoiler alert
ultra greed
[close]
rules.

Protip: Brimstone and Monstro's lung. Not so useless any more!

brat-sampson

Yeah, screw it might go for a new save, try and keep on top of the new stuff a little. I've seen new bosses,new environments, pill-voice-guy (who I approve of). I fought Pin in a tiny room, which was weird, and had an item room with two items to choose from. I'm still relatively crap at it but it's still fun as hell.

hpmons

I UNLOCKED LILLITH YAY. TOOK HOURS BUT STILL!

Had to defeat Greed as Azazel, who had a ridiculously short range Brimstone thingy. I'm rubbish at avoiding projectiles at such close proximity, so it was just the luck of finding the Ludovico Technique on the second floor.

wooders1978

Ahhh ludivido tech and azazel = game win

When's this afterbirth out on ps4?

brat-sampson

They're still patching the hell out of the PC version at the moment, nerfs dropping all over the shop... Plus it's been heavily implied there are further secrets awaiting when
Spoiler alert
enough people rack up 999 coins in the Greed donation bank
[close]
. I don't know how they'll translate that sort of thing into the other versions, likely/hopefully they'll just get the fully ironed out version PC winds up with in a month or so.

Good work beating Greed with Azazel right now after they accidently both dropped his damage and increased his charge time (apparently the damage was a mistake and will be rectified) you should get a special version of the symbol. I had to cheese Greed myself the other day, making me even less a fan of the scaling health. I had Sacred Heart with Cricket's head, Cricket's body and a few more damage ups but nearly no health so wound up taking a couple of hits regardless and dying which *sucked*. Luckily I had the Ankh so got another shot at it, and when I got down to the last heart again I figured screw it and just let Gnawed Leaf, Cube of Meat and a protection fly finish the job. It took a while, but damn if I was going to lose a fight I could win. Turns out if he charges you once, he'll charge you a whole bunch of times, putting him nicely in range of my meaty death-cube.

hpmons

Even though its highly unlikely I'll lose this challenge, I can't stop trying to see how much I can squeeze out of this room...Do wish I had done it in a big room though, maybe I'll switch.

brat-sampson

After some real-life ARG shenanigans you can read up on elsewhere (I didn't really follow the whole thing) the latest patch has bestowed upon us a new secret! It's a
Spoiler alert
Character
[close]
you unlock by
Spoiler alert
blowing up a Greed machine at 999 coins.
[close]
So yeah, hope you like
Spoiler alert
Greed mode.
[close]

TheFalconMalteser

I SMASHED that angel Isaac with ??? after numerous attempts on Binding of Isaac, unlocking the D6.  Tempted to try some of the challenges next.

What do I do though, I have it on the PC - without the D6, and this isn't the Rebirth edition.  And I have it on the PS4, which I understand is getting Afterbirth.

One thing I don't like is it doesn't tell me on the PS4 what/when I've unlocked.  Is that right?

wooders1978

No ps4 says things that have been unlocked have "appeared in the basement"

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on October 30, 2015, 02:44:27 PM
the original is 50p on steam right now

....bought it then....

....50 hours later....

woooh, I've just defeated mum's heart for the first time!

got massively lucky with the items but still....

amazing game

Its helping me learn how to use an controller again!

kittens

christ lads
been playing this so much my fingers hurt
beat everything with azazel, felt great
not even touched hard mode yet tho
also i hate greed mode

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on December 24, 2015, 01:49:15 AM
woooh, I've just defeated mum's heart for the first time!

and now the 2nd time, playing as judas!

yes