Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:09:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Armando Iannucci - The Museum of Lost Keyboards

Started by Bilko, February 13, 2004, 09:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bilko

Having just got around to listening to this, I think this is as good as thing Iannucci has done on his own. I think it's up there with the Clinton Special he did 5 and half years ago. His best work has come when he has collaborated with other people, when he writes on his own most of the stuff he's done has been shit.

My favourite bit is the Keyboard that is made from Ice and can only be played for two hours before it melts and the player of the keyboard fingers stick to the keys. Genius is in the detail. I hope the Mobiles Phones one is just as good, I haven't listened to this yet.

Is there a higher quality version of the show available anywhere to download.

butnut

Well, there's here on this very site

I don't know what quality you have, but these are about 28MB, so they'll be pretty damn good.

Listen to 'mobile phones off' as well - I think it's better than the museum one.

Bilko

Thats where I got it from, and the Mobiles Phones one as well which I haven't listened to yet. Nevermind.

butnut

Oh - I don't know if those are the high quality ones or not.

But give the mobile phones one a listen asap!

Darrell

They are definitely the high-quality ones now. I pestered bass2rez into doing them!

grindyourmind

Quote from: "Darrell"They are definitely the high-quality ones now. I pestered bass2rez into doing them!

The download of mobile phones off is incomplete - only the first 15 minutes.

Darrell

Quote from: "12 years, 11 months old"The download of mobile phones off is incomplete - only the first 15 minutes.

It should end with a slow fade-out of Iannucci talking on his mobile, for reference. Mine does.

Bilko

Quote from: "Darrell"They are definitely the high-quality ones now. I pestered bass2rez into doing them!

Are they already ready up in the Collaborations sections? or haven't they been posted yet

Darrell

Quote from: "Peter Hammill"Are they already ready up in the Collaborations sections? or haven't they been posted yet

Read the bloody Updates forum.