Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:11:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2014/15

Started by Utter Shit, November 06, 2014, 10:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utter Shit

Why has the thread been closed?

Clichy put in one of the all-time stinking performances last night. There was a point during the first half which included his cock-up for the second goal where he gave the ball away cheaply just about every time it came to him.

Forget the weakness of the performance, I actually thought City kind of disgraced themselves last night - Toure's eventual dismissal shouldn't have been a straight red but he was already on a yellow and seemed to be actively trying to get himself sent off (should have gone for an even more blatant foul five minutes earlier), Nasri's chop in the corner seemed to be a deliberate attempt to get sent off as well, and then at the end they're all haranguing the ref...for what? The ref did them in a favour in not sending Nasri off and had no choice with the two actual reds.

BlodwynPig

What's your prediction for the new season?

I reckon Southampton will do pretty well and Newcastle will initially struggle before salvaging their season in late October.

monkfromhavana

I predict Tranmere are going to be shit.

The great thing about that prediction is that you don't have to write it out every year, just CTRL + V.

DrGreggles

I'll gladly start the season over again.

thraxx

I predict that by early november that Van Gaal's plasticky face will resemble a scrunched up packet of pickled onion monster munch.

Can no-one spread any light on the death of the old thread?  Was it getting too big?  Or too SUBVERSIVE?

Danger Man

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 06, 2014, 10:38:34 AM
What's your prediction for the new season?

I think it will take Tranmere two years to get out of the Conference.

chand

Quote from: thraxx on November 06, 2014, 11:00:46 AMCan no-one spread any light on the death of the old thread?  Was it getting too big?  Or too SUBVERSIVE?

We were getting too close to the Truth mate, I reckon someone leaned on Neil to get it shut down.

thraxx

Quote from: chand on November 06, 2014, 11:20:43 AM
We were getting too close to the Truth mate, I reckon someone leaned on Neil to get it shut down.

It's the government!  The GOVERNMENT SHUT OUR THREAD DOWN.  It's happening!

Obel

I predict that Kane will never start a Premier League match because of reasons known only to Pottechino

BlodwynPig

Quote from: monkfromhavana on November 06, 2014, 10:54:37 AM
I predict Tranmere are going to be shit.

The great thing about that prediction is that you don't have to write it out every year, just CTRL + V.

Off my christmas card list.

jaydee81

The sad thing is that in Championship Manager 93/94, Tranmere always had about 36 million pounds in the bank when you managed them, meaning theoretically you could hoover up the cream of footballing talent. Chris Bart-Williams, Julian Joachim, Kevin Watson...

Its all been managed so terribly since. What ever happened to that 36 million pounds? We need to know...

BlodwynPig

The system that squashed promising underdog clubs like Tranmere, Chesterfield, Doncaster, Barnsley, Bradford. The system said - "they have no place at the top tier" and fucked them.

thraxx

Quote from: jaydee81 on November 06, 2014, 12:48:56 PM
The sad thing is that in Championship Manager 93/94, Tranmere always had about 36 million pounds in the bank when you managed them, meaning theoretically you could hoover up the cream of footballing talent. Chris Bart-Williams, Julian Joachim, Kevin Watson...

Its all been managed so terribly since. What ever happened to that 36 million pounds? We need to know...

You didn't need millions to win dominate that game.  You needed the fabled 3-3-1-3 formation.  With that, essentially, the players became irrelevant.  I had a 30 year hegemony at Colchester City only ever fielding teams full of over-35 goalkeepers.  Clive Crobsy may have been 38, fatter than Big Nev and a goalie, but his 46 goal season will never be forgotten.

billyandthecloneasaurus

Post-bankruptcy auction, Kalamaty the Klown takes to high seas after faking death in astra crash.

monkfromhavana

I still have no idea how footballers with a bit of brains still manage to go bankrupt.

When I got down to my last million I'd shut up shop and just sit in my house wanking and eating McCoys multipacks.

thraxx

Quote from: monkfromhavana on November 06, 2014, 06:04:31 PM
I still have no idea how footballers with a bit of brains still manage to go bankrupt.

When I got down to my last million I'd shut up shop and just sit in my house wanking and eating McCoys multipacks.

James is more leftfield.  He'd be frigging his arse with a double finger and scoffing Brannigan's Ham and Pickle.

Queneau

This thread really needs a chart or graph of some kind.

billyandthecloneasaurus

Rolf Lundgren

Read in the paper today some speculation about David James, namely it was that he recklessly spends a lot of money and it's caught up with him. Even so, he was supposed to be on 50 grand a week. How do you mess that up?

I am quite tempted to put in a bid for his petrol powered chainsaw though.

DrGreggles

Didn't the former Mrs James take him to the cleaners with her divorce settlement?

monkfromhavana

Probably explains why James head coach of the Kerala Blasters.

thraxx

I'm not sure what's going on with Bainsey's hair, but he really needs to go the full Midge Ure Ultravox instead of this half arsed barnet he's sporting.

Deanjam

Jags!

Stick at it lads, don't do an Arsenal!

Roy*Mallard

Nice, so far. Always happy to see a goal from Ossie. Let's see how we can fuck it up in the 2nd half!

Deanjam

Quote from: Roy*Mallard on November 06, 2014, 08:53:48 PM
Let's see how we can fuck it up in the 2nd half!

Ha! I thought that too.

3 up now. Loving it.

Roy*Mallard

Yep, one of the best performances this season. Nice and tidy .... so far. Lovely goal from Naismith.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

billyandthecloneasaurus

Sorry it is the only graph I have.

Deanjam

It's a fine graph, that has given pleasure to many.

thraxx

Quote from: Roy*Mallard on November 06, 2014, 09:33:40 PM
Yep, one of the best performances this season. Nice and tidy .... so far. Lovely goal from Naismith.

We played some lovely football last night.  But for Enyeama it could have been 5 or 6.