Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:25:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2014/15

Started by Utter Shit, November 06, 2014, 10:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

That was nicely unexpected. I'd be a bit concerned about West Brom though, not just the mediocre quality but the lack of real belief and effort they showed. For us, Ayoze Perez so looks a bit lightweight and actually not that quick for a young striker, but he is an instinctive finisher and does actually work his arse off.

What's going on, Spurs?

El Unicornio, mang

Lovely stuff, hopefully we'll trounce QPR next.

finnquark

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 09, 2014, 02:33:37 PM
Come on Blyth!

A fucking disgrace from our lot that, appalling. Worse than losing to fucking Trafford. The media should stop calling Alty giant killers, we haven't beaten a league team in twenty years. Cannot believe how badly we played.

weirdbeard

Does anyone want to qualify for the Champions League this year? That's the one saving grace for all these big teams floundering this year, everyone around them is just as bad. Bar Chelsea, who the bookies might as well pay out on now.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I think the 3rd and 4th spots are likely to be miles behind. Might be worth a shout for Manchester United given Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal are playing like shit, with no sign of abating. I can see the wheels falling off Southampton's challenge, but if they get such a head start, maybe they'll be in and around. Everton are a bit flaky this season. Yeah, not much consistency yet.

rjd2

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 09, 2014, 06:05:34 PM
I think the 3rd and 4th spots are likely to be miles behind. Might be worth a shout for Manchester United given Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal are playing like shit, with no sign of abating. I can see the wheels falling off Southampton's challenge, but if they get such a head start, maybe they'll be in and around. Everton are a bit flaky this season. Yeah, not much consistency yet.

Yeah I think that is spot on. Chelsea are champions already, City will be strong enough for second and you'd expect them to splash the cash like crazy in January if European qualification is in jeopardy, its 2 out of Arsenal, Liverpool and United I think for top 4. united probably the outsiders as they have been piss for most of season despite a lovely fixture list. Sturridge will do wonders for Pool, while Arsene always finds a way to get in the top 4. Don't see Southampton lasting towards the end of the season sadly.

maett

Don't write Southampton off too quickly, got far more depth in the squad than last season when we fell away largely because of injuries to Boruc, Shaw, and Lovren coupled with the upheaval/unease that filtered into the management and first team when Cortese left in January. Write off our top 4 chances if we don't pick up 9 points or more in the next 5 games at home to both Manc clubs and away at Villa, Arsenal and Burnley.
After the results this weekend I'm starting to believe.

Quote from: maett on November 09, 2014, 09:32:04 PM
Don't right Southampton off too quickly, got far more depth in the squad than last season when we fell away largely because of injuries to Boruc, Shaw, and Lovren coupled with the upheaval/unease that filtered into the management and first team when Cortese left in January. Write off our top 4 chances if we don't pick up 9 points or more in the next 5 games at home to both Manc clubs and away at Villa, Arsenal and Burnley.
After the results this weekend I'm starting to believe.

Nice teeth, mind.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Oh did he really say that? ^

Sounds like something Danny Mills would say.

I'm most impressed by Southampton's defence who seem way more secure than they were under Adkins or Pochettino. However you have to look at how easy it may unravel- Sadio Mane and Shane Long upfront? Not convinced. Pelle won't keep scoring because- well- he just won't will he? I have no idea when Rodriguez will be back, but this season will just be about getting back playing. Strong midfield in fairness.

Of course he said it. The man's got logorrhoea.

Tidy bird, mind.

maett

Long typically comes on to finish games we're winning, Not many are expecting him to get into double figures, but he's a great nuisance to have at 1-0 up. The front 3 is usually Mane who after looking a bit of a brainless speedster in his first few games is consistently making smarter decisions, Pelle and Tadic. When Tadic has an off day like yesterday then the attacking prowess of the fullbacks is very evident, both of whom should be England starters. I don't want to jinx it but there's goals in that team. The only worry is if Pelle gets injured, he's the one player we lack decent cover for.

chand

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 09, 2014, 03:25:01 PM
What's going on, Spurs?

According to this post from a Spurs fan, all of their players except Kane are terrible and so's their manager:

QuoteLloris - 3/10
Dreadful communication once again but must be a nightmare for him dealing with dumb and dumber at CB

Rose - 0/10
As bad a full-back performance as you'll ever see. Clueless in defence, useless going forward.

Kaboul - 0/10
Appalling. As has become the norm. A pathetic excuse for a professional footballer. Club captain - are you having a laugh?

Fazio - 0/10
Worse than dogshit. Poch bringing him in is a sackable offence in itself.

Naughton - 1/10
Gets a solid 1 out of 10 for having the decency to get dismissed and save us from him for a little while at least :thumbup: Mason put him in trouble for the red but he didn't have to hack the attacker. Idiotic play, as we have come to expect from the man with the lowest footballing IQ in England.

Capoue - 1/10
Dreadful

Mason - 2/10
Had a poor match by his high standards. His passing was atrocious

Eriksen - 0/10
Utterly anonymous. He doesn't give a shit, especially since the Danish coach called him out for a being lazy prick who can't handle responsibility. Thought it was harsh at the time but...

Chadli - 3/10
World class goal. Van Basten would have been happy with that. Complete disaster in general play. Did he complete a single pass? :uhoh:

Townsend - 1/10
Did nothing. Terrible decision making in the 1st half

Kane- 5/10
Made an effort tbf but he was beat. Why the fuck was he playing midweek if he was starting today? Madness.

---

Adebayor 0/10 Never ever play for us again please.
Lamela - 0/10 Just fuck off with the stepovers in your own half you good looking fuckwit
Dembele - -1/10 His worst showing for us. And that's saying something. Pathetic.

---

Pochettino 0/10
Disgrace of a team selection. Terrible subs. Whatever he's doing, he's somehow making us worse. No redeeming features of his management so far. Hapless.

He's achieved one thing. Serving up the worst Spurs performance I've ever seen. Well done.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Basing a defence around Kaboul does seem to be a comedy project of some sort that they have going. I really don't get how Spurs had all this money but every time they field a side half of them are youth team players or cheapo blokes from the reserves. How does that amount of money get spent for Rose and Naughton to be in defence, for Townsend to still be in the side, and for the lone striker to be a dashing world war one fighter pilot?

Fazios two 'clearances' (straight to a Stoke player in his own box) must be attracting the attention of League Two sides and Sunderland.

George Oscar Bluth II

QuoteHe's achieved one thing. Serving up the worst Spurs performance I've ever seen. Well done.

How long has this person been watching Spurs, exactly?

Hank Venture

Glasgowians, has the mood shifted re: Deila now?

mook

QuoteDavid Moyes: Ex-Man Utd boss named Real Sociedad manager

hopefully it'll help him lose that haunted thousand yard stare he developed during his spell at man. utd.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29976327

Onken

Another Chris Coleman. I wish he went to Seria A so Napoli could've finished him off.

mook

anyone else using sopcast to watch their football streams? i've got the bugger working finally, but the last two games the channel goes offline after 30mins or so. is this a regular thing, or am i just looking in the wrong places for the streams. also is that acestream thing a scam or something? i've been told to steer clear of it but wasn't given a reason why other than "full of malware".

Mobius

Quote from: mook on November 12, 2014, 07:55:15 AM
anyone else using sopcast to watch their football streams? i've got the bugger working finally, but the last two games the channel goes offline after 30mins or so. is this a regular thing, or am i just looking in the wrong places for the streams.

The people broadcasting it must have stopped sharing, or it got taken down by the authorities.

I use this place.

http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?part=sports&discipline=football

Acestream is fine, it just runs like VLC. I dunno if there's malware but I've used it for a year or so without issue. I find the streams run better on there than Sopcast/browser.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Yes, that also does the job for me. As with these things, I imagine wiziwig will disappear and be replaced by something else before long. At the moment it's pretty well run and reliable, and has a bit of a community (lots of dickheads but still a community).

mook

thanks Mobius, and to a very much lesser degree, shoulders.

i'll have another look into that acestream thing.

Onken

I use news-source.tv. You're suppose to pay for it but my mate has a hacked account.

Mobius

Fuck, that looks great. Are those stations up 24/7? I have a hard time finding Snooker streams.

Onken

Yeah up all the time plus they work on your phone and tablet. The big Sky Box Office boxing events and Wrestlemania/Rumble are provided but they don't bother with any of the other WWE PPVs. I use to watch it on the PS3 browser but not sure if it still works anymore. It's the same people who use to run livefootballonline or whatever it use to be called.

Blinder Data

Quote from: Hank Venture on November 10, 2014, 10:22:06 PM
Glasgowians, has the mood shifted re: Deila now?

His exuberant display of emotion at the last game, in which ten-man Celtic beat Aberdeen with a last-minute winner, was enjoyable to see, and his results are improving. There appeared to be some unrest at the beginning of his reign when he began to implement his ideas of fitness to the majority of lazy bastards that fill the squad, but the vibe seems to have changed and things seem to be on track. I trust this current Celtic team to win the treble and ride their luck to a knock-out round or two of the Europa League.

I still have reservations though. He insists on playing with wingers but Celtic's wingers are pretty shit. His team selection and substitutions are sometimes baffling, often leaving decent players on the bench. I suspect it's to do with some players not signing up to his 'system', which is still hard to discern. Or perhaps it's simply naivety. Perhaps with some of his own players in we'll be able to see more of the promised 'beautiful football', but it sometimes comes across like he's not getting the most out of the squad.

Ronny seems like a lovely guy though, and unless he loses the cups and the league (and that match to Newco Rangers) I don't see him going anywhere. Johansen looks like a player too.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Onken on November 12, 2014, 09:04:56 AM

I use news-source.tv. You're suppose to pay for it but my mate has a hacked account.

Any details on how to hack it will be gratefully received...

Onken

I don't know about that sort of thing. He just provides me with a new username and password every couple of months and shares it between a few of us. When I did use to pay a couple of seasons ago it wasn't much more than two quid a 30 day pass.