Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:31:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Best Animated Gifs II

Started by Head Gardener, November 07, 2014, 09:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: hedgehog90 on January 16, 2019, 06:18:18 PM

Special bonus points to anyone who can name the film this is from.

Jingle All the Way?

mothman

The Triplets of Belleville?

Brundle-Fly

Tenth anniversary this year and still one of my favourite GIFs.

hedgehog90

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on January 17, 2019, 08:19:43 PM
Jingle All the Way?

Correct!
marquis_de_sad wins 9 special bonus points. Spend them wisely.

Here's the clip in its original context:

Jingle All The Way clip (the bit with the doll riding a bicycle)

It's an often misinterpreted moment from the Christmas classic we all know and love.
We are shown a doll riding a bicycle, but then Howard (played by Arnold Schwarzenegger) says they are gone.

What does it all mean?

According to acclaimed director, Brian Levant [ Beethoven (1992), The Flintstones (1994), Snow Dogs (2002) ] it's a glimpse into the father's crazed psyche.
Delirious from fatigue and dehydration, Howard momentarily suffers a mental breakdown. We shift to a first-person perspective and see his only want and desire rendered on screen, in a manner that film-critic Mark Cousins described in his epochal review - 'desperate as fuck'.
On the surface this image conveys a simple yearning to gift his son a bicycle, but look closer and you'll notice it is plagued with unusual details that suggest a hidden meaning.
It demands the viewer to ask many questions: What is the significance of the glass screen, why is it shot in black and white, why is a doll riding a static bike and what's up with its legs? But before we can begin to answer any of these questions, we are violently brought back to a third-person perspective.
Confused and verging on an act of homicidal violence, Howard screams his plaintive cry.

If you ask me, I think it's a metaphor for life's struggle.

Head Gardener

Head Gardener

hedgehog90

My Tom and Jerry gif got over 400,000 views on Imgur yesterday, equating to around 10.5TB in downloads.
I should do more gifs.

Head Gardener

Bennett Brauer

hedgehog90

I love timelapses of rotting cum.

BlodwynPig

was wondering about that little pocket of emptiness in New York State

QuoteHamilton County is a county in the U.S. state of New York. As of the 2010 census, the population was 4,836,[1] making it the least populous county in New York. Its county seat is Lake Pleasant.[2] The county is named after Alexander Hamilton,[3] the only member of the New York State delegation who signed the United States Constitution in 1787 and later the first United States Secretary of the Treasury. The county was created in 1816 and organized in 1847.[4]

Hamilton County is one of only two counties that lie entirely within the Adirondack Park (Essex being the other). Because of its situation in the Adirondack Park, any development in the county is restricted by the New York State Constitution, which designates the park as "forever wild." There is no permanent traffic light in the county.

Bennett Brauer

I was trying to discern something around 1906 in San Francisco. Looks like there might be something - not sure.

gmoney

I had wondered why people had settled in Oregon so early, then realised there was a speck of dirt on my monitor.

Cuellar

What's that place quite early on, sort of mid/northernish Louisiana?

Pops up out of the blue in 1797!

edit: might be Natchitoches.

Head Gardener

Brian Freeze

That dog is the absolute spit of my old dog. I'm struggling to believe it isn't her. Brilliant find, thankyou.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Brian Freeze on February 15, 2019, 10:57:42 PM
That dog is the absolute spit of my old dog. I'm struggling to believe it isn't her. Brilliant find, thankyou.

Perhaps you are that wooden contraption

ToneLa

no vid tag?

Well this is dead funny honest hilarious you'll love it a pull back and reveal classic

https://i.imgur.com/FfY35iw.mp4

Head Gardener

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Head Gardener on March 03, 2019, 01:21:26 PM

What a fucking dickhead nobody. Deserves death. Cunt. Abhorrent human piece of trash. Scum

QDRPHNC

I'm not sure what I'm looking at tbh

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on March 03, 2019, 04:29:33 PM

Some cunt who thinks shooting guns for fun is the sign of a fully rounded personality. He could have killed a passing chipmunk, the bastard cunt.

AsparagusTrevor

He looks a bit like 'Ted' from 'Bill & Ted' with a beard.

buzby

Somebody practising competition pistol speed shooting (hence the shot timer in the bloke filming's hand).

Head Gardener

it's Keanu Reeves practicing for his movie John Wick, jeez