Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:13:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XBO, PC)

Started by Onken, November 07, 2014, 10:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onken

First Person trailer, PS3 Vs PS4 comparison.

PlayStation 4, Xbox One
18 November 2014

Microsoft Windows
27 January 2015

• Only available in Xbox One, PS4, and PC versions
  • Available with single button press, letting you switch between third- and first-person
  • Includes first-person cover system
  • Introduces new targeting system
  • Will feature a more traditional FPS control scheme
  • Thousands of new animations
  • First-person mode will be available in both GTA V and GTA Online

Consoles: 1080p, 30fps, online increased from 15 to 30 players. PC will support 4K.

Plus loads of other shit.

madhair60

Getting this in on PC.  Be good I reckon

syntaxerror

What a cynical way to get people to buy the same thing twice.

mobias

Booo! I'll miss the 114 pages of VegaLA's thread. So many fond memories. Don't forget GTA Online has its own dedicated thread too somewhere.

Onken

There's 100 new songs but can only find these three that have been confirmed by CVG.

Spoiler alert
Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way
Pat Benatar - Shadows Of The Night
Bronski Beat - Smalltown Boy
[close]

Here's an interesting list of what got cut from the final product last year but appear in the game files.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/656909-cut-songs-from-gta-vs-soundtrack/

hoverdonkey

The first-person stuff looks flippin ace. Pre-ordered the PS4 download and waiting...

Ah for fucks sake.

I was really going to skip this one, or wait for a Steam sale but the first person tease and the fact that it's released on my 30th birthday means it's going to have to be done.

VegaLA

Is this the title that will convince the CaB majority to jump from Previous Gen to Current Gen? The same game they played the fuck out of this time last year?

Big Jack McBastard

Cracked and modded on the PC perhaps but balls to buying one of the new consoles for it.

What kind of processor(s) is gonna be needed? I reckon my Mommaboard and graphics card are due an upgrade anyway.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on November 07, 2014, 07:45:35 PM
Cracked and modded on the PC perhaps but balls to buying one of the new consoles for it.

What kind of processor(s) is gonna be needed? I reckon my Mommaboard and graphics card are due an upgrade anyway.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/37761/20140916/gta-v-pc-system-requirements.htm

That's a pretty massive jump from GTA IV

lazarou

Keep in mind gta4 was a bit of a shitefest of a port and barely ran on some systems meeting the recommended requirements. I'm not sure how well that engine's going to port over in any circumstance. Going from the requirements, it's going to be another CPU-heavy effort, which is going to lead to tears before bedtime for a lot of PC gamers who tend to spend on graphics cards instead.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: lazarou on November 07, 2014, 08:39:09 PM
Keep in mind gta4 was a bit of a shitefest of a port and barely ran on some systems meeting the recommended requirements.

That issue was fixed with the patch though, to be fair. I can run it on low settings on my laptop and I only have 256mb card and 2ghz dual core cpu.

I wouldn't even think about trying to run GTA V on it though!

GTA4 has never got on with my PC, although in fairness it is now 6 years old with an E8400 Intel Core 2 Duo at 3GHz so...yeah, maybe time for an upgrade.

El Unicornio, mang

Your CPU is fine, might be your graphics card that's not up to scratch

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on November 08, 2014, 12:21:30 AM
Your CPU is fine, might be your graphics card that's not up to scratch

Just upgraded that recently, although only to mid-range at the time - a Radeon HD 7790 with 1GB of RAM. DirectX 11 compatible though, which was the shortcoming of the one that I got originally in 2008. Thinking about it, I don't think I've bothered trying GTA4 since. Might give it a download and see if it's made the difference.

It's actually hard to believe this thing is still kicking given all the PCs I had before this died after about 3 years maximum - not only that, but nothing's ever been simply incapable of being played, as was the case when Crysis came out in 2007. Is it because games are better optimized now, or did we reach a kind of technological singularity about 5 years ago where the actual ability of our components isn't improving as significantly as it did from 1998 to 2004, for example? Think I might just answer my own question with "probably a bit of both".

I updated my OS drive to an SSD, that's the biggest change I've seen in computing in at least a decade.

Onken

Quote from: The Region Legion on November 08, 2014, 12:14:08 AM
GTA4 has never got on with my PC, although in fairness it is now 6 years old with an E8400 Intel Core 2 Duo at 3GHz so...yeah, maybe time for an upgrade.

What happened to your Xbox 360? Didn't you own it for that.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: The Region Legion on November 08, 2014, 12:41:49 AM
Just upgraded that recently, although only to mid-range at the time - a Radeon HD 7790 with 1GB of RAM. DirectX 11 compatible though, which was the shortcoming of the one that I got originally in 2008. Thinking about it, I don't think I've bothered trying GTA4 since. Might give it a download and see if it's made the difference.

Did you install the GTA4 patch (v1.0.4.0)? That made a massive difference for people who found it unplayable previously (including myself). Should run fine with that Graphics card.

Quote from: Onken on November 08, 2014, 12:45:02 AM
What happened to your Xbox 360? Didn't you own it for that.

You seem to have a lot of information about me for a stranger.

I bought the 360 in 2006, on a whim after coming into some cash, having got into console gaming for the first time since the Super Nintendo as a result of a new group of friends I got close with. At the time, GTA4 was not even on the horizon but even if it had been, I'd have probably waited until the PC version as I had done with 3, Vice City and San Andreas before it.

However, my computer died late 2007 and I had moved to university when GTA4 finally came out, and all I had was a Macbook and a 360, so I did the whole queueing up on launch day for the first and only time. Despite all the criticisms I've had about the game since then, playing it on launch day and for the few weeks following was a great experience. It's just not a game I'd want to return to.

If I reinstalled now it would only be to play Ballad Of Gay Tony which I never gave a fair shake (same with Lost & The Damned actually, because even my 360 wouldn't play ball with that one - constantly popping in textures so that my motorcycle would get stuck in the only-just-spawned road texture).

Sold the 360 early this year while it was still worth some money.

BeardFaceMan

Was oohing and aahing whether to get this or the new CoD and decided to go for this. Mainly because I now have an aversion to the word 'verticality' after watching all the teases and previews for CoD. And all the time I'm sat there thinking "Well it's not really that innovative, Titanfall does a very similar thing. And very well to boot." I think the new first person mode convinced me in the end. I usually play the bollocks out of GTA games, get 100% and never play them again but I'm looking forward to replaying the story missions again. I'm hoping a lot of people here do go next gen because it was a lot of fun this time last year on the 360.

Viero_Berlotti

Looks like I'm going to be suckered into this. Going to get pre-order a PS4  GTAV bundle today, looks effing brill. Was planning on skipping this generation and buying a gaming PC, but that seems expensive and there are so many variables to think about it was giving me a headache.

Great times to be alive lads.

mobias

We should probably get another roll call going of those that are getting it for their new gen system. The CAB crew seemed pretty evenly split last time between 360 and PS3 owners. Am I right in thinking more people have a PS4 this time around?

I'll definitely be playing a lot more online with it. 30 players with less performance comprises sounds like a blast.

edit. People who are still sitting on the fence about getting it should listen to this weeks GTA V O'clock https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU1hvbB9F6w&feature=youtu.be   

Artemis

I'll consider this as long as there's adequate controller support for PC. I use an XBox One controller because keyboard and mouse for a laptop is terrible.

El Unicornio, mang

GTA IV on PC was designed for use with an Xbox 360 controller, so I'm guessing GTA V will use Xbox One or 360. You could also use other controllers, like PS3, with a patch.

hoverdonkey

I'm a PS4 man mobias. I think my gamertag is TheHoverdonkey

On a broader note, I 'effin love my PS4 - it is already my favourite console by quite a distance, stretching back to my Megadrive in the early 90s. The 'free' games you get with PSN subscription are usually brilliant and enough to keep me busy, never mind the half-dozen bigger games that I've already really enjoyed.

TIAL

I'm also getting this for PS4, username is adamurlew

I've had no regrets getting mine relatively early and there's been plenty to go at with PS+ and a Boomerang subscription.

VegaLA

Quote from: mobias on November 08, 2014, 01:29:02 PM
Am I right in thinking more people have a PS4 this time around?

Judging by the poor turnout in my last roll-call, http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,43918.0.html I'd say yes!

Onken

I revisited the GTA IV DLC packs on the PS3 last night and chalked off a couple of missing trophies.

One thing I noticed was that the Lost and the Damned has fairly standard objectives but the Ballad of Gay Tony is where Rockstar introduced the 100% mission completion checklists. Some of them are ridiculously hard with accuracy, timer, damage goals on top of something that's almost purely luck if you can pull off.

The online distracted me from doing every single player set task so I'll be discovering how difficult it is.