Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:30:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XBO, PC)

Started by Onken, November 07, 2014, 10:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegaLA

mobias

First bit of leaked gameplay. Shooting someone in first person looks brutal. Car jacking looks ace. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK37f25I8x8

Onken

Nice. First person GTA and Project Morpheus would be insane.

lazarou

Looks like the most brutal part of the whole business is Rockstar's legal department.

mobias

Yes they're pretty active at the moment taking footage down as fast as it goes up.

In other news heists are finally coming in a couple of weeks. http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52349/gta-online-census-the-story-so-far

I've got a horrible feeling they're going to be a bit of an anti-climax for some people after all the build up.

Some impressive statistics in that census. Over 33 million global players.

wooders1978

Asda online are advertising a ps4 with gta5 for 329 - I think the shits about to go down in the wooders crib

Onken

Quote"A New Perspective You played GTA V in first person mode for 15 hours."

Separate trophy list just like I was dreading. Fuck doing everything twice.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3147-Grand-Theft-Auto-V

Onken

That would give you a heart attack.
Spoiler alert
Huey Lewis & The News - Hip To Be Square
[close]
confirmed.

mobias

mobias

These long winter nights are just going to fly by.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: mobias on November 14, 2014, 01:53:55 PM
Lightning now looks incredible.

Literally some flashing lights we're getting worked up over here.

Am I the only one who thinks the first-person looks a bit shit?  I loved GTA V but I'm finding it hard to care much about these minor additions.  Of course I don't have a next-gen console, but this won't be the reason I buy one if that's all we've got to go on.

Let's all just take a deep breath and play a good, long game of Cluedo instead.

mobias

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on November 14, 2014, 08:41:48 PM
Literally some flashing lights we're getting worked up over here.

Am I the only one who thinks the first-person looks a bit shit?  I loved GTA V but I'm finding it hard to care much about these minor additions.  Of course I don't have a next-gen console, but this won't be the reason I buy one if that's all we've got to go on.

Let's all just take a deep breath and play a good, long game of Cluedo instead.

That lightning looks incredible, a big step up from the current version. Very realistic. The lighting engine in the game in general was already incredible. Its apparently had a quite a big make over so I can't wait to see what other effects are in there and all gloriously rendered in 1080p. Even from some of those dodgy low res streams you can tell there's a big step up in quality.

I'm not a huge fan of first person games and from what I've seen so far via these live streams the FP mode in GTAV looks a bit hit and miss. I guess it just adds an extra dynamic to the game play for those that want it. The shooting seems pretty decent from what I've seen but running with a gun in your hand certainly looks slightly odd.

lazarou

It's a game built from the ground up to play third person, the first person is probably going to be a novelty at best. Sort of like Skyrim or Fallout where third person's fun for some twatting around but quickly becomes apparent how much you're fighting against the design. Still, it's a nice touch.

Onken

I watched a stream for good hour of someone playing almost entirely in first person and the gunplay looked great. The animations and camera movement doesn't look like a last minute feature there's a lot of careful consideration making it all work.

Thursday

I watched a bit of a stream as well and seeing random violence against civilians in first person suddenly seemed a bit horrific.

This video gives an idea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6jc1cTl5Ao

QDRPHNC

I didn't care about this in any urgent sense until I saw the first person, now it's downloading on my PS4 at home as we speak and I'll probably be "working from home" tomorrow.

Haven't played the PS3 version - is the whole world open right from the off? I just want to spend ages pootling around and discovering things.

Obel

Yep! Hop in a car and off you go! (After the prologue sequence that is)

QDRPHNC

Onken

I'm gutted Rakuten/Shopto messed up my PSN voucher order and I won't be able to preorder it in time for the bonuses.

Also got a shit tonne of work to do for the next four weeks and will only be able to have short goes.

Onken

Fuck it! The second most expensive game I've ever bought.

I remember Banjo Kazooie costing £60 from the Littlewoods catalog.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Onken on November 17, 2014, 11:59:25 PM

Fuck it! The second most expensive game I've ever bought.

I remember Banjo Kazooie costing £60 from the Littlewoods catalog.

Can I just ask why on earth anyone would download a game at launch value?  The "bonuses" are available with pre-orders of physical copies too for a lower price!  I really don't see the appeal.

Onken

It's essentially like having two copies. In our case two of us in the same household can be logged in with different accounts and play together. We did it with GTA V on PS3. If shopto didn't screw up my order I would have had £50 of prepaid PSN credit for £40 sent to me in time.

hoverdonkey

Mine downloaded overnight and I couldn't help but have a look before I left for work at 5am, which was a mistake, because then I REALLY didn't want to go to work. By the time I get the kids to bed tonight and you know, complete my familial duties by talking to the wife, it'll be 9.30pm before I get to play. Bah.

biggytitbo

Quote from: hoverdonkey on November 18, 2014, 07:17:24 AM
Mine downloaded overnight and I couldn't help but have a look before I left for work at 5am, which was a mistake, because then I REALLY didn't want to go to work. By the time I get the kids to bed tonight and you know, complete my familial duties by talking to the wife, it'll be 9.30pm before I get to play. Bah.

Could you not give her a ball of wool to play with so you can get on with the game?

mobias

Picked up the disc version this morning. Here begins the painfully long instillation process and thats only after the 1.5GB patch has downloaded.

Obel

That side of modern gaming makes me so mad