Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:28:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Facebook thread

Started by Utter Shit, November 07, 2014, 12:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utter Shit

Olarrio

"Wow, isn't it strange how people forget your name once they can't use you anymore ‪#‎botherdnotbotherd‬ lol — feeling sarcastic."

Thomas

Britain First had one of their ugly little flag 'n' chant parades in my very own Derby yesterday.

QuoteTWO YOUNG MALES WERE ARRESTED YESTERDAY FOR THROWING EGGS FROM THE ROOF OF A HIGH BUILDING AT OUR ACTIVISTS IN DERBY

Lovely day for it, to be fair.

Beagle 2

Will the tent have facebook? No? Let's make this happen.

MuteBanana

What about places that don't allow dogs? Or tents?

Puce Moment

What about the campsites that do not allow dogs?

Pit-Pat

Quote from: Beagle 2 on March 12, 2015, 10:06:20 AM

I admire this person's brave declaration that they would do something that will never be tested.

"If my dog needed a liver transplant and the only doctor who had an available liver said he would only give it to my dog once I'd had sex with my own mother in front of him... I would have sex with my mother.

IF YOU WOULD HAVE SEX WITH YOUR MOTHER FOR YOUR DOG... SHARE THIS!

[I would also have sex with my dog to save my mother]"

It's a stupid thing but the logic isn't as stupid as you're making out, owning a dog is a very common reason why homeless people can't access hostels or housing and end up in tents.

stunted

It's worded in an odd way though. Seems to be boasting about how much they love their dog rather than voicing any concern for homeless people.

chand

Quote from: The Always Red Society on March 12, 2015, 11:09:08 AM
It's a stupid thing but the logic isn't as stupid as you're making out, owning a dog is a very common reason why homeless people can't access hostels or housing and end up in tents.

Aye, there's someone in my town who's rented for years in a place that allowed her to have a bunch of dogs. When the owner decided to sell up she had an absolute nightmare trying to find another landlord who allowed dogs. 'No pets' is a pretty standard boilerplate clause for letting agencies. So if you do have pets and end up having to find somewhere to rent it's a real problem.

Bit baffling that anyone would make a Facebook picture bragging about how they'd do it though.

Jerzy Bondov

Just have it destroyed for god's sake. Honestly people in this country have no appetite for making tough decisions for their own benefit

Beagle 2

The guy that posted this owns his own flat. He just really likes his fat white weapon dog.

Mister Six

Quote from: Beagle 2 on March 12, 2015, 10:06:20 AM

I misread that as "I WOULD LIVE IN A TENT FOR YOU, DOG", which amused me with its passive-aggressive desperation.

Pit-Pat

Quote from: Mister Six on March 12, 2015, 01:39:04 PM
I misread that as "I WOULD LIVE IN A TENT FOR YOU, DOG", which amused me with its passive-aggressive desperation.

I find that phrase funniest imagined blurted by an upset street tough at a fellow gang member who's upset him somehow

Onken

Consignia

Quote from: Onken on March 13, 2015, 10:39:51 AM
(Clarky-cat image)

That's simply not true. Change petitions have reached millions, and this one is still under the million mark.

chand

I think it was the 'fastest-growing' petition ever or something, which is a kind of arbitrary statistic for something that's only been going a couple of days.

I don't actually understand what point Icke is trying to make there anyway. Half a million people signing a kneejerk Clarkson petition doesnt, to me, on the surface of it, have anything to do with a secretive cabal of owl-worshipping Jewish space lizards controlling the world through the Rothschilds with the aim of formulating a One World Government. But I guess that's why Icke earns the big bucks.

Beagle 2

If there's one thing we've learned, it's that David Icke is fucking shit at memes.

Consignia

Ah.... I missed the Icke angle.

Treguard of Dunshelm

A couple of my friends seem to be spamming "spiritual"/self-help image links on an hourly basis, and it's really starting to annoy me. Every fucking time I look at my news feed it's full of shit like this:

Fortunately I'm starting to get a few laughs out of it now, one of the worst offenders just posted this:

What a fookin disgrace.

Mister Six

BlodwynPig

Thursday

It's Mothers day, so people are posting pictures of themselves with their Mum's and saying how great their mum is on social media.

People are really weird sometimes.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I have ignored all of them and done nothing whatsoever to acknowledge my mother.

Like a normal person.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Mister Six on March 15, 2015, 10:34:58 AM
That's quite good, though.

I'm reminded of all the times someone has said "I'm me, take it or leave it... if I changed I wouldn't be me," usually to justify some cunty behaviour.  People learn from their mistakes.  If we didn't do that we'd still be living in caves.

Mister Six

Yeah, but it's not saying "Don't change at all", it's saying "Don't pretend to be someone you're not just to get friends, because you'll make much more valuable, meaningful friendships by being yourself", which is a pretty laudable message, especially when told to kids and teens (none of whom use Facebook, admittedly).

ndrwkrtn

That is unless you're being held back by character traits that prevent you from forming healthier friendships/relationships. e.g. a narcissist would do well to not just fall back on the 'stay true to yourself' line. Of course, the advice is generic and should come with a 'in general, maybe, unless it's something you need to work on' clause preceding it. But that wouldn't give the reassurance that the people who share that kind of thing are seeking.

Big Jack McBastard

I was gonna say what if you're a miserable curmudgeonly fuck who hates people? You're either not getting any friends by being yourself or getting ones you don't want by acting otherwise.

ndrwkrtn

There's an underlying insecurity and fear in these things. Often explicitly represented in the self-assured, outward directed anger of their content (if you can't handle me at my worst etc) but also in what the act of sharing them expresses. You refuse the egalitarian platform of discussion and choose instead to carve some assertion - on which we can all agree right - into the fixed cavas of a jpeg. You make it a manifesto, a statement of intent. Draw your ingroup/outgroup boundaries. Share and be included, safety in numbers. The swirling reptilian undercurrents of human brutality. The bones of babies that jut from Cambodian soil.

share if u agree lol