Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:11:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Facebook thread

Started by Utter Shit, November 07, 2014, 12:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobias

My brother is an airline pilot and I posted a link on his Facebook page to this Florida news article about a bored pilot who decided to fly in such a way as to draw a huge cock on Florida's air traffic control flight radar http://mashable.com/2015/03/13/flight-radar-penis/utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link

A friend of my brother's who is a pilot for the British Antarctic Survey then saw the post and thought he'd go one better and draw a huge snow cock by taxiing his plane about in the snow.

From his post " The Ronne Ice Shelf, Antarctica. The biggest blank canvas on the planet. Took me 20 minutes of taxying around using the GPS (& I may have overshot the "tip" slightly) but the end result  is over 2km long."

kittens

you may have inadvertently inspired the biggest cock ever

that's something for the cv

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Thursday on March 15, 2015, 02:14:48 PM
It's Mothers day, so people are posting pictures of themselves with their Mum's and saying how great their mum is on social media.

People are really weird sometimes.

Meh, I don't think it's weirder than most other stuff people post on social media. Plus my Mum was chuffed that I did it so I don't care!

Thursday

My mum isn't on facebook, so it'd be very weird if I did it, but it just struck me as one of those things where people are making Mothers day about them.

I was very tempted to write "PHWOOOAR" underneath people's pictures though.

BlodwynPig

Why does everything have to be shared... No mystery, no surprise, no adventure, no horror anymore

Thursday

Puce Moment

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 15, 2015, 11:08:08 PMWhy does everything have to be shared... No mystery, no surprise, no adventure, no horror anymore

u ok hun?

phantom_power

Quote from: Thursday on March 15, 2015, 10:59:00 PM
My mum isn't on facebook, so it'd be very weird if I did it, but it just struck me as one of those things where people are making Mothers day about them.

Even more so when people are posting to their mums who are dead

chand

I posted a picture of myself with my mum's dog, because dogs get better social media numbers than mums. 19 likes on Instagram mates.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 15, 2015, 11:08:08 PM
Why does everything have to be shared... No mystery, no surprise, no adventure, no horror anymore

Oh there's more mystery and detail out there than I ever wish to know.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: phantom_power on March 16, 2015, 09:46:43 AM
Even more so when people are posting to their mums who are dead

That's just something people do on facebook though isn't it? Post on dead friend's walls to say they're missing them or whatever. It is a bit weird when you think about it logically, but then so is visiting graves and talking to a headstone.

kngen

I paid tribute to my Mum on Facebook yesterday by continuing to ignore her friend request. Seriously, the less she knows about what actually goes on in my mind the better.

MuteBanana

Blocking family and former friends is the only reason I feel comfortable having a Facebook account. I've also blocked a couple of neighbours because I don't like the look of them.

phantom_power

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on March 16, 2015, 04:24:32 PM
That's just something people do on facebook though isn't it? Post on dead friend's walls to say they're missing them or whatever. It is a bit weird when you think about it logically, but then so is visiting graves and talking to a headstone.

I can sort of understand posting on their walls but just a status update saying "Happy Mothers Day. Miss you" seems a bit demonstrative. You don't invite all your friends to your mum's grave when you visit. As least I don't

Lost Oliver

I do. Now I understand why they stopped coming.

Blinder Data

I went to school with this massive bloke from Nigeria called Maurice. I never really spoke to him but he seemed like a nice enough guy.

Turns out his Facebook is a fucking goldmine. Because it's all written in his Manchester-by-way-of-Lagos patois it's often very funny. I'm not so sure how serious it is, but he's very good at offering bizarre observations and complaints. From what I've gathered he has a daughter, he works in a phone shop, and he watches a lot of twerking videos.

Quote from: Mauricewas about to watch a twerk video and fone force close the video. Think Jesus tryna tell me no twerk while at work

I smell a money-spinning tumblr.

Blinder Data

Maurice on KFC:

QuoteExcuse my language bt nah bro fuq u kfc man how u go do dis to me. Dat old ass batch of chicken yall gave me sending my belly west. Been loyal to talk from day. Dis how u treat me. D betrayal man.dus bad belly got my toes curling n cold sweating fuq use man

Maurice on a smelly customer:

QuoteManager felt some type of way cz I walked out from serving a customer and went in the back. Nahh bruv if your bodily odour is affecting my eyesight dats a wrap. Wat lagoon u crawl out from 2 be smelling like dat. I am done

Maurice on cooking for his daughter:

QuoteI am busting my ass cooking and my lil gurl falls asleep. Nah she best wake her ass up n eat this beans on toast

Small Man Big Horse

Ever wish you could look at all of your facebook status updates ever made without the pesky need of being near a computer? Well now thanks to https://www.mysocialbook.com/ you can, as they'll turn everything you've ever posted in to a lovely book. Indeed I can't think of a nicer present to give people, especially my friend Wendy who's entire feed seems to be along the lines of "Hate life it's shit" and then lots of people asking "You okay hun" before she responds "Can't talk about it on here".

Stoneage Dinosaurs

HA HA POTENTIAL IRREVERSIBLE HEARING DAMAGE

Kane Jones

^ That's fucking stupid.  I always wear earplugs to gigs after years of playing drums and gigging without wearing them. I'm actually pretty afraid of going deaf, surprisingly enough.  Mainly because I'd like to continue listening to music for the rest of my life. 

Can you write in bold on Facebook? I'm asking for a friend.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I'm friends with quite a few metalhead types on fb. Although, in fairness, the guy who posted it was doing it to point out what a load of irresponsible old cock it was.

olliebean

The last few concerts I went to without earplugs weren't worth the ticket price, never mind the hearing damage. I pay good money to hear the tunes, not just to stand in front of a homogenous wall of sound for two hours.

slicesofjim

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on May 09, 2015, 02:37:19 PM

HA HA POTENTIAL IRREVERSIBLE HEARING DAMAGE

Quite. It's also, HA HA AREN'T WOMEN SHIT, YOU DON'T WANT TO BE LIKE THEM.
It's double shitbasketry.

Pit-Pat

My girlfriend saw a car with the phrase: "Too loud? Too bad" on the bumper.

Grounds for instant keying at the very least. Ideally you'd cut the brakes.

Bizarro Mark Bosnich

The creator of that poster has clearly never been to a Swans concert. They'd end up sticking one in every orifice.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Bizarro Mark Bosnich on May 10, 2015, 03:34:31 AM
The creator of that poster has clearly never been to a Swans concert. They'd end up sticking one in every orifice.

Coincidentally, I bought my first pair of earplugs for a Swans concert, having survived two Sunn O))) shows and years of other "extreme" gigs (including performing myself) without.  I'm pretty sure I have tinnitus and definitely don't hear as well as the average person my age, but there's something in not caring about that sort of thing that speaks to the rebellious little punk kid in me.  A bit like shagging without a condom on - it's risky, but it feels like such a worthwhile risk at the time.

Kelvin

Kelvin

You ever get that feeling you've forgotten something important?

Artemis

A fundamentalist friend shared this the other day.