Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:31:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Facebook thread

Started by Utter Shit, November 07, 2014, 12:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadagoose

You know what's galling about Facebook? Every time some wee arsehole commits a crime, usually something violent, abusive or neglectful, there'll always be some little sycophant comes and says "use dont fukin no wat yous r talkin aboot!! y dont use get a life n fukin bolt xx hes a gid pal o mine n he didnae even dae anyhin bad so fuk off eh xx" It just reminds me how much people will stand up for people they know regardless of what they've done to other people. Ugh, Facebook. More like, ugh, other people. Still not cancelling my account though.

Paul Calf

I keep getting things like this from one particular Facebook friend:

QuoteAs of Saturday morning Facebook will become chargeable. If you have at least 10 contacts send them this message.In this way we will see that you are an avid user and your logo will turn blue and will remain free. As discussed in the paper today. Facebook will cost 0.01ps per message. Send this message to 10 people. When you do the light will turn blue otherwise Facebook will activate billing.

Forwarded as received.

I'm considering dropping him.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paul Calf on January 30, 2018, 03:41:43 PM
I keep getting things like this from one particular Facebook friend:

I'm considering dropping him.

0.01 pesetas?

Paul Calf

Good point. He is from Yorkshire though, so it's probably 'the principle of it'.

newbridge

Dr Rock

Everyone copy and pasting the post that says 'Facebook are going to change their algorithm so you only see posts from your top 26 friends, post this and get people to comment and then something something'

All bollocks according to Snopes.

Dr Syntax Head

That ISIS Cube thing is making my stomach hurt. I really needed a laugh too

falafel

Some cancers are curable already, sort of.

I think whoever wrote that doesn't know what cancer is.

Dannyhood91

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: Dannyhood91 on March 15, 2018, 08:09:21 PM
Please tell me that's real ❤️

It still kills me. So funny.

Syrrria's Most Wanted.

Golden E. Pump

Something tells me it's dead Syrias.

asids

To be fair I would be laughing my head off just days after my child disappeared too.

marquis_de_sad

Corpse Scent, the new fragrance by Dior.

machotrouts

Quote from: asids on April 08, 2018, 05:21:33 PM

No wonder she had "no comment", that's Tara Palmer-Tomkinson

BlodwynPig

Looks like a Scottish prostitute on a cover of a early 90s indie band CD

Bazooka

Quote from: machotrouts on April 08, 2018, 06:50:12 PM
No wonder she had "no comment", that's Tara Palmer-Tomkinson

Hahha, RIP TPT

Dr Rock

In her defence, all policeman are fucking tossers.

Dannyhood91

Fambo Number Mive

Clicking on the what's trending on Facebook and reading the arguments. Some people like to put "You're welcome" when they pose a counter-argument to someone else, as if they have done them a favour by "correcting them"

canadagoose

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 19, 2018, 11:20:33 AM
Clicking on the what's trending on Facebook and reading the arguments. Some people like to put "You're welcome" when they pose a counter-argument to someone else, as if they have done them a favour by "correcting them"
It's so bloody smug and irritating. I wish they wouldn't.

Fambo Number Mive

A page called memenews actually exists. https://www.facebook.com/memenews.me

So inappropriate for many of the stories.

saltysnacks

After utilising the unfollow feature, my wall is filled with interesting and amusing posts from my interesting and amusing friends and family members. One of the people I unfollowed was my own Grandmother, but it is worth not having to see another post about 'Are brave lads'.

Icehaven

Quote from: saltysnacks on April 28, 2018, 11:50:41 PM
After utilising the unfollow feature, my wall is filled with interesting and amusing posts from my interesting and amusing friends and family members. One of the people I unfollowed was my own Grandmother, but it is worth not having to see another post about 'Are brave lads'.

My cousin's wife constantly, constantly posts inspirational/don't-let-the-bastards-grind-you-down/guardian angel memes (if ever anyone would benefit from an industrial strength grinding down, it's her) so I unfollowed her and helped my Mum do the same. Except my Mum is sure she (my cousin's wife) will somehow have been notified of this and find out and be deeply offended (and she's exactly the kind of person who would be). While obviously a healthy scepticism about facebook's privacy and info sharing is wise, if it stops you using helpful functions that would improve your use of it as a whole then that's a bit too far the other way.

Blue Jam

Just got muted for a week by another doggo group over the whole ear-cropping thing. This time the admins asked "How can we improve the page?" and everyone who posted "No doggos with cropped ears" got people tagging every dog-ear-cropping cunt they knew to get them to dogpile (no pun intended) onto the dissenters until the mods muted them all. Why can't I just see some pictures of cute doggos (with intact ears)? Again, why all the power-tripping?

Thanks for the recommendations for Facebook's Disapproving Corgis and Spaniel Tails, and Reddit's r/rarepuppers btw. I know people often hate rules but they're necessary and these places are much nicer when they're enforced.

I thought Reddit was supposed to be the dark underbelly of the internet, not Facebook. Here, have another:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sploot/

zomgmouse

What does it mean to crop ears? Literally to crop them out of the photo?

phantom_power

Why have people suddenly started calling dogs "doggo" or "boi"?

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: phantom_power on July 04, 2018, 10:37:33 AM
Why have people suddenly started calling dogs "doggo" or "boi"?

Brexit

Pseudopath

Quote from: zomgmouse on July 04, 2018, 08:39:53 AM
What does it mean to crop ears? Literally to crop them out of the photo?

It's when owners cut the floppy bits off puppies' ears then bind them upright as they grow so they end up looking like permanently-surprised twats:

zomgmouse

Oh gosh that sounds hideous and cruel. Bloody hell. No good.

PaulTMA

One of the more pressing ones:  how to get cope of this kind of twee shite on music fan groups: