Author Topic: Facebook thread  (Read 165845 times)

Clownbaby

• I get it crackin like a bad back
Re: Facebook thread
« Reply #2130 on: November 06, 2018, 02:57:22 PM »
You said they have no business running groups
I guess I didn't word it that well. There are people who lack the impartialness to run a group and this woman is one of those, as the group is a mess of her arguing with people and deleting their posts so she can post more rants. By all means she can, but running a Facebook page is clearly stressing her out. I wasn't trying to make some point, I just thought I'd mention a Facebook oddity, in the Facebook thread.

« Reply #2131 on: November 06, 2018, 06:28:55 PM »
Clownbaby, there was nothing wrong with what you said. Blodwyn is just a miserable bastard who apparently doesn't understand English.

BlodwynPig

• Throwing two dogs at a goblin
« Reply #2132 on: November 06, 2018, 06:34:44 PM »
Clownbaby, there was nothing wrong with what you said. Blodwyn is just a miserable bastard who apparently doesn't understand English.

Excuse me? Projectioning prick. My point was valid, her follow-up clarified. Case closed. But here comes white knight to shit on the pig again.

« Reply #2133 on: November 06, 2018, 06:46:30 PM »
Clownbaby was being polite. Saying someone has no business doing something is a common turn of phrase which you needlessly took exception to.

Utter Shit

• Snotty Bumstead
« Reply #2134 on: November 06, 2018, 06:48:03 PM »
Can we have a link to this group please. I have a horrible fascination with this sort of thing.

« Reply #2135 on: November 06, 2018, 06:48:25 PM »
Let's all just fuck each other lads

BlodwynPig

« Reply #2136 on: November 06, 2018, 06:50:37 PM »
Clownbaby was being polite. Saying someone has no business doing something is a common turn of phrase which you needlessly took exception to.

I wasnt being rude. Perhaps thats just the BP voice in your head.

« Reply #2137 on: November 06, 2018, 06:50:55 PM »
Let's all just fuck each other lads

For the last time NO!

BlodwynPig

« Reply #2138 on: November 06, 2018, 06:51:57 PM »
For the last time NO!

I’ll wear my human mask...

« Reply #2139 on: November 06, 2018, 07:04:25 PM »
I’ll wear my human mask...

That is utterly disturbing. Count me in.

canadagoose

• Sometimes you have to learn to forget about it
« Reply #2140 on: November 16, 2018, 09:17:18 PM »
Saw an ad on Facebook today for "guaranteed non-halal beef" or some stupid shit. Absolute shit for cunts. Comments were full of idiots going "ooh lovely no halal sounds gd xxx" and being general pricks. Tried to hide the ad but it kept saying "couldn't hide this post". If I didn't know any better I'd say FB was deliberately trying to annoy me.

edit: typo
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 09:45:08 PM by canadagoose »

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Baldness exposure gust
    • http://jackanderton.jamendo.net/
« Reply #2141 on: November 16, 2018, 09:25:56 PM »
The animal welfare concern by Islamophobes is definitely among the most disingenuous.

It might be a legitimate concern were it not for the pure zero fucks given as they all tuck into their battery hen omelettes and weekend takeaways from fuck-knows where.

canadagoose

• Sometimes you have to learn to forget about it
« Reply #2142 on: November 16, 2018, 09:51:22 PM »
The animal welfare concern by Islamophobes is definitely among the most disingenuous.

It might be a legitimate concern were it not for the pure zero fucks given as they all tuck into their battery hen omelettes and weekend takeaways from fuck-knows where.
You're not wrong. I have huge doubts about someone's concern for animal welfare when their avatar says "I feel like a stranger in my own country" and they have far-right shit shared all over their page.

boki

• Defecranium
« Reply #2143 on: November 20, 2018, 12:34:52 PM »
RESPECT ARE AMMINULS

{flings pigs head at mosque}

Crabwalk

• I behaved like a skinhead.
« Reply #2144 on: November 20, 2018, 12:52:02 PM »
My neighbour, who is a very nice person that I get on with well, posted a picture of her 8 year old daughter asleep in bed last night, accompanied with an 'aw, isn't she beautiful' type comment.

Why do so many parents feel compelled to do things like this? I'm pretty angry on her daughter's behalf, but there's no way to raise this issue with her mum without coming over as a creepy nutter is there?

QDRPHNC

• Golden Member
  • "A soupçon of pizzazz."
« Reply #2145 on: November 20, 2018, 03:09:08 PM »
Sounds pretty benign TBF. People think their kids are cute and want other people to think they're cute too.

Crabwalk

« Reply #2146 on: November 20, 2018, 03:22:33 PM »
You might think your wife is cute but try posting a photo of them asleep on Facebook and seeing how well that goes down.

Space ghost

• The manay, joost the manay
« Reply #2147 on: November 20, 2018, 04:05:49 PM »
Pretty much without comment I'd imagine.

Crabwalk

« Reply #2148 on: November 20, 2018, 04:07:34 PM »
While they’re asleep, you’re entirely correct.

Queneau

• That was a joke. That's all it was, it was a joke.
« Reply #2149 on: November 20, 2018, 08:43:21 PM »
RESPECT ARE AMMINULS

{flings pigs head at mosque}

Someone I work with reposted a thing where a woman had gone around a supermarket and left notes and stuff on meats. She had also rearranged candles to say "GO VEGAN" and put some children's Pepper Pig pyjamas near some meat - that kind of stuff.  Anyway, he was taking the piss and talking about how it is pointless etc. But his main point seemed to be that he hates children being "forced" into a certain lifestyle (via vegan parents) and not being able to choose for themselves. He couldn't quite grasp the idea of his child already experiencing that through the normalisation of being given milk at school and serving them chicken nuggets etc. He then became defensive and deleted the post. Natural yoghurt? Is it fuck! I find this disconnect really weird. Defend your right to eat meat and animal products by all means but don't for a moment think that bringing a child up on a vegan diet is any different to bringing up a child on a meaty diet because that's what you do. It makes no fucking sense.

Queneau

« Reply #2150 on: November 20, 2018, 08:43:55 PM »
Clearly that was just an excuse to rant about something that isn't even directly related.

QDRPHNC

• Golden Member
« Reply #2151 on: November 20, 2018, 08:45:58 PM »
Someone I work with reposted a thing where a woman had gone around a supermarket and left notes and stuff on meats. She had also rearranged candles to say "GO VEGAN" and put some children's Pepper Pig pyjamas near some meat - that kind of stuff.  Anyway, he was taking the piss and talking about how it is pointless etc. But his main point seemed to be that he hates children being "forced" into a certain lifestyle (via vegan parents) and not being able to choose for themselves. He couldn't quite grasp the idea of his child already experiencing that through the normalisation of being given milk at school and serving them chicken nuggets etc. He then became defensive and deleted the post. Natural yoghurt? Is it fuck! I find this disconnect really weird. Defend your right to eat meat and animal products by all means but don't for a moment think that bringing a child up on a vegan diet is any different to bringing up a child on a meaty diet because that's what you do. It makes no fucking sense.

Humans are omnivores though, so you could make the argument that a diet which includes meat is the default, whereas being vegan is a choice.

Queneau

« Reply #2152 on: November 20, 2018, 08:57:33 PM »

Humans are omnivores though, so you could make the argument that a diet which includes meat is the default, whereas being vegan is a choice.

I am suggesting that the way you raise your child is going to, almost instinctively, be led by the caregivers and how they eat. I'm also suggesting that there are plenty of vegans these days and if eating meat is the "default" then that kind of supports the fact that there is less chance or opportunity a child will be given choices that don't involve meat.

QDRPHNC

• Golden Member
« Reply #2153 on: November 20, 2018, 09:13:38 PM »
Yes, I would agree with that.

Queneau

« Reply #2154 on: November 20, 2018, 09:21:16 PM »
There we go. Two adults able to talk about something without either one getting angry or smashing shit up. That's the most concerning thing for me these days. People talk but they don't necessarily listen. Hate to bring it round to Brexit but when I'm talking about it (I try to avoid it these days), I am genuinely interested in why a person voted the way they did and what they thought that would mean and whether things are going as they expected/predicted.

FerriswheelBueller

• Golden Todger or
  • Silver Member
  • Very tired. Sorry if my recent posts are shit.
    • I am antsy for baseball in the off-season.
« Reply #2155 on: November 21, 2018, 12:10:14 AM »
There we go. Two adults able to talk about something without either one getting angry or smashing shit up. That's the most concerning thing for me these days. People talk but they don't necessarily listen. Hate to bring it round to Brexit but when I'm talking about it (I try to avoid it these days), I am genuinely interested in why a person voted the way they did and what they thought that would mean and whether things are going as they expected/predicted.

I disagree, and I’m bloody fuming about it.

« Reply #2156 on: November 21, 2018, 12:11:49 AM »

fuck off cunt

FerriswheelBueller

• Golden Todger or
  • Silver Member
  • Very tired. Sorry if my recent posts are shit.
    • I am antsy for baseball in the off-season.
« Reply #2157 on: November 21, 2018, 12:13:27 AM »

« Reply #2158 on: November 21, 2018, 12:37:15 AM »

Queneau

« Reply #2159 on: November 21, 2018, 12:12:23 PM »