Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:58:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Facebook thread

Started by Utter Shit, November 07, 2014, 12:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clownbaby

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 06, 2018, 02:47:32 PM
You said they have no business running groups
I guess I didn't word it that well. There are people who lack the impartialness to run a group and this woman is one of those, as the group is a mess of her arguing with people and deleting their posts so she can post more rants. By all means she can, but running a Facebook page is clearly stressing her out. I wasn't trying to make some point, I just thought I'd mention a Facebook oddity, in the Facebook thread.

marquis_de_sad

Clownbaby, there was nothing wrong with what you said. Blodwyn is just a miserable bastard who apparently doesn't understand English.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on November 06, 2018, 06:28:55 PM
Clownbaby, there was nothing wrong with what you said. Blodwyn is just a miserable bastard who apparently doesn't understand English.

Excuse me? Projectioning prick. My point was valid, her follow-up clarified. Case closed. But here comes white knight to shit on the pig again.

marquis_de_sad

Clownbaby was being polite. Saying someone has no business doing something is a common turn of phrase which you needlessly took exception to.

Utter Shit

Can we have a link to this group please. I have a horrible fascination with this sort of thing.

Bronzy

Let's all just fuck each other lads

BlodwynPig

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on November 06, 2018, 06:46:30 PM
Clownbaby was being polite. Saying someone has no business doing something is a common turn of phrase which you needlessly took exception to.

I wasnt being rude. Perhaps thats just the BP voice in your head.

marquis_de_sad

BlodwynPig

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 06, 2018, 06:51:57 PM
I'll wear my human mask...

That is utterly disturbing. Count me in.

canadagoose

Saw an ad on Facebook today for "guaranteed non-halal beef" or some stupid shit. Absolute shit for cunts. Comments were full of idiots going "ooh lovely no halal sounds gd xxx" and being general pricks. Tried to hide the ad but it kept saying "couldn't hide this post". If I didn't know any better I'd say FB was deliberately trying to annoy me.

edit: typo

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The animal welfare concern by Islamophobes is definitely among the most disingenuous.

It might be a legitimate concern were it not for the pure zero fucks given as they all tuck into their battery hen omelettes and weekend takeaways from fuck-knows where.

canadagoose

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 16, 2018, 09:25:56 PM
The animal welfare concern by Islamophobes is definitely among the most disingenuous.

It might be a legitimate concern were it not for the pure zero fucks given as they all tuck into their battery hen omelettes and weekend takeaways from fuck-knows where.
You're not wrong. I have huge doubts about someone's concern for animal welfare when their avatar says "I feel like a stranger in my own country" and they have far-right shit shared all over their page.

boki

RESPECT ARE AMMINULS

{flings pigs head at mosque}

Crabwalk

My neighbour, who is a very nice person that I get on with well, posted a picture of her 8 year old daughter asleep in bed last night, accompanied with an 'aw, isn't she beautiful' type comment.

Why do so many parents feel compelled to do things like this? I'm pretty angry on her daughter's behalf, but there's no way to raise this issue with her mum without coming over as a creepy nutter is there?

QDRPHNC

Sounds pretty benign TBF. People think their kids are cute and want other people to think they're cute too.

Crabwalk

You might think your wife is cute but try posting a photo of them asleep on Facebook and seeing how well that goes down.

Space ghost

Pretty much without comment I'd imagine.

Crabwalk

While they're asleep, you're entirely correct.

Queneau

Quote from: boki on November 20, 2018, 12:34:52 PM
RESPECT ARE AMMINULS

{flings pigs head at mosque}

Someone I work with reposted a thing where a woman had gone around a supermarket and left notes and stuff on meats. She had also rearranged candles to say "GO VEGAN" and put some children's Pepper Pig pyjamas near some meat - that kind of stuff.  Anyway, he was taking the piss and talking about how it is pointless etc. But his main point seemed to be that he hates children being "forced" into a certain lifestyle (via vegan parents) and not being able to choose for themselves. He couldn't quite grasp the idea of his child already experiencing that through the normalisation of being given milk at school and serving them chicken nuggets etc. He then became defensive and deleted the post. Natural yoghurt? Is it fuck! I find this disconnect really weird. Defend your right to eat meat and animal products by all means but don't for a moment think that bringing a child up on a vegan diet is any different to bringing up a child on a meaty diet because that's what you do. It makes no fucking sense.

Queneau

Clearly that was just an excuse to rant about something that isn't even directly related.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Queneau on November 20, 2018, 08:43:21 PM
Someone I work with reposted a thing where a woman had gone around a supermarket and left notes and stuff on meats. She had also rearranged candles to say "GO VEGAN" and put some children's Pepper Pig pyjamas near some meat - that kind of stuff.  Anyway, he was taking the piss and talking about how it is pointless etc. But his main point seemed to be that he hates children being "forced" into a certain lifestyle (via vegan parents) and not being able to choose for themselves. He couldn't quite grasp the idea of his child already experiencing that through the normalisation of being given milk at school and serving them chicken nuggets etc. He then became defensive and deleted the post. Natural yoghurt? Is it fuck! I find this disconnect really weird. Defend your right to eat meat and animal products by all means but don't for a moment think that bringing a child up on a vegan diet is any different to bringing up a child on a meaty diet because that's what you do. It makes no fucking sense.

Humans are omnivores though, so you could make the argument that a diet which includes meat is the default, whereas being vegan is a choice.

Queneau

Quote from: QDRPHNC on November 20, 2018, 08:45:58 PM

Humans are omnivores though, so you could make the argument that a diet which includes meat is the default, whereas being vegan is a choice.

I am suggesting that the way you raise your child is going to, almost instinctively, be led by the caregivers and how they eat. I'm also suggesting that there are plenty of vegans these days and if eating meat is the "default" then that kind of supports the fact that there is less chance or opportunity a child will be given choices that don't involve meat.

QDRPHNC

Yes, I would agree with that.

Queneau

There we go. Two adults able to talk about something without either one getting angry or smashing shit up. That's the most concerning thing for me these days. People talk but they don't necessarily listen. Hate to bring it round to Brexit but when I'm talking about it (I try to avoid it these days), I am genuinely interested in why a person voted the way they did and what they thought that would mean and whether things are going as they expected/predicted.

Ferris

Quote from: Queneau on November 20, 2018, 09:21:16 PM
There we go. Two adults able to talk about something without either one getting angry or smashing shit up. That's the most concerning thing for me these days. People talk but they don't necessarily listen. Hate to bring it round to Brexit but when I'm talking about it (I try to avoid it these days), I am genuinely interested in why a person voted the way they did and what they thought that would mean and whether things are going as they expected/predicted.

I disagree, and I'm bloody fuming about it.

Bronzy

Quote from: Queneau on November 20, 2018, 09:21:16 PM

fuck off cunt

Ferris

Bronzy

Queneau