Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:59:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Facebook thread

Started by Utter Shit, November 07, 2014, 12:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 16, 2018, 09:25:56 PM
The animal welfare concern by Islamophobes is definitely among the most disingenuous.

It might be a legitimate concern were it not for the pure zero fucks given as they all tuck into their battery hen omelettes and weekend takeaways from fuck-knows where.

See also pointedly talking about eating bacon and other porky products and going on about how delicious they are and how 'they don't know what they're missing' etc. (and that's the milder examples). Not so concerned about our trottered brethren's welfare are they, given there's no Halal version to loudly object to.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: icehaven on November 22, 2018, 03:51:15 PM
See also pointedly talking about eating bacon and other porky products and going on about how delicious they are and how 'they don't know what they're missing' etc. (and that's the milder examples). Not so concerned about our trottered brethren's welfare are they, given there's no Halal version to loudly object to.

My colleagues and I, thank you for your concern. A basket of apples will be delivered shortly by Brother Oinkulus

Icehaven

Apples? Gimme some goddamn sausages!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: icehaven on November 23, 2018, 01:21:04 PM
Apples? Gimme some goddamn sausages!

Brother Oinkulus not willing to sacrifice. Is sad now. Will still bring apples and beef brisket.

Icehaven

Oh come on, surely some of you die of natural causes on the reg. How long do pigs even live?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: icehaven on November 23, 2018, 11:39:24 PM
Oh come on, surely some of you die of natural causes on the reg. How long do pigs even live?

The oldest pig is 23.

Bennett Brauer

<tag>Jack Warner's ghost enters thread to deliver stern lecture</tag>

Ferris

Quote from: icehaven on November 23, 2018, 11:39:24 PM

Of course, they've all died of natural causes after I've..... etc etc

Icehaven

I made some flippant "Merry Xmas hope you're drunk!" type comment yesterday and this morning someone I went to school with but barely remember and only friended because in the early days of fb everyone was friending everyone, and with whom I don't remember ever interacting on there ever before had tartly replied "Couldn't get drunk, I was working." Fucking martyr twat, ergh.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: icehaven on December 26, 2018, 01:29:56 PM
I made some flippant "Merry Xmas hope you're drunk!" type comment yesterday and this morning someone I went to school with but barely remember and only friended because in the early days of fb everyone was friending everyone, and with whom I don't remember ever interacting on there ever before had tartly replied "Couldn't get drunk, I was working." Fucking martyr twat, ergh.

I can't be doing with annoying types like that, I rarely unfriend anyone but I did have a big cull of people I barely knew from school but added me when I first joined.

BlodwynPig

Couldnt get drunk, i have no anus

Bronzy

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 26, 2018, 10:17:16 PM
Couldnt get drunk, i have no anus

Most people don't ingest alcohol with that orifice though

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bronzy on December 27, 2018, 04:06:37 AM

*slow clap*

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Bronzy on December 27, 2018, 04:06:37 AM

lightweights

kitsofan34

Has anyone else experienced facebook making it as difficult as possible to read and send messages? I don't have the messenger app and refuse to get it, so it seems facebook have decided to make it literally impossible to send a message. It's blocked me from sending messages on one phone, I now cannot access the website without the internet literally just closing itself (same thing has happened to my mum) and now they're preventing me from opening the messages table on my laptop.

Cerys

I tend to go there using my Kindle Fire, and I'm getting sick of FB defaulting to a page that tells me to find my friends rather than taking me to a page where I can - y'know - find my friends.

imitationleather

Quote from: kitsofan34 on January 15, 2019, 12:33:42 AM
Has anyone else experienced facebook making it as difficult as possible to read and send messages? I don't have the messenger app and refuse to get it, so it seems facebook have decided to make it literally impossible to send a message. It's blocked me from sending messages on one phone, I now cannot access the website without the internet literally just closing itself (same thing has happened to my mum) and now they're preventing me from opening the messages table on my laptop.

Yeah it tells me I've been sent a message on my phone and then when I open the app it won't let me look at it. Fuck it to the stars.

phantom_power

Facebook has become almost useless to do what I started using it for - to see what my friends were up to. There is so many adverts and the timeline is so fucked up that I miss half the posts I should be getting because they never appear on my feed. Others seem to linger far longer than necessary. It also changes depending on what device I use.

billyandthecloneasaurus

Quote from: kitsofan34 on January 15, 2019, 12:33:42 AM
...i mean, get the messenger app mate

idunnosomename

I had this problem like 5 years ago when I had a shitty phone, Facebook blocking every avenue to access messages withouth an app.

Just get Messenger Lite now, its great

Clownbaby

One of my Facebook friends has posted the Limmy Kg of Steel vs Kg of feathers sketch and so many people are trying to explain to him in the comments why they both weigh the same and it's actually getting quite heated because for some reason nobody has realised but the guy who posted that it is a comedy sketch.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Clownbaby on January 30, 2019, 11:27:14 AM
One of my Facebook friends has posted the Limmy Kg of Steel vs Kg of feathers sketch and so many people are trying to explain to him in the comments why they both weigh the same and it's actually getting quite heated because for some reason nobody has realised but the guy who posted that it is a comedy sketch.

I would love to see a screenshot of that.

Noodle Lizard

A friend's status just read "feeling energized in Solihull".

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on February 15, 2019, 11:03:19 PM
A friend's status just read "feeling energized in Solihull".

Top of the league, mate. Big things for the future.

Small Man Big Horse

Vaguely off topic but I joined Twitter last year to promote my blog and when I suddenly got past the 300 followers point I've been added by about twenty turkish people, all of whom have millions of followers. Mrs SMBH says they're bots, but I just don't understand the point of them, or why they've all suddenly added me, as a relative twitter newbie / old man can anyone explain why they exist?

BritishHobo

How many people do they follow? I've noticed over the years that the number of followers of most of the random accounts who follow me out of nowhere tend to be practically identical to the number of people they themselves are following - implying that they just follow fucking everybody in the hopes of getting people to follow back out of politeness.

FOLLOW

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: BritishHobo on March 21, 2019, 09:13:28 PM
How many people do they follow? I've noticed over the years that the number of followers of most of the random accounts who follow me out of nowhere tend to be practically identical to the number of people they themselves are following - implying that they just follow fucking everybody in the hopes of getting people to follow back out of politeness.

FOLLOW

Yeah, it's pretty much the same, and if I don't follow them back again within a couple of days I get unfollowed. Just struck me as odd that they were all Turkish, and it's happened in such a short period of time.

Bronzy

I immediately removed the person who posted this from my friends list, and frankly I hope they die a horrible and slow death.

Paul Calf

You want someone who can photoshop, don't look for a queen. Look for a graphic designer and pay her.