Author Topic: Facebook thread  (Read 243542 times)

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
Re: Facebook thread
« Reply #2220 on: February 04, 2020, 07:26:59 AM »
I gave a bed away on Facebook Marketplace once, free to whoever would collect it that day. It triggered ten thousand messages. The best was a woman who called me insisting I deliver it to that day her flat on the other side of Tokyo, as she had a new baby. When I said that was impossible she called me a wicked devil man. :(

She was half right though!

phes

• operating as a shape
« Reply #2221 on: February 04, 2020, 08:20:26 AM »
I tried to give away some stuff on Market Place and Freecycle and soon learned that it would be less hassle to break things down and return them one atom at a time into the universe

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

• Does your son have your halitosis?
« Reply #2222 on: February 04, 2020, 11:48:46 AM »
I gave a bed away on Facebook Marketplace once, free to whoever would collect it that day. It triggered ten thousand messages. The best was a woman who called me insisting I deliver it to that day her flat on the other side of Tokyo, as she had a new baby. When I said that was impossible she called me a wicked devil man. :(
A tad unfair, especially as you were living in the county of Rutland at the time.

FerriswheelBueller

• CaB rear of the year 2020
  • Silver Member
  • Take it easy, but take it.
    • I am antsy for baseball in the off-season.
« Reply #2223 on: February 04, 2020, 11:59:21 AM »
Mrs ferris’ Mum sells stuff on Facebook marketplace and I don’t really know why she bothers. Dealing with idiots and time wasters (and why on earth do they bother?) and then when someone actually agrees a price and comes over to get an item, there still seems to only be like a 60% chance the whole thing will go as expected. Didn’t bring enough cash, doesn’t want the item, fancies one last attempt at haggling while standing in your home etc.

When she carries it off, she’s delighted though. Pure celebrating like the end of the Italian Job before they drive off the cliff. That must be the appeal.

« Reply #2224 on: March 09, 2020, 09:39:01 PM »
The Sopranos-Duckposting.

« Reply #2225 on: March 11, 2020, 06:20:24 AM »
Used to spend a lot of time being a shit on facebook marketplace. Offering 4.99 for £5 commemorative coins. Asking people what songs their guitar came with. Complete waste of everyone involved’s time, but then what isn’t?

I also spent a lot of time pissing about in Trump and other dumb groups. I’ve got 100s of screenshots on my phone from back then. Laughing to myself imagining reading this in the voice of that guy from blade runner who saw the stuff. Anyway, my favourite thing to do was post some platitude about how amazing Trump was, and ask people to agree:

then edit the post afterwards:

The fact that people would reply even after “the prestige” never fails to amuse me.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 06:43:36 AM by C_Larence »

« Reply #2226 on: March 11, 2020, 09:35:51 PM »
Glitch King!

« Reply #2227 on: March 29, 2020, 05:35:01 PM »

I find this really funny even before the edit.

alan nagsworth

• Don't leave housus! Else I will slap faece.
« Reply #2228 on: March 30, 2020, 04:37:15 PM »
The Sopranos-Duckposting.

Yeah, shitposting groups (Simpsons Shitposting especially) and Catspotting are the content providers that very occasionally make me miss Facebook and wish that sort of feed was anywhere near as consistent on other social media platforms.

Rizla

• That's not another knife - THIS is another knife!
« Reply #2229 on: April 20, 2020, 06:54:04 PM »
FB "friend" of mine started a thread on "What were you doing when Live Aid was on/wasn't it brill/which was your fave rave" so, being a smart cunt, I opted to point out that its very existence in the collective memory as a "good thing" is utter bullshit and that the money raised did way more harm than good, both for the people of Ethiopia and for culture, not to mention its role in the creation of the whole virtue signalling celebrity phenomenon that still plagues us to this day (see - Save Our NHS). Next commenter gives it "There's always one, eh?". Yes mate, there is. And it's me, Rizla. Here to barge into your feelgood thread about Queen and U2 to hit you with a bit of fucking truth my friend. And the truth hurts sometimes. Anyway, matey's profile page is all saltires and EU flags, he's one of these "once we get oor independence we'll be jist barry" cunts, still living in the year 2014, and you know this is the problem with these people, facts only matter to them if they fit the narrative they like.

"There's always one, eh?" Oh that's me put in my place. FUCK OFF. Seething about it all day. Thing is, nearly all my FB interactions were like this at one point which is why I binned it. Slipped back lately cos of the 'vid etc but fuck me it's a heap of utter dogshit.

« Reply #2230 on: May 22, 2020, 03:06:10 AM »
FB "friend" of mine started a thread on "What were you doing when Live Aid was on/wasn't it brill/which was your fave rave" so, being a smart cunt, I opted to point out that its very existence in the collective memory as a "good thing" is utter bullshit and that the money raised did way more harm than good, both for the people of Ethiopia and for culture, not to mention its role in the creation of the whole virtue signalling celebrity phenomenon that still plagues us to this day (see - Save Our NHS). Next commenter gives it "There's always one, eh?". Yes mate, there is. And it's me, Rizla. Here to barge into your feelgood thread about Queen and U2 to hit you with a bit of fucking truth my friend. And the truth hurts sometimes. Anyway, matey's profile page is all saltires and EU flags, he's one of these "once we get oor independence we'll be jist barry" cunts, still living in the year 2014, and you know this is the problem with these people, facts only matter to them if they fit the narrative they like.

"There's always one, eh?" Oh that's me put in my place. FUCK OFF. Seething about it all day. Thing is, nearly all my FB interactions were like this at one point which is why I binned it. Slipped back lately cos of the 'vid etc but fuck me it's a heap of utter dogshit.

My dear, you went and actually cared when you were only supposed to pretend to care.

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
« Reply #2231 on: May 22, 2020, 11:52:01 AM »

You have risen to the top of my list of JOLLY GOOD PEOPLE