Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:25:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Facebook thread

Started by Utter Shit, November 07, 2014, 12:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: popcorn on February 04, 2020, 06:41:38 AM
I gave a bed away on Facebook Marketplace once, free to whoever would collect it that day. It triggered ten thousand messages. The best was a woman who called me insisting I deliver it to that day her flat on the other side of Tokyo, as she had a new baby. When I said that was impossible she called me a wicked devil man. :(

She was half right though!

phes

I tried to give away some stuff on Market Place and Freecycle and soon learned that it would be less hassle to break things down and return them one atom at a time into the universe

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: popcorn on February 04, 2020, 06:41:38 AM
I gave a bed away on Facebook Marketplace once, free to whoever would collect it that day. It triggered ten thousand messages. The best was a woman who called me insisting I deliver it to that day her flat on the other side of Tokyo, as she had a new baby. When I said that was impossible she called me a wicked devil man. :(
A tad unfair, especially as you were living in the county of Rutland at the time.

Ferris

Mrs ferris' Mum sells stuff on Facebook marketplace and I don't really know why she bothers. Dealing with idiots and time wasters (and why on earth do they bother?) and then when someone actually agrees a price and comes over to get an item, there still seems to only be like a 60% chance the whole thing will go as expected. Didn't bring enough cash, doesn't want the item, fancies one last attempt at haggling while standing in your home etc.

When she carries it off, she's delighted though. Pure celebrating like the end of the Italian Job before they drive off the cliff. That must be the appeal.

Marner and Me

The Sopranos-Duckposting.

C_Larence

Used to spend a lot of time being a shit on facebook marketplace. Offering 4.99 for £5 commemorative coins. Asking people what songs their guitar came with. Complete waste of everyone involved's time, but then what isn't?

I also spent a lot of time pissing about in Trump and other dumb groups. I've got 100s of screenshots on my phone from back then.
Spoiler alert
Laughing to myself imagining reading this in the voice of that guy from blade runner who saw the stuff
[close]
. Anyway, my favourite thing to do was post some platitude about how amazing Trump was, and ask people to agree:

then edit the post afterwards:

The fact that people would reply even after "the prestige" never fails to amuse me.

popcorn

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Marner and Me on March 09, 2020, 09:39:01 PM
The Sopranos-Duckposting.

Yeah, shitposting groups (Simpsons Shitposting especially) and Catspotting are the content providers that very occasionally make me miss Facebook and wish that sort of feed was anywhere near as consistent on other social media platforms.

Rizla

FB "friend" of mine started a thread on "What were you doing when Live Aid was on/wasn't it brill/which was your fave rave" so, being a smart cunt, I opted to point out that its very existence in the collective memory as a "good thing" is utter bullshit and that the money raised did way more harm than good, both for the people of Ethiopia and for culture, not to mention its role in the creation of the whole virtue signalling celebrity phenomenon that still plagues us to this day (see - Save Our NHS). Next commenter gives it "There's always one, eh?". Yes mate, there is. And it's me, Rizla. Here to barge into your feelgood thread about Queen and U2 to hit you with a bit of fucking truth my friend. And the truth hurts sometimes. Anyway, matey's profile page is all saltires and EU flags, he's one of these "once we get oor independence we'll be jist barry" cunts, still living in the year 2014, and you know this is the problem with these people, facts only matter to them if they fit the narrative they like.

"There's always one, eh?" Oh that's me put in my place. FUCK OFF. Seething about it all day. Thing is, nearly all my FB interactions were like this at one point which is why I binned it. Slipped back lately cos of the 'vid etc but fuck me it's a heap of utter dogshit.

Hey, Punk!

Quote from: Rizla on April 20, 2020, 06:54:04 PM
FB "friend" of mine started a thread on "What were you doing when Live Aid was on/wasn't it brill/which was your fave rave" so, being a smart cunt, I opted to point out that its very existence in the collective memory as a "good thing" is utter bullshit and that the money raised did way more harm than good, both for the people of Ethiopia and for culture, not to mention its role in the creation of the whole virtue signalling celebrity phenomenon that still plagues us to this day (see - Save Our NHS). Next commenter gives it "There's always one, eh?". Yes mate, there is. And it's me, Rizla. Here to barge into your feelgood thread about Queen and U2 to hit you with a bit of fucking truth my friend. And the truth hurts sometimes. Anyway, matey's profile page is all saltires and EU flags, he's one of these "once we get oor independence we'll be jist barry" cunts, still living in the year 2014, and you know this is the problem with these people, facts only matter to them if they fit the narrative they like.

"There's always one, eh?" Oh that's me put in my place. FUCK OFF. Seething about it all day. Thing is, nearly all my FB interactions were like this at one point which is why I binned it. Slipped back lately cos of the 'vid etc but fuck me it's a heap of utter dogshit.

My dear, you went and actually cared when you were only supposed to pretend to care.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Rizla on April 20, 2020, 06:54:04 PM

You have risen to the top of my list of JOLLY GOOD PEOPLE

Menu

Why is the Facebook thread here? Can't it go in GB where normal people might see it? I bet there's still loads of Facebook shit going down. Neil?

JesusAndYourBush

Is facebook broken for anyone else?

last night I tried to reply to something and after typing my reply and pressing enter it just disappeared.  Multiple attempts had the same result.  I went back to the post today and was able to reply ok.

But for the last 2 days notifications are broken.  I click notifications and the dropdown thing is blank.  Going to facebook.com/notifications allows me to see notifications though.

However, clicking a notification takes me to a page that is mostly blank with not much content loaded.  If I copy and paste the link to a new tab it works.

My feed only has one post in it, and on that post none of the things can be clicked, such as "view 3 more posts" etc.  Opening that post in a new tab allows me to interact properly with it though.

In short: facebook is optimised for phones, on a desktop it's an ultra-slow piece of dogshit and gradually getting worse.  The code is so shit and inefficient it really needs scrapping and the whole thing rewriting from scratch.

JesusAndYourBush

My feed is working now.  Yesterday it returned, but was still very sluggish.  Today some of that sluggishness has gone.  They must've been tinkering with stuff.

bgmnts

To be fair people should pick up their dog's shit.

Kankurette

My mum is in a Facebook group for her local area. There are a lot of posts about dog shit, including an evil man who lets his huskies poo on people's front gardens.

wooders1978

Quote from: bgmnts on March 31, 2021, 10:58:04 PM
To be fair people should pick up their dog's shit.

And not just leave it in a bag on the floor/flung into a tree

dissolute ocelot

If you can't be bothered carrying it home, why would you go to all the trouble of picking it up in a plastic bag? Flick it in the bushes with a stick or put a stone on top, ffs.

Kankurette

Why do people hang little bags of dog shit from trees like scatological Christmas decorations?

thenoise

Thanks,I'm pretty sure I get enough of this bollocks from my actual local Facebook group.

Typically "how disgusting someone had let their dog defecate outside my drive, here is a massive close up high res photograph of it just to remind you that dog poo is disgusting. Hope this helps!"

Gypsy caravan went through the village the other day, barely ten minutes before the "lock up your horses/rabbits/daughters" type posts started. I don't think they even stopped.

thenoise

Quote from: Kankurette on April 01, 2021, 10:11:27 PM
Why do people hang little bags of dog shit from trees like scatological Christmas decorations?
Quote from: dissolute ocelot on April 01, 2021, 09:53:24 PM
If you can't be bothered carrying it home, why would you go to all the trouble of picking it up in a plastic bag? Flick it in the bushes with a stick or put a stone on top, ffs.

An tSaoi

I bet aliens think the dogs are the owners and the humans are the pets lol

wooders1978

Quote from: Kankurette on April 01, 2021, 10:11:27 PM

My dog likes to have at least 3 shits on our daily walk (1 proper, 2 pathetic, she thinks I collect them I reckon) - I do advise her that despite evidence to the contrary poo bags don't grow on trees - don't think she knows what I'm on about

Retinend

I can't tell if none of my FB friends post any more, or whether the algorithm is just hiding them from me... I suppose the former, because I remember before the deluge of "Facebook Groups" starting suggesting themselves to me, FB was a very slow-moving site for me.