Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:38:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The PlayStation®4 Thread (PS4™)

Started by Aki Kaurismäki, November 08, 2014, 06:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The latest figures show the dominating with a 65-67% [nb]arstechnica.com[/nb] share on the two console market heading into the second Christmas season.

It's undeniably the most powerful machine and Gamestop just announced another discount on the white model to keep Microsoft trailing behind. Even the most hardened Xbox 360 fans I know have already jumped shipped or showing signs of wavering.

We're now on the verge of GTA V, Far Cry 4 and Little Big Planet 3 all due out in the next few weeks. Bloodborne, The Order following early next year and Uncharted 4 hopefully also in 2015. I think this will be the right time to snap one up for a lot of people.

The Plus subscription service has kept me busy playing a steady stream of indie games since launch and Sony just announced we will start to see AAA titles beginning with Injustice and inFAMOUS First Light in December and January.

Share your PSN ID's and I'll update this table.

kittens

biggytitbo

Ted Maul will buy us all one, he's rich.

mobias

I'm certainly loving mine. Great controller. Such a step up from the dual shock 3. After GTA V I'm really looking forward to Bloodborne and then Uncharted 4, which rumour has it will be released round about this time next year.

I downloaded the PS4 version of Flower. It looks a bit sharper on the PS4, increased frame rate and there's a few new graphical effects.

hoverdonkey

I love mine too. The indie stuff on PSN+ has been brilliant. GTA, LBP3 and Far Cry 4 out on the same day is going to ruin me.

I'm TheHoverdonkey

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

I've partially accidentally on purpose bought one of these a few weeks ago, and have been enjoying it.

I'm a pathetic trophy addict with the user name: noknowncure

Viero_Berlotti

Are streaming services (Netflix, I-Player etc) available on PS4 yet?

TIAL

Yes, my options are:
Amazon Instant, Netflix, BBC Sport, iplayer, Demand 5, IGN, NowTV, YouTube, BBC News, Animax and Vidzone.

So just waiting for 4OD now really.

Add me: adamurlew
Looking for more people to play with online as none of my actual friends play games.

Thursday

I've only got a ps3 at the moment and I think I already added you all for GTA V, but I'm Hooverben. I'll definitely be up for playing Bloodborne with people when that comes out.

Mobius

Really looking forward to the new Dragon Age in a few weeks, and Witcher 3 comes early next year :)

PSN - Mobius_lol

this week i have mostly been playing Fifa 15 and Destiny

Onken

Quote from: Viero_Berlotti on November 08, 2014, 09:16:01 PM
Are streaming services (Netflix, I-Player etc) available on PS4 yet?

One thing I've picked up on with Now TV is that its not like your typical Netflix and LoveFilm. I've successfully had two 30 day trials and each time been rewarded with a £10 PSN voucher using the same credit card and personal details. You just need a different email address or to use the trick of adding or moving the fullstop when giving your Gmail. The current offer expired but I'll be sure to share it next time it appears.

TheFalconMalteser

FalconMalteser

Mostly playing Madden.  And CoD.

Jerzy Bondov

Mattyzmatty here. Fully intend to play Destiny and Last of Us online but at the moment I'm OCDing my way round Assassin's Creed IV

mobias

PSN - mobe7

Will be playing GTAV from next week until Bloodborne comes out.

TheFalconMalteser

Oh I think I have Last of Us online, if you want to work that out Jerzy on one occasion?

GTA does seem tempting.

Just can't stop grinding players.  To unlock a player you have to, for example, play 8 games, then play 1 Elite match up against a 93 rated team, on all madden, THEN you have to purchase the entire squad for the team whose matches you played.  Then you get your player.

Unfortunately I didn't check who you get so I've been grinding the Panthers for an outside linebacker I've never even heard of.  Not Luke Kuechley.

Is there anything indie, cheap and stupid that we can all have a crack at together?

Obel

I reckon it won't be long before I take a dip into the warm vaguely urine-y waters of the PS4, so add me up. There's a great bundle at Game actually which I've had my eye on the last couple days. Went up 20 quid between yesterday and today though, which is annoying.

http://game-online.at/cookdandbombd?DURL=http://www.game.co.uk/en/playstation-4-with-grand-theft-auto-v-the-last-of-us-remastered-download-destiny-vanguard-and-ps-12-months-318784?pageSize=20&categoryIdentifier=737200&catGroupId=

My PSN name is LFTBLNK

Onken

Quote from: TheFalconMalteser on November 11, 2014, 01:19:02 PMIs there anything indie, cheap and stupid that we can all have a crack at together?

Quote"It's a collaborative labor simulation. Jokes aside, you have to evolve
your village and fight off monsters, liberating humanity, gathering
materials and crafting in the process."

The Tomorrow Children will appeal to a lot of us I reckon when it comes out. I watched a stream of someone playing and didn't really understand what was going on but it looked fun. Q-Games have a good record.

30 mins in http://www.twitch.tv/raptr/c/5360487

mobias

Quote from: Obel on November 11, 2014, 01:41:25 PM
I reckon it won't be long before I take a dip into the warm vaguely urine-y waters of the PS4, so add me up. There's a great bundle at Game actually which I've had my eye on the last couple days. Went up 20 quid between yesterday and today though, which is annoying.

http://game-online.at/cookdandbombd?DURL=http://game-online.at/cookdandbombd?DURL=http://www.game.co.uk/en/playstation-4-with-grand-theft-auto-v-the-last-of-us-remastered-download-destiny-vanguard-and-ps-12-months-318784?pageSize=20&categoryIdentifier=737200&catGroupId=

My PSN name is LFTBLNK

Game is where I got mine. There's rumours going around that in the run up to Xmas with both Microsoft and Sony battling it out there's going to be another price drop to £299 for the console only. Getting it in a bundle with games is definitely the way forward though. 

Onken

It was £299 for the white model at Gamestop all last week. Sold out now.

A few lucky people were able to get the black model for £265 from Argos website last Sunday when they accidentally allowed a fitness voucher to work on electronics but you a two hour window for it go through.

If you're interested in The Last of Us as download its £23.74 using the 5% code on CDKeys.

http://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/psn-games/the-last-of-us-remastered-ps4

It's usually the best place for cheap PSN credit.

Hollow

StoicVampirePig...get me added...I have zero friends...I need some competition.

TheFalconMalteser

I've only got one friend, Jaybiird - thought it was someone off here.  Turns it out wasn't. Mystery, eh.

Jerzy Bondov

That's everyone added so far, I feel far more of a connected 24/7 modern lifestyle man now

Junglist

My tag is DorkSirjur

Not been on it much due to Football Manager but love the console.

Consignia

I think I've got most of the people in this thread already, but my PSN id is consignia. I don't really have any games for it yet though, not even the PSplus have really taken my fancy. Which is unfortunate since I like the console.

Junglist

Anybody want a free one month PS+?

It came with Destiny but I've got 12 months already and don't wanna be cheap and give meself the extra.

Onken

It's probably only for people who haven't used the service before but I appreciate the gesture.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is £7.49 in the sales. There's too much competition to justify getting it now.

Plus they will probably give it away free when Phantom Pain comes out.

hoverdonkey

I got all giddy in Sainsbury's last night and bought AC Unity. Don't know why really, I'm getting GTA V and Far Cry 4 on Tuesday and still battling my way through Lara Croft, so the last thing I needed was AC Unity and especially a game that appears to be broken. Literally. It keeps crashing. Polygon have an article up about how buying games at launch is a fools errand and it's true.

lazarou

Unity is infamously one of the more broken releases in recent memory, and a complete shambles of a launch all round. There's some interesting stuff on Unity and the recent mess that UbiSoft's gotten themselves into here. Some of the more relevant bits:

Quote- Ahead of the Assassin's Creed Unity launch, Ubisoft revealed the game would be locked at 30 FPS to create a more "cinematic" experience, an explanation fans deemed a PR whitewash of a technical hurdle they were simply unable or unwilling to overcome

- Arriving at the launch of Assassin's Creed Unity, review copies were given out to critics, but with the stipulation that their reviews could not go live until 12 full hours after the game's midnight launch. Then, when it was revealed that Unity suffered from a myriad of technical problems across all platforms (including framerate, ironically), the move looked to many like an attempt by Ubisoft to sell day one copies to fans before any negative press could get out regarding the technical problems or the quality of the game itself.

- Assassin's Creed Unity features a number of troubling gameplay elements, including microtransactions that offer in-game currency for packages priced as high as $99. Past that, the game scatters chests throughout the map that can only be accessed if you game is connected via an AC app or Uplay.

Releasing a game essentially broken, but with fully operational microtransactions. Priorities, there.

hoverdonkey

Yes, I feel a bit of a tit really because I did zero reading up on the game before buying it. It was total impulse alongside Weetabix and some triple A batteries (what a Friday night eh lads?). What with that and buying CoD and playing it for a total of about 75 minutes before getting bored, I ain't-arf wasted some money this month. I'll be trading CoD in on Tuesday.