Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:17:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The PlayStation®4 Thread (PS4™)

Started by Aki Kaurismäki, November 08, 2014, 06:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obel

Got there quicker than I thought!
On Experienced difficulty anyway. Your Veteran score is going to take a bit longer to do I think!

Been a gnats pube away from the 1CC trophy so many times. I keep going into Mefitis with 3 lives and losing them in the stupidest ways, panicking and hitting boost, bomb and overdrive at the same time - so wasteful.

Next time though...

Viero_Berlotti

Quote from: Aki Kaurismäki on January 04, 2015, 01:39:16 AM
Updated the table in the first post.

Viero_Berlotti and Hallow, I need your PSN ID's.

Anyone else I'm missing.

Mine is V_Berlotti, don't do much online multi-player though.

Hollow

Quote from: Obel on January 10, 2015, 08:44:21 AM
I agree, but I think it's the kind of game that only appeals to certain people.

BTW Hollow I'm coming for your high scores mate.

Awesome...I really love competitive scoring...it's the very thing I got into games for...a dying thing I suppose.

Obel

Yeah, I prefer it to the sometimes aggressive deathmatch competitiveness. I used to be furious back when I played Halo 2 and 3.

Just this second got the platinum trophy on Resogun. Pretty chuffed!

Hollow

Quote from: Obel on January 10, 2015, 10:11:56 AM
Got there quicker than I thought!
On Experienced difficulty anyway. Your Veteran score is going to take a bit longer to do I think!

Been a gnats pube away from the 1CC trophy so many times. I keep going into Mefitis with 3 lives and losing them in the stupidest ways, panicking and hitting boost, bomb and overdrive at the same time - so wasteful.

Next time though...

Score update: I beat your score.

Hollow

Quote from: Obel on January 10, 2015, 02:12:18 PM
Yeah, I prefer it to the sometimes aggressive deathmatch competitiveness. I used to be furious back when I played Halo 2 and 3.

Just this second got the platinum trophy on Resogun. Pretty chuffed!

Well done...ive got quite a few to get.

Bit worried about the standard of competition now.

Obel

Well your Veteran score is amazing, so I might be a way off that for now, but I'll keep hacking at it. Managed to ace the game in three days so hopefully have some results soon.

Going to give the game a break today, my vocal cords are hurting from yelling obscenities every time I died trying to get the 15x multiplier.

Hollow

I know..when I failed to break 100m on veteran I screamed blue murder...lol.

Hollow

Obel you should get some single level scores down...pure score attack.

dr_christian_troy

My PSN identity is calnert - permission to add all you lovely people?

Mister Six

mobias

I'm in desperate need for a new big AAA game to get lost in and consume these long horrible winter nights. I've played the pants off GTAV and rung all possible enjoyment out of it now over two generations of games consoles.  Think I'll probably try Shadows of Mordor. Its a shame there's a bit of a wait until Bloodborne and then Witcher 3. Both would have been ideal at this time of year.

brat-sampson

Dragon Age Inquisition's not bad for that sort of thing either, massive bugger of a game, even if the majority of that is kinda just mindless/enjoyable filler.

Onken

The Order looks so pretty and it's setting is intriguing. The perception is it will be the first flop of the year since the early hands on access. I haven't quite given up on it yet and it could hopefully end up surprising everyone. Having a gimmick to write about doesn't pass as innovation.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/16/7553399/the-order-1886-ps4-game-preview

Thursday

Quote from: mobias on January 18, 2015, 11:26:35 AM
I'm in desperate need for a new big AAA game to get lost in and consume these long horrible winter nights. I've played the pants off GTAV and rung all possible enjoyment out of it now over two generations of games consoles.  Think I'll probably try Shadows of Mordor. Its a shame there's a bit of a wait until Bloodborne and then Witcher 3. Both would have been ideal at this time of year.

I'm having a lot of fun with Shadow of Modor at the moment, the "nemesis system" really does it make it so much fun. The combat's basically a mix of the Arkham games and Assassins Creed. I've seen some people say they got bored of it very quickly, which I can understand why, but I love it.

black_betty

Quote from: Obel on January 05, 2015, 11:55:48 AM
I bought Resogun on the strength of this post and boy am I not disappointed! This is like how I felt about Geometry Wars Retro Evolved when the 360 came out. THIS to me is good graphics, it pisses over your Far Cry's and GTAV's. It looks perfect and plays gloriously.

Just spent the weekend on 'geometry wars 3 - dimensions' (lost a big part of my life to retro evolved on 360). It's immense - highly recommended.

Will try 'resogun' next.

I'm seye - feel free to add.

Mister Six

Quote from: brat-sampson on January 18, 2015, 11:32:49 AM
Dragon Age Inquisition's not bad for that sort of thing either, massive bugger of a game, even if the majority of that is kinda just mindless/enjoyable filler.

Playing DA:I now, and while is certainly is full of 'filler' of the Assassin's Creed 'go to this area, collect all of this kind of thing and do these kinds of puzzles, go to the next area and do the same thing again' school, there is absolutely fucktons of story-based stuff to do as well.

Hollow

Quote from: black_betty on January 19, 2015, 10:24:26 PM
Just spent the weekend on 'geometry wars 3 - dimensions' (lost a big part of my life to retro evolved on 360). It's immense - highly recommended.

Will try 'resogun' next.

I'm seye - feel free to add.

You add me...I'm getting a million to choose from.

Onken

The 10% off code to use on the store as an apology for the network being down over Christmas is only valid for three days (23 - 26th). That's right after the January sales prices have been hiked back up. Bastards.

Onken

QuoteT6R3KB529K

Drive Club £17.99 and Resident Evil £14.39 look like the best deals with the discount applied.

I'm trying to trade in my disc copy of Drive Club and purchase it digitally.

biggytitbo

Has anyone played the ps4 remake of the gamecubbe remake of the ps1 game resident evil?

Laughably despite he state of the art graphics they havent fixed the disastrously bad control scheme...

Consignia

Why would they fix the controls? It's part of the original game, and people buying know exactly what they are getting. Anyway, the game's got fixed camera angles, and the scenes shift a lot, I don't know how they could improve them.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Consignia on January 23, 2015, 09:26:18 PM
Why would they fix the controls? It's part of the original game, and people buying know exactly what they are getting. Anyway, the game's got fixed camera angles, and the scenes shift a lot, I don't know how they could improve them.

They could fix the controls as part of the rationale for fucking releasing it on a modern platform surely? It's not 1996. Why update the graphics to 2015 and not the controls?

Thursday

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 23, 2015, 09:22:04 PM

Laughably despite he state of the art graphics they havent fixed the disastrously bad control scheme...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFKKxZxPj14

Consignia

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 23, 2015, 09:28:44 PM

They could fix the controls as part of the rationale for fucking releasing it on a modern platform surely? It's not 1996. Why update the graphics to 2015 and not the controls?

It's just a quick port of the Gamecube with little extra work done to it. They didn't spend that much effort on it.

But again, how would they fix the controls? The camera angles are fixed. Would you move relative to the camera, instead? That would then make shooting a lot harder, and movement when the scene shifts could also be problematic.

Thursday

The controls are there by design, they've been chossen to work with everything else in the game. And it's a remaster, not a remake. It's the equivalent of cleaning up film for a blu ray release.

biggytitbo

I don't see why you'd bother updating the graphics but not fixing the completly broken controls. Makes no sense. Why not just release the original as is?

Onken

Hollow

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 23, 2015, 09:45:07 PM
I don't see why you'd bother updating the graphics but not fixing the completly broken controls. Makes no sense. Why not just release the original as is?

The controls are not and have never been 'broken'...it's probably and I'm not being horrible here...it's probably your spaz brain that's broken.

Sorry about that.