Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:51:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The PlayStation®4 Thread (PS4™)

Started by Aki Kaurismäki, November 08, 2014, 06:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QDRPHNC

My PSN username is simla7782, add me to the list.

I'm going to add all y'all because I have no other friends[nb]On PSN[nb]Actually, that's not true, I have no other friends[nb]And that's friends in the loosest possible sense of the word, of course[nb]New page. Wonderful.[/nb].[/nb].[/nb].[/nb].

Penfold

I'm monkeydeath on PSN.

Picked up my PS4 about a month ago with Fifa and Minecraft but not really played them. I've been distracted by Madden 15 and replaying Sleeping Dogs.

Onken

Obel

I like the way there seems to be no interest whatsoever in the Xbox One on here. Not even got its own thread! Not that I'm complaining, I was turned off from the One at the earliest stage.

hoverdonkey

Quote from: Onken on November 18, 2014, 11:25:32 AM
PS4 GTA 5 Bundle + Add Farcry 4 all for £359.99 instore @ Argos

I feel this is a good deal. Not forgetting TLOU is a £25 download from CDKeys.

That's a great deal, given I'm getting both games and LBP3 today and will cost me over £100. I have loads of GAME store credit after trading in my PS3 though, so it'll actually only cost me about £20.

However, GTA 5, Far Cry 4 and TLoU - there's enough there to keep you going for months and months.

TheFalconMalteser

Quote from: Penfold on November 18, 2014, 10:04:29 AM
I'm monkeydeath on PSN.

Picked up my PS4 about a month ago with Fifa and Minecraft but not really played them. I've been distracted by Madden 15 and replaying Sleeping Dogs.

Oh Madden me up bro.  You know I'm good for it.

TheFalconMalteser

I'm unsure what to get. I have COD and Madden, and the Last of Us downloaded.  Messing around with COD single player, but frankly I think it's pretty boring. "Fut fut fut" kill more people etc.  Madden Ultimate Team has taken over my life, and the satisfaction I got from manually dropping Clay Matthews back into coverage, for him to make the interception, ooooooooooh mummy.  I've not even bought an elite RB.  Got the coins, but CJ Spiller is doing it for me. LIKE A BOSS.

So if I get a new game, am I going to have the time to play it?  I'd trade COD in but I *am* sort of enjoying the online multiplayer.

I guess you could call me a "multiplayer marvin".  Weighing up GTA5, Dragon Age, and Farcry 3.  Probably Drago Age of those three.

Oh, actual question - I'm going to be without internet until the 9th December, what will I be able to play without an internet connection? Obvs not MUT, but all the single player games, and the games I downloaded digitally (Last of Us and Madden?)

Penfold

Quote from: TheFalconMalteser on November 18, 2014, 12:18:01 PM
Oh Madden me up bro.  You know I'm good for it.

Can you tell me all the rules?

I alternate between Madden and NHL most years and still don't understand how it works so I mainly choose the 'Coach Suggestion' and avoid the other guys running at me.

TheFalconMalteser

Quote from: Penfold on November 19, 2014, 01:14:17 AM
Can you tell me all the rules?

I alternate between Madden and NHL most years and still don't understand how it works so I mainly choose the 'Coach Suggestion' and avoid the other guys running at me.

Added you - yep, it's definitely more fun once you learn the basics and it's hard to anything online without understand a few initial things.  Like the difference between man & zone, or between 4-3, nickle, dime, etc.

Obel

Well that's that, bought myself a PS4 with GTAV and Far Cry 4. £360 at Argos today, seemed too good to miss.

What an impulsive idiot I am.

hoverdonkey

That's a brilliant day's shopping Obel. Well done.

Onken

One thing I'm still meaning to get is an extra controller. The only weak point of the console is the Dual Shock 4 limited battery life and needing to use the cable to charge it quite regular. The camouflage design is pretty nice but tricky to find.

You've done well Obel, just remember to shop around to get your PS+ subscription as it's usually a lot cheaper than buying it direct from them.

Onken

Mubi.com confirmed their PS4 app is launching in time for Christmas.

A new arthouse or indie film every day with a choice of 30 at any one time.

£2.99 a month or £23 a year if you pay upfront. You can also watch online and using the iOS & Android.

I've been a member since 2010.

https://mubi.com/tell-a-friend/global/vvyifyv [nb]If 9 people sign up I get a free t-shirt[/nb]

Penfold

When I turn on my PS4 and select the PS Store it loads quickly.

If I play some games and then choose the PS Store it gives a blank screen forever.

Anyone?

Obel

Yep, exactly the same thing. Glad to see I'm not the only one

Viero_Berlotti

Yeah, I've noticed that. Usually remedies if you close down any open applications.

This looks pretty sweet. If you bought one I'd want to play it. £399, limited to 12,300 units worldwide. Theres also a PS1 theme available today.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/12/03/playstation-4-20th-anniversary-edition-revealed/

Onken

Onken

The store not loading after playing something hasn't happened to me since early launch but I only use the web store and send games to download automatically. You can find what you're looking for a lot quicker and it queues purchases up instantly. It's how add all the current PS+ titles in one fell swoop.

I'm playing a bit of Injustice now after grabbing it from laptop earlier on. 

http://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Mister Six

Right, after a failed attempt to get Dragon Age: Inquisition working on my laptop I've decided to stump up for a PS4 as a present to myself this Christmas. How's the new controller - is it all right for actual adult humans? And regardless of that, is there a third-party controller that apes the Xbox 360 one?

Obel

The PS4 controller trumps the 360 controller for comfort IMO. I've got quite big hands and previous found 360's the best, but have come around immediately. The only slight downside is battery life.

Mister Six

And the joystick positioning. Madness!

Junglist

I hated the PS3 pad, felt flimsy and cheap. This has some heft to it, the sticks and triggers are far better. Its a cracking controller, and if you play Peggle 2 the backlight on it is pretty much a rainbow of joy.

Viero_Berlotti

Yes, I never really had an issue with the PS3 controller, and couldn't tell much difference between it and a PS4 controller at first. However I used the PS3 controller for the first time in ages the other day when getting my PS3 ready to sell and it was then I realised there is a world of difference between the two.

Lt Plonker

Quote from: Mister Six on December 05, 2014, 04:14:17 PM
And the joystick positioning. Madness!

I've come round to it pretty quickly, having been on the Sexbox for the past few years. Having said that, it's a right old sod trying to remember that 'X' is now the BOTTOM button and not the left.

mobias

Quote from: Obel on December 05, 2014, 03:42:41 PM
The only slight downside is battery life.

The battery life really is quite surprisingly bad. I guess its a combination of the extra power needed for that front LED light bar, the little internal speaker and the touch pad.There are rumours that Sony are going to enable you to disable the LED light bar with a forthcoming update. Might make a bit of difference.

Junglist

Free Plants v Zombies Garden Warfare from 8pm btw, its free, like proper free until the end of this PSX event. Free from noon Yank time that is, so about 8pm here.