Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:04:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The PlayStation®4 Thread (PS4™)

Started by Aki Kaurismäki, November 08, 2014, 06:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerzy Bondov

I got badly addicted to Mad Max, to going round taking over parts of the map. I got myself really overpowered for the story by doing that. Had a beast of a car. Top game.

Penfold

Quote from: Hollow on July 14, 2016, 02:31:27 PM
Hey you got there first...I should've edited mine.

Reminds me of Mrs Doyle and her friend arguing over the bill mainland.

Top politeness though...I take it you are new...no need to suck up to me, I'm nobody.

Not new, just rarely post.[nb]OH MY GOD HAS IT BEEN ALMOST 14 YEARS?!? I'VE WASTED MY LIFE[/nb]

Anyway, that Mad Max minefield crap is putting me off going back into it.

I was hoping it would fill the time before No Man's Sky came out before the last delay, now I have Elite: Dangerous instead so can spend the next month trying to land a ship.

Hollow

Quote from: Penfold on July 14, 2016, 02:45:21 PM
Not new, just rarely post.[nb]OH MY GOD HAS IT BEEN ALMOST 14 YEARS?!? I'VE WASTED MY LIFE[/nb]

Anyway, that Mad Max minefield crap is putting me off going back into it.

I was hoping it would fill the time before No Man's Sky came out before the last delay, now I have Elite: Dangerous instead so can spend the next month trying to land a ship.

I finished nearly the entire game without even figuring out to go and get the special dogseat car...I think I did one minefield.

Elite has always eluded me in game terms, I've been dying quickly on that game since 1984...I think I'm too stupid for it to be honest, nature compensated with some demon hand eye co-ordination though, I rule on anything that involves shooting.

Hollow

Quote from: Hollow on July 14, 2016, 02:55:31 PM
I finished nearly the entire game without even figuring out to go and get the special dogseat car...I think I did one minefield.

Elite has always eluded me in game terms, I've been dying quickly on that game since 1984...I think I'm too stupid for it to be honest, nature compensated with some demon hand eye co-ordination though, I rule on anything that involves shooting.

I realise Elite involves shooting.

PS4 finally has folder support...only took them close to three years.

brat-sampson

Can't wait to make my shit for cunts PS+ folder.

mobias

There seems to be a real dearth of new games on the PS4 at the moment. Certainly of the triple A variety. There's not even a massive amount I'm looking forward to on the immediate horizon. Ubisoft's Steep looks good fun in a non traditional gaming kind of way but its been delayed until December now. Last Guardian is going to be another No Mans Sky, its just asking to be a big let down. Horizon Zero Dawn, which comes out the end of next January, looks potentially really good. It'll depend on how well they pull off the concept of giant robot dinosaurs. I'm not a fan of first person shooters but I might get Titanfall 2 if I get sufficiently bored enough.

Is there much else I'm forgetting about?  Its all going to be about PSVR for the rest of the year I guess.

brat-sampson

I don't know, if they're actually good (I'm still cautiously optimistic re. both) I'll definitely get Last Guardian and FFXV, plus the Dark Souls 3 DLC (if you play on PS4) this year and South Park I'll be getting for *certain* while keeping a very close eye on Gravity Rush 2. In the mean time I'm busy finishing Trails of Cold Steel 1 to pick up the sequel that just came out in the US. They're Vita/PS3 only but are both excellent JRPGs.

There's also Watch_Dogs/Dishonored 2s, but... hm.

Early next year also looks pretty busy, with Resident Evil in Jan and Nier Automata, Nioh, Persona 5 and Horizon *all* releasing in February. I'll probably only get P5 day 1 but Nier also looks great. Nioh is less my kinda thing and Lost Horizon is another that I'll probably ignore for a while unless it gets received really well. No way I can afford all the accouterments for PSVR any time soon, but plenty of regular stuff to fill time with at least.

Shay Chaise

I agree that it's a bit thin at the moment, and after really enjoying the Gear VR for the first week, I've decided it's actually a bit shit. PSVR will have to be a considerable step up for me to stump up the dosh, and I don't really believe we're ready for it yet. You look at the Rift and so on, the seriously expensive shit, and nobody is really raving about them, and still see it all as WIP. How's the PS4, even the Pro, going to compete? It'll be good enough, good enough to make a strong first impression, good enough to sell a shit load for Christmas, good enough to sell out the first couple of batches but unless the games are special, in fact, unless there are half a dozen seriously good games, I don't think this is going to have much impact beyond the first year. The screen door effect isn't even such a big deal, it's the inherent limitations of the form. Every game in a cockpit is going to get old, basically, from my Gear VR experience.

I'll still buy pretty much everything that's released because I'll give most things a go and love gaming. FFXV Platinum demo was pretty good actually in part. Dishonoured 2 will be worth the money, and looks like a development of the original rather than a retread. Skyrim Remastered, Bioshock Collection, Last Guardian. I don't even care about the latter, I expect it to feel very PS3, but I'll get it.

mobias

I keep banging on about this but there is definitely is a new Red Dead game coming from Rockstar. I know for sure they don't want to announce it only for it to be delayed time and again, like what happened with Red Dead Redemption, which is why we've heard nothing about it thus far. It'll be announced and released within roughly a six month time period apparently. When that time period is though I know not. Its odd to think that aside from GTAV, which was basically a remaster or a last gen game, Rockstar have yet to release, let alone even announce and show, a game for this generation of consoles. It'll be interesting to see what their new gen engine looks like.