Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:50:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Photography again

Started by Eight Taiwanese Teenagers, November 10, 2014, 08:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Apols for the low quality upload but I caught a great moment at sunrise down the canal last week, golden sun, purple clouds and the yellowing leaves glinting.

greenman

Ended up sticking with a DSLR on the end and buying a used D850, with the Z7's release the markets been flooded with used copies ad tech heads sell them off and the price shifted from about £3000 a couple of months ago to £2200. Might put the savings into a more serious wildlife lens I spose and try to focus a bit more on that era.

Spoon of Ploff

Head Gardener

football pitch in Northampton

Endicott

Nah, I've no idea either.

Quote from: Head Gardener on November 08, 2018, 07:00:40 PM

Something oddly beautiful about this picture. Thanks for posting.

greenman

Veryy nice composition with the two trees either side of the goal and a sense of movement/texture in the grass.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Head Gardener on November 08, 2018, 07:00:40 PM

this is top stuff. the light and detail on the grass... blimey.

there's an old tennis court not far from me. just the posts and layout remain and plants have been growing up through the concrete(?). I might see if I can get a picture. We could start a Lost Sports Project... or not.

Head Gardener

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on November 10, 2018, 01:14:11 PM
this is top stuff. the light and detail on the grass... blimey.

there's an old tennis court not far from me. just the posts and layout remain and plants have been growing up through the concrete(?). I might see if I can get a picture. We could start a Lost Sports Project... or not.

a lost sports project is a great idea I will see what I can do

Head Gardener

not so much of a lost sports field as an unloved one, but my dog enjoyed the sticks that were lying around

Spoon of Ploff

Having to shoot through a chain link fence and other excuses.

Anyone for tennis?

Spoon of Ploff

Spoon of Ploff

This is an old one:

It's an experiment in pinhole photography. I drilled a hole in the screw cap for a DSLR body, put tape over the hole, and stuck a pin through the tap.. a-and used the cap instead of a lens. I'm thinking I should try a few shots outside. What's the worse that could happen right?

Head Gardener

Endicott

We have a photography competition at work. The last subject was 'Texture'. I got completely fascinated with tree bark.

I entered this because it looked like a parrot.

Although really I preferred this.

Endicott

This time we're doing Night photography. I am still trying to make up my mind if any of these will do.

Photo number 3 is my favourite. I like the way the angle of the car park roof draws the eye down.

All great photos, keep it up.

Endicott

Very kind, thank you. Yes, the car park one does something for me too.

The smeared car lights one is a bit of a cliche but I like that one too. It will be one of those two I use.

greenman

Looking to take wildlife/dog shooting a bit more serious I bought this midlife crisis of a lens, not too bad at £600 for an older mode AF-S 300mm F/2.8, just needed to clean off John Terry's gob from the front element before use...

greenman

Aka the "dogs pulling amusing faces in mid stride lens"