Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:48:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Photography again

Started by Eight Taiwanese Teenagers, November 10, 2014, 08:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenman

Will need some scrolling...

Endicott

Good to see you enjoying the long lens.

greenman

Quote from: Endicott on December 03, 2018, 07:11:54 PM
Good to see you enjoying the long lens.

Not actually any longer than what I had previously but a lot faster and sharper than my 70-300mm VR. I justified it as a potential duel use, 300mm F/2.8 to allow for more dog action shooting(still only done a handful of those commercially but I'm looking to do more)plus depth of focus control and then maybe a x2 tele extender to turn it into a 600mm F/5.6 for wildlife.

Endicott

My big lens is also a zoom so at 300mm (crop factor 2 for my camera) it's f6.8! The day I realised that I could under expose shots of deer in the woods to get a faster shutter (and then give them a push on the computer afterwards) was the day I started to get much better shots! I won't mention how many times I'd been out shooting before this dawned on me.

greenman

That is actually what a lot(all?) cameras do these days at the higher ISO settings, they just under exposure and then brighten.

greenman

greenman

Some lengthier more dramatic edits...

greenman

Putting that lens more to its intended use...

Spoon of Ploff

i challenge you all to post a duller picture than this:

Head Gardener

greenman

Liv finds the disadvantage of her new hearing aids.

Spoon of Ploff

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Head Gardener

Head Gardener

today at the local railway station, O Ho O - geddit?

Head Gardener

scarecrow by the woods at Harlestone

Shoulders?-Stomach!

A park in Cluj-Napoca, with the fortress hill overlooking it

The central park

The bottom of Salina Turda, a repurposed salt mine with a salt-lake at the bottom you can boat on (very cool)

Shoulders?-Stomach!

This is lovely, congrats

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

A portico off the main square in Przemysl, messing around with overlays and that seemed to accentuate the patterns

Quote from: Head Gardener on December 23, 2018, 10:03:57 PM

scarecrow by the woods at Harlestone

Another excellent photo Head Gardener. It's got an eerie, 70s half forgotten memory quality to it.

greenman

Looks like its out of an unmade Nicolas Roeg horror film.

I'd agree that overlay works very well sholders, can often seem gimmicky but that plays up the patterns well shifting a bit away from reality.