Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,469
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:44:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Photography again

Started by Eight Taiwanese Teenagers, November 10, 2014, 08:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

There's so much more detail and colour in the rocks my eyes are drawn to that over the waves and the sky.

Endicott

greenman

A rather stormy first couple of days on La Palma, the sun just breaking though the clouds to hit the rocks.

A film shot on the same day, actually easier than digital as the highlights don't blow out as easily...

..and a rather damp statue in Santa Cruz...

greenman

Wind sculped iceblocks at the top of La Palma near the European space agency telescopes, Brian Cox wasn't present to provide a target to hurl them at...

greenman

Head Gardener

thanks, I may have a theme going here

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Love the tree trunks in the mist

Head Gardener

Head Gardener

Bazooka

Beautiful juxtaposition.

Head Gardener

Coalbrookdale near Ironbridge

Head Gardener

Chairman Bodog

Fucked enough to pledge a grin. Money. No. Smile.

Spoon of Ploff

A few years ago I bought m'self an old Practika MTL5 out of pure nostalgia... m'first SLR being an MTL3 back in... bloody hell 1985 it must have been. Anyway I finally finished the B&W Ilford film I got with it, had it processed and scanned the negatives... Here's some of the results. Fogged film, dust and scratches, and the cameo appearances of perforations would have ruined an image for me back in the day, now I really like em.

greenman

Spoon of Ploff

^ Ahhhhhh! wonder if we've ever passed each other and thought to ourselves... who's that git with the camera?

greenman

"pfff film hipster"

"pffff gearhead"

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I'll try and be sparing but here are a few from my month in Prague and around Czechia:

Charles Bridge, of course:

Strossmayer Square in the district of Holesovice

Metro escalators at Jiriho z Podebrad station

Back street in the town of Tabor:

Jesuit college in the town of Kutna Hora

The village of Karlstejn by the river

Bare trees in the woods near Beroun:

Not very hi-res but I thought this one could have been a great photo:

The best I'll get out of a phone camera anyway:

From the powder tower balcony:

greenman

Maybe extend the warming effect up the hillside of that shot by the river? the basic idea is sound though that warming filters tend to work better on the land that the sky that ends up looking muddy and unrealistic.

35mm film camera wise I still think the standard Nikon F2 remains one of the best value for money options personally, the price of everything else including Nikon's like the FM2 seems to carry on going up where as it can still he had for just over £100 in good condition. Its built like an absolute tank, functions really smoothly and you could use the pre AI Nikon lenses on it that tend to be pretty cheap for the quality.