Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:12:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Photography again

Started by Eight Taiwanese Teenagers, November 10, 2014, 08:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chairman Bodog

I posted my shaken dab handed shitpost in the wrong thread. It was 420 blazzitt.

I'll contribute for realness. Here's my gramp's west fence. I remember taking it because I felt the moss caving in like a virus.

Chairman Bodog

greenman

Imgur does have an option to downsize, the 17 inch monitor option works pretty well for this forum.

Head Gardener

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Head Gardener

Kingsley Park, Northampton

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Head Gardener on May 02, 2018, 05:09:26 PM

Kingsley Park, Northampton

You're not bringing these trolleys with you and posing them are you?
Because that would be cheating I feel.

Head Gardener

haha, no mate, this is Northampton, the fucking things are EVERYWHERE! you should see the ones I don't post...

Endicott

There is always one looking right at you.

Dex Sawash

Spoon of Ploff

How about a dead motorbike theme?

Head Gardener

I joined a photography club last night after seeing an exhibition of the members work in a local church.
The theme for the evening was On Water so I took along a few pics I'd taken on topic and after we all
sat through and critiqued around 50 members photos projected onto a wall there was a vote on fave pics.
I was proud that I came 2nd with this one I took in the nature reserve in Northampton.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

A couple from Dublin and surrounding area the other weekend:

Head Gardener

Ruby chills in the back garden, she wasn't interested in the wedding/footie

greenman

Some scanned provia slide film....

Head Gardener

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Really like the top one in your last post, greenman

Spoon of Ploff

Anyone been to the Shape of Light exhibition at the Tate (Modern)? Was thinking of going this Sats and pretending to write insightful impressions in a little note book.

greenman

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 05, 2018, 09:08:19 PM
Really like the top one in your last post, greenman

The brick? I'v actually tried printing that one for sale, might do the bluebells but I'v already got a few similar from digital.

That kind of shot I find surprising hard, quite awhile spent roving around the woodland looking for a patch of bluebells with trees/shadows for a decent composition.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: greenman on June 07, 2018, 07:24:23 PM
The brick? I'v actually tried printing that one for sale, might do the bluebells but I'v already got a few similar from digital.

That kind of shot I find surprising hard, quite awhile spent roving around the woodland looking for a patch of bluebells with trees/shadows for a decent composition.

And unless you know somewhere 'off the map' those bluebell woods can be crawling with photographers all of a mind to shoot the same thing. Can get ugly in there.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Not the brick - THAT ONE IS A LOAD OF SHIT

greenman

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on June 07, 2018, 07:32:07 PM
And unless you know somewhere 'off the map' those bluebell woods can be crawling with photographers all of a mind to shoot the same thing. Can get ugly in there.

That's in Standish Wood near Stroud, luckly theres no shortage of bluebell woods around here and I can be up their during working hours which cuts down on the crowds.

Its easier to shoot in some ways on overcast days  of course but I think the end result often lacks a bit of impact in smaller scale contrast and often in composition, I don't think that image would be as successful without the lines of shadow across it to give it some form and sense of distance.

Spoon of Ploff

Another green tear rolls down the whiskered cheeks of Rosie May.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Steven on June 08, 2018, 02:24:47 PM

would it be impertinent to ask what in the name of all that's holy is going on here?

Steven

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on June 08, 2018, 06:02:43 PM
would it be impertinent to ask what in the name of all that's holy is going on here?

Oh, I went for a long walk through the Cheshire countryside yesterday and wandered into a village called Soughall. I was walking along the pavement then saw that thing in the corner of my eye - froze and almost shit myself, until I turned and realised it wasn't a person but some depraved form of scarecrow, with Cliff Richard's grimacing face staring directly at me. Further along I saw many more freaky scarecrows in front gardens and outside shops - a Bad-era Michael Jackson for instance - and realised they've got some weird Scarecrow festival going on there. Nothing freaked me out quite like old 'Cliff', though.