Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:25:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Photography again

Started by Eight Taiwanese Teenagers, November 10, 2014, 08:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenman

I like that filter effect on the Cologne cathedral shot, the bar image does look a bit like a JJ Abrams holiday snap though with the panoramic lens flare.

Haven't gotten around to the car park suggestion but if a few people wanted to do any kind of themes challenged I'd certainly try to go along with it if possible, the question I spose is how long do we hold off nude self portraits to steal interst for the most popular thread in HS Art?

Spoon of Ploff

I've spend the summer photographing through a macro lens for the most part. Looking for something a little different to work on this winter. Dunno what but it won't be nude self portraits.

Here's some Apache Chili leaves against fabric. Seemed a good idea at the time:

greenman

No joke about stealing interest from the desolation thread rather than the sexy people one? I thought the setup was there.

The Chilis work very well indeed for me, especially the first shot. In terms of outdoor images I would say that actually the big benefit of the autumn is less the changing foliage colour and more that you often tend to have misty/dewy conditions, the former can make shooting in woodland much more interesting giving more of a sense of distance/order and the latter has always been my favoured macro subject along with ice.

One potential reason to go with a Nikon Z7 rather than a D850 would be to get in body stabilisation for lenses like my 50mm Zeiss Makro.

hamfist

I was in the Lego House in Billund, Denmark messing about in the Duplo bit about emotions.

Spoon of Ploff

Years ago someone stuck some fake roses into a tree.. on a road.. near where I am. It's still there, somewhat the worse for wear (as am I). Not sure if this image would fit better in the Desolation or the Euphoria thread.

Pdine

Spoon of Ploff

The cold dead eyes of a killer right there/

greenman

Spoon of Ploff

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It's a good time of year for dramatic skies eh

The sunrise in Leeds this morning was piercing bright purple and only through small cracks in an overcast sky.

Didn't take a photo obviously - how louche

Spoon of Ploff

Come to Sheppey Melancholy:

Some Wrong Thinks of the Children:

Just when I start to wonder why I bother to do this:

Head Gardener

Great photos again greenman

greenman

Getting into the best time of year for it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Chairman Bodog

Bodog interior

Bodog Wolfman

I was close to posting nudes but I can never be sure whether a girl knows CaB. Are nudes illegal on HS Art?

Spoon of Ploff

Great stuff. Those trees are so slim.

Do you ever do macro stuff greenman?

Head Gardener

passed a shopping trolley orgy going on in the park earlier

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Head Gardener on October 29, 2018, 12:06:06 PM

passed a shopping trolley orgy going on in the park earlier

ban this sick filth!!

greenman

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on October 29, 2018, 11:37:29 AM
Great stuff. Those trees are so slim.

Do you ever do macro stuff greenman?

One of the advantages of shooting in the Cotswold is mostly beach woodland which is very open, even moreso recently as the felled trees are the national trust harvesting old larch crops.

I don't tend to do as much macro shooting, partly what interests me and partly what sells, although I suspect if I got into greetings cards more it would do better.

Spoon of Ploff

some leafs

It's odd what you see on the way to the shops.

greenman

Hammond should have stuck with that budget, more credibility.