Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:05:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Motorsport Thread (Part 2)

Started by Ambient Sheep, November 12, 2014, 03:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

Leclerc worked his arse off, real shame he didn't win.

bgmnts

Did Hamilton go into cunt mode or something?

Kankurette

Looks like he did a Schumacher. At least Verstappen's OK.

Jasha

If the gaps there and you don't take it...

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: bgmnts on July 18, 2021, 10:06:11 PMDid Hamilton go into cunt mode or something?

Nope, Verstappen turned in on him like he does with everyone, and got a rude surprise when he discovered that Lewis was still there.

About time someone played Max at his own game.  He's been doing the "either you back off or we have an accident" thing for long enough, it's about time someone took him up on it.  Glad he's ok though.

However, Horner can absolutely fuck off with his disingenuous gallery playing.

Note that Lewis' very similar move on Leclerc near the end ended very differently, because Charles didn't turn in.

Wonderful Butternut

It was a racing incident, but I got a bit asspained about Hamilton whining about how aggressive Verstappen is. Hamilton of course, has never raced anyone aggressively ever.

But yeah, Horner can fuck off. And Toto with his email with a diagram in it can fuck off too.

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on July 18, 2021, 11:21:36 PM
Nope, Verstappen turned in on him like he does with everyone, and got a rude surprise when he discovered that Lewis was still there.

Hamilton is not all the way to the inside cos he went so close to the old pitwall on approach that the angle was too tight for him to keep it all the way to the inside. I think it's more likely that Verstappen was expecting him to be a little further to the right than was intentionally trying to pinch him.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteNope, Verstappen turned in on him like he does with everyone, and got a rude surprise when he discovered that Lewis was still there.

About time someone played Max at his own game.  He's been doing the "either you back off or we have an accident" thing for long enough, it's about time someone took him up on it.  Glad he's ok though.

Rather odd take. It's a very high speed corner, Verstappen has to turn in there. And Hamilton did slightly lockup, the result was a fraction of a second of misjudgement from them both. Not much to go ott about, but Hamilton definitely partly at fault.

https://youtu.be/M4ongTQ2N0Y

Look how far Hamilton was from making the apex there. Carrying too much speed, gets the understeer and Verstappen not unreasonably assumed that wouldn't happen to that degree.

Penalty imposed was overall not that harsh and helped create an exciting race.

vanilla.coffee

I'm old enough to remember when Max's Dad took out Montoya when he was leading the Brazilian GP.

That Copse incident was two racers with far bigger bollocks than most armchair critics have. Takes two to have a collision and neither was backing down in that moment.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on July 18, 2021, 10:06:11 PM
Did Hamilton go into cunt mode or something?

Thuglife, english sportsmanship at its finest.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Blumf

Ugh! It's bad enough when it's out in the open like that, but there's so many people who keep on playing down Hamilton clearly because they have a problem with his colour, they just usually skirt round that issue when they speak.

Know someone who was at the race yesterday and the got into an argument with some people over the 'taking a knee' thing. So frustrating, as usually motorsport fans are pretty good, not into petty nationalism[nb]Yeah, they'll cheer loudest for a British driver, but are happy if it's a good race[/nb], but skin colour seems to be a step too far for some of them.

Kankurette

I remember when he got Sports Personality of the Year and people claimed he was ticking boxes. Yeah, nothing to do with the fact that he's one of the most successful F1 drivers around right now, if not THE most successful. It must be because he's black.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quite agree, no one sportsperson in the UK has been more harshly treated over such a long period or been the victim of casual/proxy racism (where people find polite sounding reasons to dislike him that are normally bullshit smokescreens for their racism) to such a wide extent. And yes, Hamilton has lot of dislikable qualities. Among them are not the fact he is a black man and extremely talented and the equal/superior to everyone in F1 for the last 10 years.

Motorsports fans, especially F1 for whatever reasons, appear to be the epitome of white, male and stale. That said, I know plenty of total gammonry who love Hamilton and would cheer on anyone if they had a GBR next to their name.

On one level, the racism is at least unconceited, compared with the pathetic cunts who try and undermine literally anything he ever does but would never have the guts to truly admit why.

Kankurette

i admit I dislike him but it's more because of his tax-dodging and because he's said some dodgy shit about gender. But the amount of abuse he gets over his support of BLM and just being black in general, in a white-dominated sport, makes me want to defend him[nb]And he has an adorable bulldog. You have to love a man who takes his dog everywhere.[/nb].

I still like him more than Schumacher though. I was massively into Formula 1 back in the '90s - I even wrote a song about David Coulthard when I was 16, he was my fave - and I couldn't stand the cunt because he was so up his own hole and always winning, like a sort of one-man Man United. Although I feel bad typing this in light of what happened to him.

bgmnts

Why do people identify as black if they're mixed race anyway? Why do people class mixed race people as black? It makes little sense to me.

Kankurette

He's definitely black enough for people to complain about box ticking.

Sorry for my wording though.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/57949190

Please can you hold my things while I search for the world's tiniest monocoque shaped violin?

Kankurette

Blumf

Enjoyed Hamilton trolling the crowd:
"I have never felt so great with the booing, If anything, it just fuels me. So I don't really mind it."

In other motor sport news, that Classic Touring Car crash at Brands Hatch was horrific.
https://news.sky.com/story/race-marshal-killed-in-crash-at-brands-hatch-circuit-12369408

I wonder if there's scope for improving the barriers there, tyres or something, as the car was just rolling over everything barely slowing down.

Jasha

Brands though, don't think any amount of tyres or air fences would help when the run offs are still 1960's, put Brad Jones in a coma last week. It's the sad dichotomy of these older circuits that have everything you want in a track to promote close racing but are of their day rather than the Tilke circuit in a box merry-go-round that can accommodate today's improvements. Still sad for all involved though

Wonderful Butternut

Another big one at Eau Rouge/Radillion involving cars bouncing across the track. This time in the GT3 class at the Spa 24 hours:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZAH5CAyvps&t=61s&ab_channel=MotorsportMeister

That corner's going to get tightened up in the next 3 years I expect.

Wonderful Butternut

Bottas fucks up his braking and manages to take out Leclerc, Norris and Perez, and damage Verstappen in the first corner. Aka. anyone with a notional chance of threatening Hamilton.

Fucking hell, how is Hamilton that lucky?

Ambient Sheep

Tbf, Leclerc was taken out by Stroll, but yeah.

Ambient Sheep

That replay of Sainz's onboard was awesome!

And Latifi's!

Wonderful Butternut

What the fuck was that?

Merc & Hamilton = stupid.

lankyguy95

That was a good move from Mercedes/Hamilton.

Chedney Honks

Absolutely loving this. Love Hamilton so much. Hope anyone who doesn't is weeping tonight.

Alberon

Stonking race. Hamilton won't be happy with his result, but it was a fantastic fight back from a total fuckup.

Ocon might have been gifted the position but he earned it with his defending. Alonso was great and it's a shame Hamilton didn't have a chance to try Vettel.

Verstappen probably did the best possible with a car as buggered as his was and Mercedes aren't going to be too bothered with Bottas punting Norris into the Red Bulls.

Blumf

Looks like Vettel has a problem with fuel sampling

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.breaking-vettels-p2-in-hungary-at-risk-after-he-is-referred-to-stewards-over.3Nmf9GAJjh99WGNO8NFUcT.html
QuoteSebastian Vettel's second place finish in the Hungarian Grand Prix could be under threat after FIA Technical Delegate Jo Bauer referred Aston Martin to the stewards for failing to provide an adequate fuel sample after the race.

Under the technical regulations, competitors must ensure that a 1.0 litre sample of fuel may be taken from the car at any time during the event.

However, after Sunday's Grand Prix at the Hungaroring Bauer said: "It was possible to take only a 0.3 litre sample" from Vettel's car.