Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:51:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Xbox 360 Hard Drive Bollock-o-Rama

Started by Jim_MacLaine, November 21, 2014, 02:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_MacLaine

So this morning I received the 120gb HD bought from ebay. Look up on youtube how to transfer data from my old 20gb HD (stop laughing). Seems simple enough.

The thing is the kid on youtube done it wrong. He said connect the new hard disk via the transfer cable to the usb. This is incorrect apparently.

So I do it. No automatic 'would you like to transfer' message. Hmm. I go to storage. Would you like to format this usb storage. Umm, I guess so.

Bang! Mistake. Now my 120 gb hard disk shows up as 31gb usb storage and isn't recognised if I slot it in the top of the 360.

Where do I go from here? Is there some software that can reformat the drive so that I can try the process again?

Help me people, I'm dying out here. I've just bought GTA V too (again, please stop laughing).

Hank_Kingsley

My gut instinct would be to try one of those shops that does things like jail breaking iPhones and repairing laptops, mainly because Microsoft will be fuck all use.

Jim_MacLaine

Yeah Hank. I've just found this which looks complicated but may be my only hope.

http://beta.ivc.no/wiki/index.php/Xbox_360_Hard_Drive_Upgrade

I could of course just spend another £20 on an HD but it's the principle.

Pdine

I hate to ask the obvious, but have you tried shoving it right up your arse?

Jim_MacLaine

That's presently 7(b) on my list of options.

Hank_Kingsley

I'm going to get a ps4 at the end of the month.

That's not much help to you, I just like thinking about it.

Jim_MacLaine

Go for it.

Fuck it. I'm popping into CEX on the way home and getting another one.

Onken

Throwing good money after bad there. PS4 and install your own off the shelf 2TB drive.

Jim_MacLaine

Unfortunately I'm too busy to justify forking out for a PS4.