Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,338
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:55:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy & Smiley's People

Started by monkfromhavana, November 24, 2014, 12:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Quote from: monkfromhavana on December 03, 2014, 02:27:24 PM
I started watching it last night, but found it a little clunky. I'm sure it's only a first impression and I'll give it a proper watch when I have more time

Did you watch any more in the end?

studpuppet

Now available on Blu-Ray which, if it's anything like the Edge Of Darkness transfer is worth £12 of anyone's money.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tinker-Tailor-Soldier-Spy-Blu-ray/dp/B07VWR4KF4

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 21, 2020, 11:03:52 AM
Did you watch any more in the end?

I never got around to it. I might try it again but just start from episode 2.

Sin Agog

Am still utterly haunted by Alex Guinness' performance in this. He spent an entire year wrapped up in George Smiley, and it shows onscreen if you look hard enough.  Could easily imagine people just thinking this is a reserved to the point of comatose old codger, but I've never seen anyone better portray thinking onscreen.  The tiniest twitch of a facial muscle is a tell that this dude's got a furiously active inner world.  The movie's okaaay, but Guinness was in another tier to late-period conservative cunt Gary Oldman.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Sin Agog on January 22, 2020, 01:31:06 PM
Am still utterly haunted by Alex Guinness' performance in this. He spent an entire year wrapped up in George Smiley, and it shows onscreen if you look hard enough.  Could easily imagine people just thinking this is a reserved to the point of comatose old codger, but I've never seen anyone better portray thinking onscreen.  The tiniest twitch of a facial muscle is a tell that this dude's got a furiously active inner world.  The movie's okaaay, but Guinness was in another tier to late-period conservative cunt Gary Oldman.

It's the fact that he doubted himself regarding the role as well. To such a degree that he recommended that Arthur Lowe take it on in his place.

I just wish the program had been or about another 16 years. Nothing much happening, but just basking in the characters. getting to see more of Bland, Esterhase etc. I can't think of a single duff performance from anyone.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: studpuppet on January 21, 2020, 10:59:45 PM
Now available on Blu-Ray which, if it's anything like the Edge Of Darkness transfer is worth £12 of anyone's money.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tinker-Tailor-Soldier-Spy-Blu-ray/dp/B07VWR4KF4

Wicked, time to finally give this a go!