Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:58:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

AV Club Day Today Retrospective.

Started by Bored of Canada, November 26, 2014, 07:12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

It doesn't say anything new, but I always find it fascinating when people first discover Morris' work, as well as all the other great people on Day Today.
It is inherently a collaboration between a large group of people in their absolute prime.

You should see my eyes light up when someone at a party may mention something vaguely related to him at a party. I mean, he was part of your zeitgeist, and I'm sure everyone, and especially huge cults of younger people at the time delighted in his stuff. Finding people who are familiar with The Day Today or Brass Eye in Australia is a bloody shitfight. Probably why I gravitated to this place.

That and the hot cooch action.

DJ Solid Snail

Surprisingly astute for an A.V. Club article. Kudos, Brandon Nowalk.

Crabwalk

Pity it kicks off with those old 'War of the Worlds' myths, but a decent primer on TDT and OTH nonetheless. One thing that sometimes gets lost in these retrospectives is how face-explodingly hilarious they are, and the key role that silliness plays in that.

Artemis

Quote from: AV ClubAt one point the scrolling stock bar just has a bunch of fours with no context

That made me smile.

Thomas

Quote from: Crabwalk on November 26, 2014, 12:39:49 PM
Pity it kicks off with those old 'War of the Worlds' myths, but a decent primer on TDT and OTH nonetheless.

Yeah, and it's nice to see Morris' face on the front page of a popular media website. As I've said somewhere else, I think, it is a bit like Morris has died recently. We're getting all these retrospectives and repeats.

When I was out the other night, an lady made reference to something from Four Lions. Aback, I turned to her and said 'you like Chris Morris?'

'Who's Chris Morris?' she asked. Ah well.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It's great to see the CBN/Barbara Wintergreen segments getting praised, as they're usually the most criticised on here.