Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,460
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:39:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Not particularly enjoying the music of people who have similar views

Started by Vodka Margarine, November 26, 2014, 07:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vodka Margarine

There must be some of these.

Plan B is someone I've admired in the past for being a successful pop star willing to stick his head above the parapet and opine about how shit things seem to be for the young and disenfranchised but whether he's rapping or crooning - sorry, nah.

Apart from that sweary 'Don't tell me to tidy my room' one they did, I've never been able to take Rage Against The Machine very seriously, no matter how proficient a guitarist Tom Morello was / is.

Also, Billy Bragg. Levi Stubbs' Tears is excellent but I never find myself feeling much enthusiasm to listen to anything much else by the Barking boomer. Always feels oddly chorish.

Pepotamo1985

I think Morello is more accurately described as an FX pedallist. His only interesting guitar playing is on Evil Empire, really.

I can kind of agree with you though - I think most of their output is quite naff. Very listenable naff, but naff nonetheless.

Pepotamo1985

Henry Rollins is another one. Any music he's associated with is unlistenable to me, but the guy's a dude.

Same with Crass, can't stand them musically but have a ton of respect for them. Very interesting history to the band indeed.

soraya

I've heard Nas is really misogynistic, homophobic and racist but I can just never get down with his beatz.

garbed_attic

Quote from: Pepotamo1985 on November 26, 2014, 10:15:17 PM
Same with Crass, can't stand them musically but have a ton of respect for them. Very interesting history to the band indeed.

Jeffrey Lewis did a whole album of Crass covers if you prefer anti-folk.