Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:36:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Blue Jam Stings

Started by ashd, November 29, 2014, 02:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashd

Hello!

This is my first post, I'm a relative newbie to Chris Morris's work and have been listening through all his radio shows that I can find. I started earlier this year with Blue Jam and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in/able to help me figure out the list of samples used in the various blue jam stings?

I've spent a about a day spread over the past couple of months trying to recreate them in logic as a kind of procrastination/learning exercise, and I've got what I think are decent if imperfect recreations of the Hobbs sting music and the Moyles/Goodier 2 stings:

http://fyad.co.uk/moylessting3.mp3 - The brass sound isn't very good, I'm thinking they must be samples I'm missing. I've made it with the structure of the Goodier 2 version but added the bass line from the moyles version.
Samples:
Holes - Mercury Rev
Hysj! - Iren Reppen
I want to know what love is - Foreigner

http://fyad.co.uk/hobbssting.mp3 - Some of the sound fx are a bit rubbish, and I couldn't find the original drum sample so chucked two portishead samples in there for good measure.
Samples:
The Riddle - Nik Kershaw
I won't let the sun go down on me - Nik Kershaw
Human Racing - Nik Kershaw
Wouldn't it be good - Nik Kershaw

And for the drums I've used:
Pedestal - Portishead
Strangers - Portshead

I thought here might be the best place to ask! Any takers?

Nutter

200+ views and not a single reply? How rude. While I don't think I can help you personally, I will say, that these are very well done! I hope someone can help you.

walydug

Somebody has completed this task already I think. Link exists somewhere in these forums.

Hypodeemic Nerdle

Both these work well. Hobbs one is especially eerie.