Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:14:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lyrics You Misheard.

Started by Camp Tramp, November 30, 2014, 01:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natnar

Quote from: Bobby Treetops on December 06, 2014, 06:43:28 PM
4:35 into Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer does he really sing "I've been peed in the river"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g93mz_eZ5N4

I thought he was singing "My thing is getting bigger" during Big Time.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on December 06, 2014, 08:50:20 PM
I heard one line of Pretenders, Brass in Pocket, as, '...gonna use my style.  Gonna use my sausage...'

Similarly Five Star's "The Slightest Touch"...

"Sau - sage, and I go crazy with desire."

Ray Travez

A friend of mine heard the line "I'm running towards nothing" in The Cure's A Forest as "I run into a sausage"

Did anyone else hear the line from the Wombles theme: 'Things that the everyday folks leave behind' as 'Things we need everyday.  Box leave behind'.  I always heard it as that, and thought the last line didn't make sense, understandably.

Camp Tramp

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on December 12, 2014, 09:01:45 PM
Did anyone else hear then line fro m the Wombles theme: 'Things that the everyday folks leave behind' as 'Things we need everyday.  Box leave behind'.  I always heard it as that, and thought the last line didn't make sense, understandably.

My mum used to play the Wombles as aural torture, so my mind blanked out the lyrics!

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on December 12, 2014, 09:01:45 PM
Did anyone else hear the line from the Wombles theme: 'Things that the everyday folks leave behind' as 'Things we need everyday.  Box leave behind'.  I always heard it as that, and thought the last line didn't make sense, understandably.

No, but I heard the theme as the Wombles telling us they were common : "The Wombles of Wimbledon. Common are we."
(I'm sure someone else mentioned the same a week or two ago but as I can't find it in this thread it must have been another similar thread.)

And keeping on the theme of childrens tv shows, I heard a line in the Hair Bear Bunch theme as "In the Wonderland zoo, where the surgeon bears do."
Do what I don't know.  Doctor-type stuff probably.

hedgehog90

I'm re-listening to OK Computer and I always hear the lyric in Let Down:

"Floor collapsing, floating"

as something like

"Fuck her laps in four ways"

No matter how many times I hear it, I always hear the word fuck. My brain lights up like "Hey, Yorkey steady on, man!" every god damn time.

[EDIT]

Electioneering - The lyrics are "Voodoo economics" but he says "Voodoo Economics-eter-eter"
And that make me think of Exeter, because I live there and I know Yorkey went to Exeter Uni, so my brain interprets it as a course available at Exeter University.

I'm sure I'll be back here before the end of the album - He can't sing for shit the mumbling cunt (that's a joke I love it actually)

[EDIT #2]

No Surprises - always used to think ol' Yorkester was saying "no lumps and no surprises", later I assumed he was saying "no laughs and no surprises".
Then I found out he's saying "No ALARMS(!?) and no surprises"
Fuck me! This lad can't speak!!!

hedgehog90

I enjoyed that so now I'm giving Kid A a spin.

Everything In It's Right Place:
These aren't misheard, but misspoken/slurred so badly that I wonder if the mayor of Yorkeminster was rather sloshed or on the heroins while they were recording it.

"Stro-oo-oo-oo-oobe lights and blooooooown speakers" - listen to this bit in particular at around the 3:30 mark.
He doesn't say blown speakers, he literally says mroooowken speakers.
And the next line: "Fiii-iii-iii-iii-iiireworks and huuuuuurricanes"
comes out as: "Fiii-iii-iii-iii-iiirewhuzz n hooooooooollicaaaays"

And ofcourse, hollicays to my mind sounds like some sick Auschwitz wordplay.
THANKS A LOT YORKE YOU FUCKING SHIT.
(no not really, keep it up I like it really, do I have to keep telling you this?)

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: hedgehog90 on December 15, 2014, 04:22:15 PM
I'm re-listening to OK Computer and I always hear the lyric in Let Down:

"Floor collapsing, floating"

as something like

"Fuck her laps in four ways"

No matter how many times I hear it, I always hear the word fuck. My brain lights up like "Hey, Yorkey steady on, man!" every god damn time.

Yup, as I've been saying on here for over 10 years now, it's actually:

"Fuck her ass and fall in..."

Panbaams

QuoteWe three kings of Orient are
Bearing gifts, we travelled so far

It makes more sense than "traverse afar", especially when you're a kid.

NurseNugent

I always thought Jona Lewie wished he was a mole for Christmas. It was only when I saw the video that I realised what the lyrics were.

Quite a bizarre one, but my friends and I all though the Firm were singing "It's worse than Maggie Thatcher" rather than it "It's worse than that he dead Jim" perhaps Maggie Thatcher was the worst thing out little 8 year old minds could come up with.

My favourite though is my six year old nephew asking "Is he singing 'pick up the mice?'" while listening to the Small Faces "Here Come the Nice."     

When Bryan Ferry did Jealous Guy, as a tribute to John Lennon, I thought he was singing, 'I did him in to hurt you', imagining himself as Mark Chapman, rather than, 'I didn't mean to hurt you'.  I was only eleven and didn't know Lennon's version, and thought it was an original composition by Ferry, directly about the assassination.

JesusAndYourBush

When I was a kid I thought it was "We three kings of orien tar" because that how everyone sang it at school, with too much emphasis on the TAR.

Camp Tramp

I used to get the chorus (if you can call it that) in Mistletoe and Wine wrong.

"Xmas time, mistletoe and wine, children singing Christian rhymes, logs on the fire andcrisps on the beach.

Even as a kid I though this was a little strange.

We sang Lord of the Dance at school, when I was little.  I heard and sang 'Lord of the Dance said he' as, 'Lord of the dance settee'.  I used to wonder just what a dance sofa was, exactly.

chand

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on December 17, 2014, 09:10:05 PM
We sang Lord of the Dance at school, when I was little.  I heard and sang 'Lord of the Dance said he' as, 'Lord of the dance settee'.  I used to wonder just what a dance sofa was, exactly.

28 years old, I was!

Berthas Fat Leg

Nirvana - Lithium

"I'm so horny - that's ok, my willy's good."

Shania Twain - That Don't Impress Me Much

"I can't believe you kiss your cock at night"

Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence

"All I ever wanted, all I ever needed is here - in my arse"

Phil_A

I used to believe with some certainty that Tim Buckley on Pleasant Street was singing "He'll spin you, he'll weave you, round his amiroulou." Of course it isn't. It's "He'll spin you, he'll weave you, round his emerald loom."

I don't know what the fuck I thought an amiroulou was. I still don't know.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

My sister was great for these when we were growing up.  It was less mishearing and more her contriving to fit rough approximations of the sounds she'd heard.

"Stop in the name of love" became "Stop in the neighbourhood"
"Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee, lousy with virginity" became, "lousy wig, virginity"
And Cliff's Christmas Opus changed from:
"Children singing Christian rhyme" to - and I've no idea how she got here - "Children drinking African wine"

JesusAndYourBush

"I've been working my way back to you babe, with a burning bum behind."[nb]The Spinners - "Working My Way Back To You"[/nb]

"You're the Wizard of Oz, ooh ooh ohh."[nb]John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John - "You're The One That I Want".[/nb]

With this one I wasn't sure what the line was but a friend at school said he'd looked up the lyric in the latest Smash Hits and confirmed that the line indeed was... "Then I met this debutante, I said I like two way bra's"[nb]Jonah Lewie - "You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties"[/nb]

Hypodeemic Nerdle

Take me to the doctor's 'til the break of the day

Berthas Fat Leg

Elton John - Step into Christmas

Misheard - Evil Knievel can come along with us..

Actual - Eat, drink and be merry, come along with us..

Blur - Bank Holiday

Misheard - Dave's got angina, to which everyone cheers.

Actual - Days of enjoyment to which everyone cheers.

Grazor

"Must be the reason why I'm King of my castle,
Must be the reason why I'm Queen of my tressle"

Perhaps some sort of W.I. bake sale turf war?

sillymisslily

I always thought the first line of Living On A Prayer was "Johnny used to work on the dole".

hedgehog90

Quote from: sillymisslily on December 23, 2014, 01:00:44 AM
I always thought the first line of Living On A Prayer was "Johnny used to work on the dole".
Me too, until just a few seconds ago. What is it then? Can't be bothered to google it.

non capisco

Quote from: sillymisslily on December 23, 2014, 01:00:44 AM

"It doesn't really matter if we're naked or not"

doppelkorn

Quote from: hedgehog90 on December 23, 2014, 01:41:49 AM
Me too, until just a few seconds ago. What is it then? Can't be bothered to google it.

"docks"

Kane Jones

Quote from: doppelkorn on December 23, 2014, 12:13:25 PM
"docks"

Union's been on strike, he's down on his luck,
It's tocks, so tocks.

non capisco

"We've got each other, and that's a laugh"

Kane Jones

Quote from: non capisco on December 23, 2014, 01:04:09 PM
"We've got each other, and that's a laugh"

"Gina works vagina all day."