Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,470
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:04:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Morris/Ayoade/Fielding radio sketch to be aired

Started by weirdbeard, December 01, 2014, 09:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weirdbeard

Taken from the Raw Meat Radio thread, but surely deserving of more prominence...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04tm3qb

Time and date - this Sunday on BBC 6 Music, sometime between 7 and 10am.

QuoteA brand new sketch from iconic comedian Chris Morris is exclusively aired. It is Morris' first piece of radio for 14 years, and also features Richard Ayoade and Noel Fielding.

Now Chris Morris returns to radio ... and he has gifted an 8 minute 46 second sketch to Mary Anne Hobbs, who presented the recent Morris retrospective on Radio 4 Extra.

Chris Morris says:
This is a work in progress cut from a project that was stored in a vat but still seems to be breathing or at least emitting gas.

The series is set in a care home and records a number of vexatious encounters between a new resident, Victor and his long suffering Care Manager.

It is written by Chris Morris, Noel Fielding and Richard Ayaoade and directed and produced by Chris Morris.

thraxx

Exciting news, but Fielding's involvement drastically lower expectations levels.  Which aint a bad thing, I suppose.

Thomas

Talk from 2011 -

QuoteNow Noel [Fielding] is returning to radio, with a project he's been working on with Chris Morris and Richard Ayoade. At the time of writing it consists of six ten minute programmes which have been written by all three, performed by Noel and Ayoade, and produced by Morris (still in progress). The series has been five years in the making due to the trio's busy schedules and Noel is "very proud" of them. He says, "We did it for ourselves and we really enjoyed it. Working with those two has been really good – even just the experience on its own has been so nourishing and fulfilling it almost doesn't matter if we put it out or not."

http://thevelvetonion.com/2011/11/03/radio-past-and-future/

As discussed in this thread.

Petey Pate

I can honestly say that Chris Morris is one of my favourite people, and that Noel Fielding is one of my least favourite people. Yes, even worse than Bin Laden. Stick that on your next DVD Noel.

Richard Ayoade is a one trick pony (as an actor at least, not seen any of his directing work) but at least he's self aware.   

anal_footing

My guess is that it'll be a light and very silly, absurd thing tonally in line with The Mighty Boosh radio series.

Hypodeemic Nerdle

BlodwynPig

danabnormal

its been cancelled apparently, according to twitter!

Thomas

Joy Nktonga

She's talking about it now... Damn, she said that after they spoke to Morris they're waiting 'til the full series is finished and ready to go.

Wonder which station this new series will end up being broadcast on, then.

Presumably, as it seems to have been in production for years, this wasn't originally commissioned by an actual radio station, and is just something they've done off their own backs.

Would imagine Radio 1's out.  Can't see Radio 2 airing it either.  Radio 4?  Internet/podcast? 

weirdbeard

Quote from: Joy Nktonga on December 07, 2014, 09:42:12 AM
She's talking about it now... Damn, she said that after they spoke to Morris they're waiting 'til the full series is finished and ready to go.

Like all things Morris then, we're talking years and not months, weeks or days.

I hope the shared disappointment of that being pulled should maybe give them all a bit of a kick and realise there is an audience for it, who are interested to give it a shot.
Still, doesn't fair well of ever hearing it, I'd say.

anal_footing

You're all talking out of your arses.

The sketch was broadcast on Saturday, and it was fucking brilliant.

Pinball

Quote from: anal_footing on December 08, 2014, 08:13:21 PM
You're all talking out of your arses.

The sketch was broadcast on Saturday, and it was fucking brilliant.
Really? When?

Thomas

Thomas

yes it is just an reference, I don't actually necessarily believe you are male and/or lizard

Pinball