Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,184
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 739
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:37:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

SPECTRE

Started by Norton Canes, December 04, 2014, 11:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

Reminds me of Uncharted 2.

Kelvin

Reminds me of the sex scene from Love is The Devil.

CaledonianGonzo

CaledonianGonzo

Though still less likely to stand out in the snow than...

Kane Jones

He got it right here;

Shame Rog was about seventy and it's one of the worst Bond films ever made.[nb]sorry Biggy.[/nb]

CaledonianGonzo

Though the constant refrain of California Girls that followed him around tended to give away his location.

I really hope Sam Smith isn't doing the song,  as rumoured.

Thomas

I'm hoping for Lana Del Rey, myself. But that's just me, myself, in my opinion, and the rumours suggest that Sam Smith has boringly pipped her to the post.

Bad Ambassador

This could be our last chance to get David Bowie.

Kane Jones

I want John Grant to sing the next Bond song.  It'll never happen, but he's got the song writing chops to really Barry it up.

mothman

Mr Banlon

CaledonianGonzo

As Badassdigest pointed out, Craig's looking pretty good for a guy nine years into his run as 007. Keep in mind, Connery put in nine years between Doctor No and Diamonds Are Forever, and looked like this at the end:

mothman

I was curious, so...

Connery:
1. 32 years old.
2. 33.
3. 34.
4. 35.
5. 37.
7. 41.
Plus he was 53 in Never Say Never Again.

Lazenby:
6. 30 years old.

Moore:
8. 46 years old.
9. 47.
10. 50!
11. 52.
12. 54.
13. 56.
14. 58.

Dalton:
15. 43 or 41 - there is some doubt as to whether he was born in 1944 or 1946!
16. 45 or 43.

Brosnan:
17. 42.
18. 44.
19. 46.
20. 49.

Craig:
21. 38.
22. 40.
23. 44.
24. 47.

I presume the hair loss was a big factor, but it is pretty shocking how poorly Connery went from 32 to 41, compared to Craig going from 38 to 47...

El Unicornio, mang

Connery always looked older than his age, mind. He looks about 40 in Dr. No.

mothman

Then all of a sudden, at about 45, in the late seventies - say anywhere between Robin And Marian, and Outland - he starts looking pretty good for his age. And then spends the best part of the next two decades being THE sexier older Hollywood leading man of choice.

I've decided this is the way to go, personally (I'm 44).

MojoJojo

Quote from: mothman on February 14, 2015, 02:26:03 PM
I presume the hair loss was a big factor, but it is pretty shocking how poorly Connery went from 32 to 41, compared to Craig going from 38 to 47...

I suspect you might know this, but Connery wore a wig in all the Bond films (started balding as a teenager apparently - although I've also heard he shaved it off so he wouldn't be recognised in public).

CaledonianGonzo

Some folk contend Brozza was wearing a wig by the end as well, whereas Timothy Dalton was relying on a system of combovers and excessive blowdrying.

Norton Canes

I'd be happy for Sam Smith do to the theme, if only because there might be some excitingly homoerotic subtext to it.

Blinder Data

Quote from: mothman on February 14, 2015, 03:33:07 PM
Then all of a sudden, at about 45, in the late seventies - say anywhere between Robin And Marian, and Outland - he starts looking pretty good for his age. And then spends the best part of the next two decades being THE sexier older Hollywood leading man of choice.

I've decided this is the way to go, personally (I'm 44).

biggytitbo

Connery was already completly bald when he did Dr No wasn't he?

Yes Connery certainly looks a lot better and inexplicably younger after he went grey. It's all about accepting and looking comfortable in the age your are I think.

MojoJojo

I thought you'd know this better than I, being both a fan of baldness and Bond.

But anyway, depends what you mean by completely bald. He has the male pattern baldness thing, so still has hair above the ears, just nothing up top. I believe he shaved everything off while young and doing acting roles that demanded hair - probably because a complete wig just works better than patches. Just part of the costume. I don't know how much it was to do with how they filmed it, but they must have been pretty good wigs. There is also a "didn't want to be recognised in public" explanation which I think I heard on QI, but it sounds a bit bollocks.

Apparently Moore had a patch. This thread here has a lot of authoritative sounding posts and film suggestions if you want to check Connery's hairline through the ages http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/15254/

Thomas

Scroll down a tad for wigless You Only Live Twice Connery action-

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/644308/#p644308

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Not totally Bald mate.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

http://media.aintitcool.com/media/uploads/2013/btsdiamondsforeverboobs_large.jpg

Got to say, this the most "Here's why you want to be James Bond" picture ever.

biggytitbo

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 18, 2015, 07:31:19 AM

I give him 9 months.

Pfft.  Your retrospective baldness assessment game is weak as, bro.  Here he is on the set of Diamonds Are Forever...: