Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:16:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How to completly ruin a Great TV show...

Started by swinny, February 13, 2004, 12:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swinny

Put it on Sky One!

This is probably discussed elsewhere, but hey-ho....Anyone catch 24 last night?....hour and a quarter...4 advert breaks...total loss of any tension and at the end was just glad it was over rather than the usual "oooh, cant wait till next week"....which is a shame, as seemed like it was a good start to the series.

Fucking Murdoch....clear and obvious ploy to get everyone to buy Sky+ just so we can skip the adverts!

Purple Tentacle

Wait 25 weeks and get the DVDs before you spoil the whole thing for yourself.

And burn your Sky dish.

sproggy

Makes you wonder how much a premium people would be willing to pay for advert free TV.  Lets face it, adverts completely ruin a program and 99.9% of people ignore them anyway.

CH5 is the worse, 5 minutes after the start and BAM! you get 4 minutes of pish rammed down your throat, it really does have to be a fucking good program for me to watch commercial TV these days.

Hans

The adverts ruined it completely.  Just as I was getting into it the adverts kicked in ruining any tension that had been built up.  The amount of breaks pissed me off as well, why couldn't they just have half an hour of programme followed by a break and then another break after another half an hour?  Every fifteen minutes was a bit much.

bill hicks

Can I suggest Bit Torrent if you're on broadband? I finally got up to date last night with episode 13 and the kind gentleman who encodes the eps takes off the ad breaks so it's just like watching the BBC.

Oh and keep watching, it's a real head fucker.

big dogs cock

It really takes the mess when you pay a tenner for a premiership plus game, then they stick ad's on it anyway.

How are the ad companies going to adapt when sky plus type devices are the norm? More blatant product placement like the streets' nice bit of publicity on 'enders last night?

I was happy watching adverts for cancer, heart disease and loans on UK Food this afternoon, when up pops Keith Floyd for 8 mins, telling me how to make nomadic lamb curry, tsk.

Krang

I sat down to watch the adverts, and they kept putting shows on inbetween, totally fucked me off.

Gazeuse

Bloody hell there's a terrible thing on Channel 5 at the moment. I have to watch what's on telly downstairs up here in my room (Thanks to ntl) and Mrs. Gaz is watching one of those awful sentimental American TV movies. I just phoned Mrs. Gaz up to complain just as one of the characters died and Mrs. Gaz was filling up. I told her not to be so daft and that the woman didn't even do a good 'die,' like with her legs and arms going up in the air.

Bring on more ads, I say (Especially the David Kelly last interview promo).

Quote from: "big dogs cock"It really takes the mess when you pay a tenner for a premiership plus game, then they stick ad's on it anyway.

How are the ad companies going to adapt when sky plus type devices are the norm? More blatant product placement like the streets' nice bit of publicity on 'enders last night?

I read something about this a few months back, regarding the habit people have of switching straight over as soon as any ads come up. (made all the worst with the birth of digital tv) It is thought that in the not too distant future ads will run across the screen in banner form or in a pop up window whilst the programme is still being shown. I mentioned this to my brother in law to be who lives in Indonesia and he said thats what happens over there anyway.

twatloops

Quote from: "bill hicks"Can I suggest Bit Torrent if you're on broadband? I finally got up to date last night with episode 13 and the kind gentleman who encodes the eps takes off the ad breaks so it's just like watching the BBC.

Oh and keep watching, it's a real head fucker.

Me too.  Long rule BT!