Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:02:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Digitiser Returns

Started by Beagle 2, December 11, 2014, 09:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beagle 2

Yes!!!

I know it was divisive, but I always bloody loved it, and I'm glad to find that neither myself or Mr Biffo seem to have matured in the years since its demise. Proper joyful belly laughs at some of the funnies section.

BPFHAY

I hope he doesn't get frustrated and ornery again like on Board of Biffo. A lot of people felt let down by him towards the end of that. So far Twitter and a GamerGate post doesn't seem to have been a good mix for him. Even in the Digi days he'd get upset with his fan base on newsgroups.

syntaxerror

Digitiser and its tongue-in-cheek lame, outdated humour made sense on a lame and out dated format.

BPFHAY

It was a lot more fun when he wasn't allowed to swear and post pixelated rudeness. Like Ren and Stimpy when they were allowed to be adult. Not as good.

BPFHAY

Did anybody else pay a fiver to access the 2003/2004-ish web-based subscription Digitiser run by Rose and Campbell etc.? I wish I still had the zip file archive they gave us at the end.

lazarou

Digiworld was a lovely little thing. It was never going to work as a subscription service back then, though. It's the sort of thing that's only really become viable lately thanks to Patreon and the like. Also they didn't run it for nearly long enough to build any steam. Even somewhere like RPS needed to run for months and months to make anything at all. By the time I'd heard about Digi it was already dead, which was a bit shite.

You can get an archive of all the back issues here.

Beagle 2

Quote from: syntaxerror on December 11, 2014, 05:50:38 PM
Digitiser and its tongue-in-cheek lame, outdated humour made sense on a lame and out dated format.

Explain how it's 'outdated'? Not for everybody for sure, I can't really argue with people who don't like it, but I'm not sure it belongs in any particular era.

The GTA article on there is great. There's certainly a gap for this in my life anyway, and I hope it's a success. I suspect the chances are slim, but my fingers are crossed.

syntaxerror

Sorry I should have made it clear - I loved Digitiser. I just think the 'slightly-knowingly-crap vibe" has been done.. Digitiser died and I don't see the need to resurrect it.

Phil_A

His film career didn't take off after Pudsey: The Movie, then?

Sad to say, but getting to know what Biffo is really like soured me on Digitiser. I just can't enjoy that style of humour as much as I used to because it just reminds me of what a dick he was.

syntaxerror

BPFHAY

He was just enough of a dick to make everybody very tired of him towards the end of the forums. I think there were perhaps four offshoot forums created so the people who met on those forums could continue talking without having to put up with him. Some of them still exist and resulted in excellent things.

syntaxerror

Sounds like a case of the No Homers Club.