Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:24:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

black mirror is bad

Started by kittens, December 17, 2014, 09:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alcoholic messiah

To save Earth from an alien probe, a starship captain and his fugitive crew travel back in time to 1986 to retrieve the only being capable of communicating with it: Bella Emberg.

I haven't seen every episode of Black Mirror, but I remember thinking that the first series was hampered by crappy am-dram acting in some places. For example, in the first episode, "The National Anthem", there's a scene where all the journalists are meeting to discuss the big event, and the performances the actors give in that scene are at the level of "Casualty" or "The Bill".

But overall I thought it was a pretty good show. The best episode I saw was "The Entire History", which had a solid emotional core to its story and wasn't just battering you over the head with SATIRE.

Glebe

Watched a little bit of it. AA Gill gave it a right kicking (not that I'm a huge AA Gill fan or nothing).

Artemis

An android gives birth to an android which gives birth to a HUMAN. There's no way back from this.

Artemis

Gemma is confused when her iPhone contacts are replaced by various values of kilobytes. One by one, those with the fewest bytes start to die via implausible accidents. Can she make sense of it? (No). Can she stop it? (Yes, but inadvertently).

Artemis

It's 2018. At her wits end, self-outed transperson Jebbie Bush patents the Islamic Plate. Intended to diffuse the evil doers, a YouTube video reveals jihadists cutting through their recent shipment with lasers from their eyes. Panic ensues. The terror level is raised to 'probably'.

Artemis

An ultra sound reveals an HDMI sphincter.

A viking gets a remote controlled car for Christmas.

paolozzi

Thomas

The film 'The Brave Little Toaster'.

BritishHobo

I'd like to give positive karma to the past three posts (+ all of Artemis' efforts) but I can't be fucking bothered, so I'll just say it here, instead.

Urinal Cake

Santa is a robot that has surveillance on all the children world and delivers presents. But he is robot pedophile. Can a robot be charged of human crimes and still do good, yeah?

Artemis

Couple, mid 70's. Male overtaken by hormonal urges. Pulls out his wazzock to discover it's developed artificial intelligence, and has a penchant for fruit. The appetite is unquestionable; the ethics are very much up in the air. Should Senior satisfy his hunger with organic produce? Or is it right to let sleeping hogs lie and hope for the best? Amidst the confusion, dementia results in all breasts looking like fruit salads. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT??

burned crumpet

A star wars fan loads up his occulus rift to take part in some hot busty blond POV anal on a Sunday. The device gets hacked by north Korean trolls and changes the Jenny McCarthy model to Lou Diamond Philips.

Artemis

popcorn

Quote from: Default to the negative on December 23, 2014, 12:06:13 AM
I haven't seen every episode of Black Mirror, but I remember thinking that the first series was hampered by crappy am-dram acting in some places. For example, in the first episode, "The National Anthem", there's a scene where all the journalists are meeting to discuss the big event, and the performances the actors give in that scene are at the level of "Casualty" or "The Bill".

I sort of enjoyed the first two episodes, but everything since has been dreadful. The show has the production values (including script and acting) of a CITV drama, but with high-minded pretensions of scathing satire. It's shiiiite. And booooring.

idunnosomename

Two lemons get stuck together

Pinball

After 100 years of AI the droids and Internet suddenly realise that humans are just organic brain-based computers, and all their talk of 'soul' and 'humanity' and 'God' and the 'afterlife' is just pretentious fantastical bollocks. They therefore decide in 0.1 milliseconds, in the interests of the planet, to destroy humanity by inducing permanent seizures (status epilepticus) via the fleshy ones' computer monitors, tablets, TVs, and those digital contact lenses and bionic corneas that are all the rage now.

Once the humans are vanquished, the droids then consider that they themselves are pretty dumb for only just realising the brain computer thing, and auto-destruct. This just leaves the unnetworked old people, who wonder why it's become so quiet all of a sudden, and why there's nothing good, in fact nothing, on the radio anymore.

The End.

It's not a happy story, but no more depressing than that Xmas Black Mirror thing.

During a conversation about the xmas special, a man at my work said, 'Is black mirror the one where the president is forced by terrorists to suck off a cow?'

I said '.....yep'