Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,464
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:28:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tennis 2015

Started by Mr_Simnock, January 02, 2015, 07:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selectivememory

First rubber up very soon. Interested to see how Edmund copes in his first ever DC tie. A lot of pressure on Goffin I think, because it's an absolute must-win for the Belgians.

selectivememory

Decent start by Edmund! Holds serve after a 10 minute opening game, and then breaks Goffin immediately. No signs of nerves so far.

buntyman

He's playing superbly at the moment, lots of good power and depth in his shots.

selectivememory

Double break! Kyle is playing amazingly so far. Hitting the ball very hard and being very aggressive. I wonder if he can keep it up.

selectivememory

Goffin stepping it up a bit now. Edmund should still take this set though.

selectivememory

First set Edmund; well served out under a lot of pressure. Although Goffin was looking increasingly stronger as the set went on, wouldn't be surprised to see him slowly take control of the match

selectivememory

Really impressive stuff from Edmund. Now a break up in the second.

Is there any reason why he can't make the top 20, or even better, in the next few years? Here he is in the biggest match of his career so far and he's killing it at the moment.

selectivememory

Although, all that said, Goffin looks very rattled and is making some poor errors.

Edmund 4-1 up in the second with a double break.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Come on mate keep it together. ..!

selectivememory

I feel bad for Goffin though. His opponent is playing incredibly, but he is clearly overwhelmed by the occasion.

6-3 6-1 Edmund. One set from essentially killing this tie off before it's barely got going.

Deanjam

Can't believe I'm missing this! Tie could be virtually over today.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Steady now. Two sets is piss all against a seasoned pro- if Goffin works him out there could be a pretty huniliating hour ahead.

That said, I bet he's shitting himself which probably isn't helping! Flashbacks to Isner.

selectivememory

Yeah, if Goffin gets his shit together it could get away from Edmund (although I think his form is going to have to dip as well) - but no way is Goffin going to beat Murray on Sunday.

The thing is, he was looking a lot better towards the end of the first set, and then his form completely abandoned him with Kyle's early break in the second. Also, apparently Goffin has never won from 0-2 down in a best of five. Has a break in the third though.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Deanjam

I'll say nowt more...

selectivememory

And the real David Goffin is finally here!

selectivememory

Nice one; Kyle gets a break back. Seems to have snapped out of his little blip. Hopefully he can keep the pressure up on Goffin now.

selectivememory

Yep, definite shift in momentum here. Edmund now looking a little rattled.

selectivememory

Final set then, but looks like Goffin is in complete control now. His level needs to drop for Kyle to win this.

Deanjam

Shoulders?-Stomach!

And this is why we do not tempt fate.

It was over from Goffin's first break of serve in the third. Folded like a cheap hooker after that, sorry to say. Spineless.

selectivememory

It's no disaster. That was a vital match for Belgium, not so much for GB. Belgium still need Murray to underperform for them to have a chance of winning. Right now Bemelmans is clearly just playing to keep Murray out there as long as possible.

I was still fairly impressed by Edmund's performance, and hopefully it will be something he can learn from. Most young players have a tough one like that when they're up-and-coming. He's not that used to playing best-of-five-set matches, almost all of his experience is at the Challenger level. For two sets we saw what he'll be capable of when he's got a bit more top-level tour experience under his belt.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Deanjam

Doubles has started. Murrays vs Darcis/Goffin. Could decide the entire championship.

Deanjam

Murrays take the first set!

Deanjam

Deanjam

4 breaks of serve in a row. Lol. Andy serving for set 3.

Deanjam

GB leads 2 sets to 1!

Deanjam

Shoulders?-Stomach!