Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:29:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tennis 2015

Started by Mr_Simnock, January 02, 2015, 07:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Simnock

Barring a massive massive effort by the Belgians we practically have this in the bag. Goffin and Bemelmans must both be quite tense now, neither can lose their upcoming games

selectivememory

Great result. I'd be amazed if Murray lost to Goffin now - especially now that Goffin will also be playing his third match of the tie. He might nick a set, but in a best-of-five I can't see him having enough to beat Murray.

biggytitbo

Murray can do this spinning on his cock.

Deanjam

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Couple of dud hitchkick forehands from Goffin - 3 break points - and a break!!

Come on son put this away!!

Deanjam

One more game needed!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Poor Goffin looks so sad - hope someone is on hand to give the guy a hug after.

biggytitbo

Let's hope Murray celebrates his imminent win by spinning on his cock. He's earnt it!

biggytitbo

Haha what an amazing shot to win it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

WHOA

I never thought I'd ever see this.

Deanjam

Just fantastic! Brilliant point at the end. Like how Murray threw everyone off him to shake the Belgians hands.

biggytitbo

It seems, in a way, to almost be more improbable than his Wimbledon win. Andy Murray should be winning Wimbledon, but GB winning the Davis Cup is just daft.

Deanjam

Shut up Andrew Castle. You're spoiling it.

ollyboro

First the boxing, now this!! Fuck,  I really want to invade somewhere.

BlodwynPig

A hum drum achievement

monolith

Great to see Northern Ireland, England, Wales and also Scotland winning the Davis Cup.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 29, 2015, 03:15:31 PM
A hum drum achievement

Gonna suspend a neg to allow you the chance to qualify that.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Aw don't cry Goffin, you did pretty well you know...

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Chairmen of BNP Paribas there soaking up the applause- they'll be pleased with their performance tonight Clive.

Deanjam

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 29, 2015, 03:23:35 PM
Aw don't cry Goffin, you did pretty well you know...

He's like a Dickensian orphan.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Why did they have to sing the fucking national anthem?

Andy Murray there looking like he'd rather piss glass.

Deanjam

selectivememory

Wahey! Just watched it on catch-up. Goffin played way better than I thought he would (hope for a good year for him in 2016), but Murray is just a magnificent bastard. Never in doubt once the doubles was secured.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 29, 2015, 03:22:35 PM
Gonna suspend a neg to allow you the chance to qualify that.

It wasn't exactly a difficult match to win. France or Australia were slightly tougher but uk had it in the bag from round 1

biggytitbo

Belgium have more players in the top 200 than we do though, so overall their strength in depth is better, after Murray.

selectivememory

Since this is the culmination of five years of work, most of it not involving Andy Murray, it's not fair or accurate to say that he won the cup for them. But as far as the ties this year go, he's been about 90% responsible for GB winning each one except against the States, and I think you're underestimating what a staggering individual feat that is.

He was magnificent this weekend and the final result never looked in doubt, but his performances in the quarterfinal and the semifinal were amazing given that he had to play three matches on consecutive days, in the week following a Grand Slam. In both of those ties there was at least one gruelling match that he had to battle extremely hard to win (he looked like he was going to drop dead against Simon; still managed to grind it out in four). If you look at the individual players who have done in a single year in the DC what Murray's done this year, you'll see he's in pretty rare company.

Cheer up, France are due a DC win sooner or later, especially so now all the top players of this generation have ticked it off their list. Olympic year next year, so I expect a lot of the best players will skip the quarters after Wimbledon to focus on that.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 29, 2015, 10:32:38 PM
It wasn't exactly a difficult match to win. France or Australia were slightly tougher but uk had it in the bag from round 1

It's churlish in the extreme to frame it like that. The team have had to fightback from pretty much the basement of world tennis to get back in the World Group- much of which was done without Murray's help, then beat the three traditionally strongest teams in world tennis then have the goolies to actually get the job done in an away tie in the final. It's a mammoth achievement.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 30, 2015, 11:16:45 AM
It's churlish in the extreme to frame it like that. The team have had to fightback from pretty much the basement of world tennis to get back in the World Group- much of which was done without Murray's help, then beat the three traditionally strongest teams in world tennis then have the goolies to actually get the job done in an away tie in the final. It's a mammoth achievement.

Small peanuts really. Goffin, Bemelmans?? Murray/Murray.

I would say that even if UK had played Serbia or Spain they would have won. Only Switzerland on paper are better than UK at the moment.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

You cheapen yourself in the attempt.

QuoteAfter returning from the Shanghai Masters in October, Murray said he arrived at the National Training Centre in London to find no other players present."I was there on a Monday at about 3pm and then on Tuesday, at the same time," he said."There was not one person using any of the indoor courts and not one person in the gym. I took photos of it because the place cost like £40m and there are no people."

A bit of fire being aimed at the LTA as well who must be one of the least effect, least inclusive and most dysfunctional large sporting bodies who continually hover between near-absolute and absolute failure to do the primary reason for their existence. It's funny how they haven't had an iota of credit for the Davis Cup win and their chairman is left making fatuous aspirations in its wake desperately clinging to the notion of their contribution.