Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:35:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Inessential shit from the backwaters of years old TV that you somehow still remember

Started by non capisco, January 12, 2015, 01:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Replies From View on March 07, 2015, 08:52:43 PM
I'd put money on it being Not The Nine O'Clock News.

Edit:  It is.  Search this page for "Scotland Yard" and it gives the precise episode the sketch was in:  http://sotcaa.org/history/sotcaa2000/sotcaa2000_frame.html?/history/sotcaa2000/editnews/not_episodes.html

Thanks!

My other query was to have been "Handhi Bendhi Gandhi" but a simple google search popped up a youtube link.  I was thinking Smith & Jones or NTNOCN but it turns out to be from Three Of A Kind.

Catalogue Trousers

QuoteThis thread is now so long, I can't remember if I ever asked - or if it was in a previous thread - but I have been trying to ID a thematically-similar sketch which features a newsreader finishing his broadcast, and popping open the front of the computer monitor on his desk to reveal his dinner, nicely warmed and ready to eat...

Could that possibly be an episode of The Day Today, mothman? Given the way that every episode of that ended with Morris doing some sort of gag while seated at a newsdesk by a computer monitor...

kidsick5000

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on March 08, 2015, 01:16:39 PM
Thanks!

My other query was to have been "Handhi Bendhi Gandhi" but a simple google search popped up a youtube link.  I was thinking Smith & Jones or NTNOCN but it turns out to be from Three Of A Kind.

Wasn't it the "Bendy Kingsley"?

mothman

Quote from: Catalogue Trousers on March 08, 2015, 03:09:14 PM
Could that possibly be an episode of The Day Today, mothman? Given the way that every episode of that ended with Morris doing some sort of gag while seated at a newsdesk by a computer monitor...

It could well be - I wouldn't like to say no straight off. But my instincts tell me otherwise for a couple of reasons: I'd imagine if there was anywhere I'd find someone with an encyclopadic knowledge of the Morrisian ouevre, it'd be here - that, and my imperfect memory insists that this was a one-off "anchorman" sketch within the context of an all-sorts sketch chow.

Mr Banlon

Baggy-Pants & the Nitwits.
The Oddball Couple. (A cartoon version of The Odd Couple with a dog and a cat)

Gulftastic

Quote from: Bingo Fury on March 08, 2015, 11:10:51 PM
Speed Buggy.

I always remember the catchphrase 'Won-won-won-WONDERWHEELS!' from the cartoon 'Wonderwheels', but in my head, I picture Wonderwheels looking like Speed Buggy instead of the motorcycle a quick youtube search reveals it to be.

Rev

Quote from: Fabian Thomsett on February 27, 2015, 02:55:46 PM
A drama called Soul Survivor with Ian McShane playing a DJ who travels to the States to get a fictional soul group back together. Isaac Hayes was one of the group. My main memory is McShane being told by The Man that the radio station now only plays hard rock music and he locks himself in his studio and plays a metal song by a group called Roosterhouse over and over again, drunkenly shouting/swearing over the top of it.

Preceded, and this is the only specific bit I remember, by him picking up a CD single from the pile of bullshit the station were playlisting and demanding 'who the hell are Radiohead?'  I think 'The Bends' came out about six months later so that scene may not have dated too well.

George White

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 13, 2015, 06:03:34 PM
Harry Hills impression of Dodgy Dave Courtney as Ronald Rat. Still unable to find out what episode it's from. On a similar note, still unable to find the almost apocryphal but it definetly did happen 'Mike Reid blacked up as a Rastafarian saying onion rings' clip.

In my mind both those things were amongst the funniest things I've ever seen so perhaps it's best I never see them again?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St0Kjt2AGqQ

Clownbaby

Spam up

For a special tea

Spam up

For an anniversary

Spam up

For the taste of it

Spam up

(Spam up)

petril

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Replies From View on January 12, 2015, 09:40:17 AM
A Grange Hill one:  a class are at a swimming pool, and while the instructor is attending to an adjacent pool they mess about despite being told not to.  This culminates in one of the kids jumping into the pool to get something from the bottom, but he ends up staying at the bottom of the pool in a really strange way.  I just remember that, really - the peculiar way that he was staying on the bottom of the pool not moving.  Then the class of kids suddenly started screaming and legging it out of the swimming pool room.  I don't remember much else but I think whether he survived was left ambiguous at the end of the episode.

<edit> Ooops. just noticed this was from 4 years ago, ah well still Grange Hill talk so fuck it.....

Jeremy Irvine that was, cousin of Gordon "Jonah" Jones, the absolute star of the previous two series who had mysteriously disappeared to Wales in this series but his carrot top cousin showed up in his stead. That left me bewildered for years, until I read that what happened was the writers had planned a storyline where Jonah was pissing off his mates and in a desperate attempt to win back their approval, drowned tragically in the pool. When the actor/agent caught wind of this idea they nixed it and  he left the show (later to show up a similarly school-based show on ITV, Behind The Bike Sheds), so the writers hurriedly introduced his cousin Jeremy to GH (he had appeared in the previous series attending Rodney Bennett) and basically transferred the Jonah plot to him

Next week - the mysterious airbrushing from history of the original classmates of Pogo Patterson.

petril

beanheadmcginty

kalowski

EVERYBODY
VERYBODY
ERYBODY
RYBODY
YBODY
BODY
ODY
DY
Y
EVERYBODY'S HERE!

I swear no one else knows what I'm going on about.

kalowski

Jockice

kalowski

Quote from: Drop Dead Fred on February 24, 2019, 08:22:13 AM
Cook
Cook
Cook
Cookability.
That's the beauty of gaaaaaass!
Which always reminds me of Viz and why Gaz Top is the king of pop.

Pop
Pop
Pop
Popability
That's the beauty of Gaz

mjwilson

Apologies if this has already come up (or if I have got the words wrong, or if you have been trying hard to forget it) but

Yankee Noodle went to town
With lots of straight spaghetti
He twisted it all round and round
And this is what he getti

(A-noodle-doodle-doodle-doodle) butterflies
(A-noodle-doodle-doodle-doodle) houses
(A-noodle-doodle-doodle-doodle) something else
Eek! noodle doodle mouses

kalowski

Which reminds me of

Yankee Doodle stayed at home
Cooking for his pony
Put fat spaghetti in a pot
And called it macaroni

thraxx

Kid looks into his reflection in a sheet glass window:

'A me... A me... A me....
I... I wish i lived here...'

Norton Canes

"You like cheese, you love these!"

Usually quoted at school by another kid as he wafted a fart into someone else's face

JesusAndYourBush

A cup of wee.
Fweshing.
Dee.
Licious.
Brooke Bond Dividend D.

Quote from: Norton Canes on February 24, 2019, 10:24:13 AM
"You like cheese, you love these!"

Usually quoted at school by another kid as he wafted a fart into someone else's face

I remember one kid at school farting then exclaiming "Ahhh! Bisto!" which got a good laugh.