Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:23:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Inessential shit from the backwaters of years old TV that you somehow still remember

Started by non capisco, January 12, 2015, 01:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beanheadmcginty

pigamus

What goes up
Must come down
Super Fresco makes it easy
It's by Graham & Brown

Gulftastic

Everything today is thoroughly modern
Bird Eye Oven Crispy is
Cod in batter in the oven you pop
Traditional-delitional
Goodbye, old frying pan
I'm changing and how
Cos here's that birds eye cod and
Thoroughly modern batter now....

Bently Sheds

"Don Amott - the king of caravans!
The price is right and the choice is yours!"

kalowski

Phil_A

BULL BOYS SHOES IS WHAT YOU NEED
GET THE POWER
ON YOUR FEET

With Bull Boys Shoes you get a free pair of shinpaaaads
"SIGNED BY ME, ALAN HANSEN"

GET THE POWER
ON YOUR FEET

Gulftastic

'You could have Bryan Robson, kicking in your desk,
You could have Daley Thompson, putting on your running vest..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9C-YjJtxaY

Hen-Ree C raps.

jobotic

You make a tree, a frog
A mushroom, a log.
A fierce alligator
A volcano crater
A wide, wide mouth

You make it with Play-doh

Oh I didn't know that Rumbelows could better any deal on the spot
Oh no, I had not rumbled it

Breaststroke, backstroke
Butterfly and crawl
Doggie paddle, bellyflop
You can do them all
LEARN TO SWIM

touchingcloth

Quote from: Phil_A on February 24, 2019, 07:16:10 PM
GET THE POWER
ON YOUR FEET

With Bull Boys Shoes you get a free pair of shinpaaaads
"SIGNED BY ME, ALAN HANSEN"

GET THE POWER
ON YOUR FEET

When I read your first paragraph, my brain automatically filled in the second before reading it, but verbatim to what you wrote. Amazing that I can remember that shite after, what, twenty five years?

A white, mk2 Vauxhall Cavalier being crushed with a body in the boot in an episode of Taggart. My mate's mum had exactly the same make and model and colour of car at the time.

Cold Meat Platter

Saturday Live, December 1988, just after Roy Orbison died, a singer (I did not recognize him) is making a draw, points to the bowl and says "Are these the ashes?" Sarah Greene admonishes him, "That's sick!"

imitationleather

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 24, 2019, 09:57:04 PM
When I read your first paragraph, my brain automatically filled in the second before reading it, but verbatim to what you wrote. Amazing that I can remember that shite after, what, twenty five years?

How strange, I only remember the Gareth Southgate version of the advert. If I recall correctly, it was just after Euro '96 when Gareth was at his penalty-missing and Pizza Hut-adverting peak.

Phil_A

Quote from: imitationleather on February 24, 2019, 11:48:39 PM
How strange, I only remember the Gareth Southgate version of the advert. If I recall correctly, it was just after Euro '96 when Gareth was at his penalty-missing and Pizza Hut-adverting peak.

Ha, yes! The ruthless Bull Boys marketing team dropped Southgate like a hot spud following Euro 96 and Hansen was roped in instead. Originally the promotional gift was a Southgate-signed football (printed obviously, they didn't make him sign every one), I remember seeing a basket full of them in the shoe shop the summer of that year.

touchingcloth

I don't remember that other version at all! Alan Hansen and the shin pads are burned into my brain, though. I'm not a football fan now and never have been, but I remember the general playground mood being that Alan Hansen shinpads were decidedly uncool - have I remembered correctly?

There's a pair of Euro size 27s going on eBay at the moment - £37 plus £11 postage if anyone needs a fix.

Norton Canes

Space ghost

After ninety minutes of sheer hull John Barnes wants to sell you new isotonic Lucozade spart from an oddly colour filtered changing room.

petril

Quote from: Space ghost on February 26, 2019, 02:44:37 AM
After ninety minutes of sheer hull John Barnes wants to sell you new isotonic Lucozade spart from an oddly colour filtered changing room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVyFSA1DCTg

note the way he throws it up for a right-footed volley then he's suddenly whipping it into the bin with his left

Norton Canes

An advert for Lightwater Valley that I can't find on YouTube that rips off Sabrina Johnston's 'Peace (In The Valley)' with lyrics that went:

Peace in the valley
Thrills in the valley
Lightwater Valley
Yeah Eah Eah Eah.

paruses

Quote from: Bently Sheds on February 24, 2019, 06:05:25 PM
"Don Amott - the king of caravans!
The price is right and the choice is yours!"

For a long time I thought they were in one place: Darley Dale, in Measham.

What a fool I was.

petril

The off-brand Star Wars world of the Broadcasting Complaints Commission. That slightly-too-long pause on a black screen leading in was always a bit eerie to me