Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:03:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Inessential shit from the backwaters of years old TV that you somehow still remember

Started by non capisco, January 12, 2015, 01:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadagoose

Quote from: Phil_A on February 25, 2019, 12:01:51 AM
Ha, yes! The ruthless Bull Boys marketing team dropped Southgate like a hot spud following Euro 96 and Hansen was roped in instead. Originally the promotional gift was a Southgate-signed football (printed obviously, they didn't make him sign every one), I remember seeing a basket full of them in the shoe shop the summer of that year.
I definitely remember the Southgate version, but not the Hansen version. Wasn't there an ad for Lelly Kelly shoes that always came right after (or before?) that advert too? Was that the same company?

Chriddof

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on February 24, 2019, 11:29:57 PM
Saturday Live, December 1988, just after Roy Orbison died, a singer (I did not recognize him) is making a draw, points to the bowl and says "Are these the ashes?" Sarah Greene admonishes him, "That's sick!"

Do you mean Going Live or did Sarah Greene make an appearance on Saturday Live (the Channel 4 live comedy show, which by 1988 was called Friday Night Live)?

EDIT: Because I've got nothing better to do I looked up the Radio Times listing for Going Live on 10th December 1988 (Roy Orbison died on the 6th).

QuoteGoing Live!
with Sarah Greene and Philip Schofield.
Featuring Trevor and Simon. There's cartoon action with Droids and The Raccoons, go behind the scenes when Philip competes with Sybil Roscoe in Double Dare. There's music from Belinda Carlisle and photography hints from Russ Malkin. Donimo entertains and Newsround's Roger Finn informs. This week's Press Conference examines the work of Amnesty International. Editor CHRIS BELLINGER

I dunno if Belinda Carlisle has that kind of humour. It could have been "Donimo".

JesusAndYourBush

There's a cat in town that you might know
He goes by the name of Donimo

Enrico Palazzo

Quote from: Chriddof on March 08, 2019, 01:53:29 AM
Do you mean Going Live or did Sarah Greene make an appearance on Saturday Live (the Channel 4 live comedy show, which by 1988 was called Friday Night Live)?

EDIT: Because I've got nothing better to do I looked up the Radio Times listing for Going Live on 10th December 1988 (Roy Orbison died on the 6th).

I dunno if Belinda Carlisle has that kind of humour. It could have been "Donimo".

It was James Grant of Love & Money.

petril

Quote from: Vodka Margarine on February 05, 2015, 10:10:16 AM
Bitza this, Bitza that, put it all together and what have you got? Bits and pieces, bits and bobs, put 'em all together - what a luvverly job!

WITH STRINGS AND THINGS AND LOO ROLLS AND GLUE.