Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:01:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

'Batman' Fathers 4 Justice protestor at Buckingham Palace

Started by weirdbeard, September 13, 2004, 04:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weirdbeard

He's still there now, live on all the news channels.  Will no doubt re-ignite the debates about Royal security and if these kind of protests are actually doing the cause of fathers' rights harm instead of good.

EDIT:  Sky News have hilariously got a helicopter at the scene.

zozman

Are you sure it's a protestor and not actually Batman?

mikeyg27

jutl

Ironically he's blown out his visitation day to do that.

zozman

Maybe Prince Phillip accidently switched on a huge bat sign lighting up the London sky.....

that wouldn't work though, seeing as it's daytime

VegaLA

Pinball

Women wanting to protest against these fathers could dress up as Wonder Woman, and have fights with Batman. Yeah! I'd watch that.

More seriously, though, he was pretty stupid to do that. It could have been a Bat Splat scenario.

"Holy brains on the pavement, Batman!"

Would be pretty cool if Spiderman swung down and rescued him.

Christ, I've got to grow up..

You can tell he's a dad, because he's wearing a bum bag around the front.

zozman

Quote from: "Partridge's Love Child"You can tell he's a dad, because he's wearing a bum bag around the front.

I think you'll find that that's a "utility bat-belt"  ;-)

Rolf Harris

I particularly like the totally unflustered, casual looking copper on the left. Are they just having a relaxed chat?

zozman

I like the way it says "breaking news - no members of the royal family are in the palace".

Really, are these people doing their case more harm than good?

Why do they always dress as super-heroes?  Is this some bollocks reference to the fact that they have to be super to be dads in this society, or is it just a father's natural procilivity to being as embarrassing as it is humanly possible to be?

Pinball

Even as we speak Al Qa'eda operatives are coming up with a cunning plan...

Osama could dress as Brian Blessed's character in Flash Gordon.

"Bin Laden's alive?"

Harfyyn Teuport

Buck Palace eh? Is that what the cool kids are calling it these days? And the word 'news' is displayed three times on that one page. And the size of the word FLASH there is great as well. And that wall could do with a clean.

Pinball

Superman walks up to 10 Downing Street to hand in a "Fathers for Justice"  petition, then storms in shouting "For Allahhhhhhhhh!". Wouldn't be hard would it? I wonder how far he'd get before being shot? The probability of killiing Blair would be quite low, unless he's meeting Arab leaders in the drawing room. Oh the irony.

Well, that's my quota of Echelon keywords used up for the day.

notnotnatnats

These men truly are idiotic. Who would grant custody or even access rights to a man who is willing to dress up in spandex and endanger his life (and probably others) by scaling a building? You're not likely to see a woman dressing up as wonderwoman and fighting batman, because any half decent mother wouldn't turn to cheap publicity stunts.

The key thing is for both parents to have communication. Most women aren't the vindictive bitches that they're made out to be by people like the UK mens movement. You have to wonder how bad the marriage was for parents to resort to having a judge controlling their family life.

Pinball

Quote from: "notnotnatnats"You have to wonder how bad the marriage was for parents to resort to having a judge controlling their family life.
Well said. It would be interesting - and no doubt disturbing - to do personality tests of the membership of FFJ.

zozman

Christ, I hope this doesn't descend into a Ray Parlour orange wife type slanging match.

Quote from: "notnotnatnats"Who would grant custody or even access rights to a man who is willing to dress up in spandex and endanger his life

That's what you reckon, eh.  Well, Shirley didn't get his nickname by accident, by jingo.

The BBC's report on this has some gems on it:

Quote"I'm not sure where he is but I can hear him shouting"

Buckingham Palace spokeswoman

and

Quote"If the Queen has heard about this, she would be absolutely livid"

James Whitaker
Former royal correspondent

Shhh, don't tell her.

Nice picture too;

notnotnatnats

Quote from: "Partridge's Love Child"
Quote from: "notnotnatnats"Who would grant custody or even access rights to a man who is willing to dress up in spandex and endanger his life

That's what you reckon, eh.  Well, Shirley didn't get his nickname by accident, by jingo.

I don't get it. I'll get back to ironing your shirt.

This is from the the Fathers4Justice website:

QuoteThe UK has the second highest rate of young offending in Western Europe. Is it coincidence that the explosion in young offending has happened under a government that is systematically denying thousands of children 'contact' with their fathers?

Is it wrong of me to suggest that the answer to that question could be "yes".

Apparently the reason for the superhero costumes is that "children see their dads as superheroes."  According to Robin, anyway.

weirdbeard

'Robin' there, on the left who was threatened with being shot by armed police while following 'Batman' to the wall of Buckingham Palace.  The big question is why the shitty Robin costume?  Batman's got the right costume, why hasn't he?

EDIT:  

As it should be.  Robin's wearing one of the wanky movie costume's isn't he?

Joy Nktonga

Spiderman-Dad was arrested again at the weekend for doing his thing on a gantry over the M4 (I think. Much too lazy to look it up), and Robin was supposed to be there with the Batman but got threatened with guns before he could manage it (according to the news that I've just heard on the radio). Edit - Beaten to it by WeirdBeard, who included a wonderful picture of Richard O'Brien in fancy dress.

Notice a total lack of "comment" on my part. Again due to laziness; I don't want to argue my POV.

chand

Someone should tell them that we've heard of them already and thought they were twats last time, we ain't changing our minds.

Purple Tentacle

Haha, remember when Gordon Brown got a condom of purple flour in the face and all the news people were saying "WHAT IF it had been anthrax? WHAT IF???"

The BBC's been wanking on about "WHAT IF he was a suicide bomber? WHAT IF??"

.... erm.... but he's NOT.  Stop idle pointless scaremongering speculation, you fannies.

I can just see Huw Edwards jerking himself off over "The Omega Man" and gasping "what if.... what if...."

Where's Nev Fountain's phone number??

Pinball

terminallyrelaxed

Hmmm shiny green scaly Y-fronts or wanky movie costume, shiny green scaly Y-fronts or wanky movie costume...its a tough one.
I think the superhero costumes apart from being a publicity thing probably stop  them being shot as they charge the protected government buildings, evading armed guards - the lycra clearly doesnt conceal any Hezbollah waistcoats, the constabulary are pretty jumpy these days...