Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:18:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morris rips off Richard Pryor

Started by Black_Bart, January 15, 2015, 12:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black_Bart

Was listening to On The Hour last night and forgot about that gag I first heard Richard Pryor do.

If you're gonna steal, steal from the best

Old Nehamkin

Thomas

Relevant trivia -

Quote'Who's the greatest stand up?' Chris asked. Chris thought the answer was Richard Pryor.

http://badassdigest.com/2010/11/01/on-the-road-four-lions-tour-part-2-san-francisco/

Black_Bart

I'm going to let this one ride for a little. I know some of you want the challenge of hunting down this gag. Who knows maybe The Lamb Rogan Josh himself will float down from on high and let you know. Not likely tho' is it?

Flubwub

It's the whole premise of On The Hour that was nicked from Richard Pryor. Pryor had a radio programme which aired on ITV Radio 8 during the mid-late 1970's called "On The Day" - he co-wrote it with Gene Wilder.

Black_Bart

And Blue Jam?

Although the gag Morris rips off for Blue Jam isn't actually a Pryor gag, it's made by one of his "crew".

Black_Bart

The, of course, the answer was Some Kind Of Hero.

Black_Bart

For the bitter little twats who hate the fact they don't actually know THAT much about their hero, I'll post the next answer next week.

That'll give you a chance to come up with those Groucho Marx level barbs!

It's been way over a week and this bitter little twat needs answers!

Black_Bart

I totally forgot... I'll give you a clue... The TV show...

Black_Bart

And of course the answer is... Marsha Warfield in the Impro bit of the RP show.