Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:04:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The other Chris Morris

Started by pish, January 16, 2015, 06:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pish

Hello and welcome to a probable dead-end thread, but thanks for looking. I've only started it on account of being suddenly tickled, so do dive in.

Now I realise that, for years and years, the BBC has employed a roving international reporter called Chris Morris. I've often heard the name whilst "consuming" the BBC's news output, on either the telly or radio. However, it wasn't until earlier this evening, when I let out an involuntary and inappropriate guffaw upon hearing his name, that this fact really registered. And now I'm obsessed. Each time there's a throw to him from the studio, I'm expecting a feedback report. And now the same will happen to you. Rejoice.

"Our correspondent Chris Morris is in Paris, outside the church where the funeral has been taking place. He's been talking to some of the relatives of those killed in the attacks..."
<FX: blustery wind, off-mic> "What degree of exhalation do you think is appropriate today?"
"Erm, well.. today is a day for, erm, reflection..."
"...sort of holding up a big mirror to the world...?"
"Er.. yes.."
"..so the terrorists can see everyone's reflection?"
"...mmm.. not so much for the terrorists, but for peaceful people.."
"..and the sighs? How deep a breath?"
"the size? what? of the mirror?"
"..yeah, yeah.."
"erm, it would have to be big enough to show the world we are here.. still here.. right up in the sky.."
"..and if Rupert Murdoch tried to interfere with this.. sky mirror.. by, I don't know.. charging people to see the reflections?"
"..charging.. charging people?"
"..yeah.. making people pay.. to see.. watch all of your reflections in the sky.. what would you say to Rupert Murdoch?"
"..erm.. I don't..."
"..there he is, this guy.. Rupert Murdoch.. he's controlling your mirror in the sky and, y'know.. it's.. he sees there's a profit, and everyone must pay.."
"....ehh.. er.. there is no mirror in the sky!? today is about.. a day for everybody's reflections.. like.. er.."
"..je suis Narcissus?"
"..erm.. oui!"
<JINGLE: oooOooh.. kick it! Chriiiiisssss.. Morriiiissss.. (the only waaahhh.....) Keep Bustin'>

Feel free to type-up your own imagined feedback reports to Chris Morris (not that one) reportage, in the style of Chris Morris (that one) fan fiction - a la the above. In the name of freedom of speech and that. Keep it tasteless, eh?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hypodeemic Nerdle

Flubwub

My name is Chris Morris, I'm not even joking.

soraya

Quote from: Flubwub on January 18, 2015, 01:50:08 AM
My name is Chris Morris, I'm not even joking.

Obviously you're not Jo King, you're Chris Morris.

DangledTeeth

Let's not forget Chris Morris the rapper:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lwQjUxlPqk

He ought to have this bunch as his backing dancers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh7yyNiyeKI

DukeDeMondo

Jockice

Panbaams

South Today (BBC local news for Oxford and Southampton) has a reporter called Peter Cooke, with an E, annoyingly.